Dealers in the South East?

vam

Visit site
Hi guys, i need a bit of help.
Does anyone know of good dealers in the south east? I have got a few on my list to try but wondered if anyone had any other ideas. Also does anyone know much about Rowebuck Stud? Seems to have what i'm looking for but can't seem to find out much about them.
I'm mainly looking for a horse to show jump to Newcomers at least, nice honest type. 16hh to 16.2hh, no older than 7, don't mind green but has to load, not doing that again. No tbs, ideally wb or Irish, mare or gelding. All the usual, good toe clip etc.
I guess i'm looking for what most people are so i'm sure there are plenty of places to look, I don't have a massive budget either. Champagne taste, lemonade budget!
Only been looking for a few days and already loosing the will to live!
Thank :)

The Bouncing Bog Trotter

Visit site
Rowebuck Stud is ok, as are Matt Pike and Louis Simmons, know people who have bought from all three and have been happy. Also try Brendon Stud as they had a nice mare for sale. PM me if you struggle to find contact details. How lemonade is your budget?

vam

Visit site
Thank you, Brendon is on my list but I've heard mixed things about matt. Will put Lewis on my list as well. Budget will go up the longer I'm looking but it's not own brand lemonade ;) think I'm better getting more cash together but hate being horseless so going to start looking now.

claire_p2001

asdexploitvangroenhove.weebly.com
It might be a bit further than you want to travel but Kim Barzilay in bucks has some really nice ones and good prices she is worth a call and will have plenty to try so worth the drive. Also John Whinnet also bucks usually has nice ones in from Ireland not sure on prices though. Good luck with your search x

kirstie

Visit site
Simon Davies sport horses. Lovely horses come out of that yard and they aren't all mega money either. http://www.sdsporthorses.com

Would be worth giving him a call, he may have something you'd be interested in. If not, most likely he could find it for you.

vam

Visit site
Thanks all, hopefully going up to see John Winnett on Friday to see what he has. Dont mind having a bit of a drive, its not as if i've got much to take up my time at weekends! I thought i would start out local and then move out a bit but will probably end up going where i see the nice ones.

vam

Visit site
That good to hear, i wanted go to John's when i was looking before but got Q so didnt bother. It was very much spur of the moment as my instuctor just said he 'might have one in to suit and we will go up to just take a look and get you sat on something. I'll ring him and we'll go up Friday' Possably the shove i needed as i really, really dont like riding strange horses in front of people so horse shopping is pretty much hell for me. All a bit bitter sweet after loosing Q but as i said i dont like being horseless at all.

Tamski

Visit site
Two that I would recommend are Tristan Fell of Fellside horses and Hugo Payne. Both have nice horses that might fit the bill. Pm me if you need contact details

Firewell

Visit site
You lost your chestnut boy? Oh no! I've only just seen this :( :(. I'm sorry :(. Good luck with your horse search, I hope you find something lovely to cheer you up.

vam

Visit site
You lost your chestnut boy? Oh no! I've only just seen this :( :(. I'm sorry :(. Good luck with your horse search, I hope you find something lovely to cheer you up.

I did :( was going to do a post but wasnt sure anyone would remember us as its been so long since i've been on here plus i have soooo many pics its hard to chose a couple.

kt_p

Visit site
Not really a dealer but Jade Chloe Hall in Berkshire has some lovely horses in at the moment. All will be exactly what she says they are and she produces them beautifully. She has a fb page which she updates regularly but if you want contact details pm me.

flipthelid

Visit site
It's a bit out of the way but I have just bought a stunning horse from Stafford Barton Stud in Devon. Lovely people to deal with, very professional and they really do have some classy horses.

JennBags

HHOSS Wonder Woman
Visit site
No not heard of JB sports horses.

I can recommend hazelhurst stables - Justin Morgan. Also the guy I got my horse from does a bit of selling, Russell Ingram, he's a whipper in with the Kent & Surrey Bloodhounds and it's been said that he's never sold a bad horse. He certainly didn't in my case!

Lucyloo25

Visit site
Another for Jade Hall, she has loads of lovely ones in at the moment, I don't know if I'm allowed to link on here but send a PM if you would like contact details.
Also check out as above Uden Sport Horses and Brendon Stud.

All have quality horses.

vam

Visit site
I'm not really, unfortunately. I’ve decided to be sensible and spend the next few months saving, me and my oh are planning to buy a place this year so figured while I'm not paying for a horse it would be a good time to really put some cash away to cover the extras. There should be some left over for a horse but I do need these next few months. A bit gutted as really want to look but house trumps horse at the moment. That said I'm still looking as you never know what might come up but I'm being very picky and the budget at the moment is far less than I would like for the sort of horse I want.
It sucks being sensible ;)

vam

Visit site
Thank you, I do, the evenings are rubbish. I know its for the best but its really hard not looking as I keep seeing ones that I like. I very much think what will be, will be but knowing my luck I'll wait 6 months then it will take me another 6 to find the right one!
I can't wait to be out and about as I do miss competing.

Luci07

Visit site
Oh good luck. I was reading your thread with interest. My YO is in Reigate and has just taken on a 5 year old mare to sell. Mare looks to be quite serious on the Showjumping stakes as they haven't been able to bottom her out yet! Mare turned out be a lot better than the owner had thought hence deciding to sell her as she wants a RC general horse and this mare is not that.

Mrsbmobile

New User
Visit site
Has anyone heard or dealt with Harriet Crosbie-Barcroft in Battle, East Sussex?

We are looking to buy from this lady and I'm wondering what your experience was like? I can't find out much about their business....Cornerwood Stud?
Any info greatly received.
Thank you.

HappyDayz

Visit site
I never went in the end but a friend did and didn't bother getting on. Horse wasn't as described sadly. I don't know if it was a one off or not. Was described as an easy ride buy it clearly wasn't from the guy showing the horse. Fingers crossed you will tell us it was a one off x

Mrsbmobile

New User
Visit site
I never went in the end but a friend did and didn't bother getting on. Horse wasn't as described sadly. I don't know if it was a one off or not. Was described as an easy ride buy it clearly wasn't from the guy showing the horse. Fingers crossed you will tell us it was a one off x

Thanks. We went for a second try today. Horse seems perfect but I did some homework on them and couldn't find out much about them either as individuals or the business. Hence when I found this thread I was quite excited!
I'll let you know how we get on....all looks good so far...
Fingers crossed.