Dear Man Upstairs

Hovis_and_SidsMum

Visit site
Dear Man Upstairs

Ok. Enough all ready. I think it’s fair to say you’ve made your point and truly exposed the fact I am pants at dealing with bad weather. Seriously pack it in now. I’m sure that underneath the whole man upstairs of wrath and whatnot persona you’re a reasonable dude so I plead with you to sort the weather out for the following reasons:

1. Red noses are humorous and for a good cause one day a year for charity. I do not need to sport one for 3 months. Note also the charity ones don’t come complete with ribbons of snot so I look like I’m 3 years old again. It’s hard to blow your nose when you’re hanging on with both hands to a rampaging 16.2HH menace with frozen boy parts.

2. I only own a few pairs of sensible keep-ones-under-carriage-warm pants. This is because they’re not exactly a) flattering or b) what the other half wants to see bobbing about in front of his face at 6am. Flannette big girls pants may have worked for Bridget Jones but trust me with an arse the size of mine it makes me look like the sleepnite Hippo is wrestling with my thighs.

3. Whilst I don’t have the nicest of toes I would like to be able to feel them occasionally. It’s sort of reassuring to know they’re still there and haven’t snapped off inside my wellies after my attempts to break the 6 inch deep ice on the water trough were “assisted” by my darling Hovis. I know the fact I have a special needs horse isn’t entirely your fault but a bit of slack would be most appreciated.

4. I’d like to be able to go up the yard not wearing the entire contents of my wardrobe all at the same time and without the woolly hat. Seriously there’s no need to look for Wally I’ve found her. She's currently trying to stuff hay nets wearing three pairs of gloves and sporting escapee curls out of the side of the tea cosy on her head. I have to see this in the mirror every morning is that not punishment enough? Going to the loo takes an hour to get undressed and trust me the cold and my advancing old age means sometimes that can be a rather stressful prospect.

5. I’d like to be able to bath my horse without turning him into a half tonne ice sculpture sometime before he turns 15. He’s so greasy I could lubricate half the farm machinery with the contents of his mane. What little there is left of it. Due to him having to wear a neck piece all winter he currently looks like a follicley challenged rock hopper penguin with mange and don’t get me started on his tail; if his bum wasn’t so big you could shove him up chimneys and use him as a sweep.

6. Whilst in the summer a light breeze is most appreciated, sending gales alongside the arctic blizzards is not funny. Firstly in order to function breathing is quite important so winds that literally take said breath away are not helpful. Nor is it pleasant when you end up wearing a snot moustache at the age of 36 (see comment 1). Since I own a large fairy of a horse the lovely rug lifting, tail flapping, mane dishevelling ice cold wind you so thoughtfully have provided us with tends to produce a sudden desire to engage his inner race horse. Which is lovely. But not when I’m on the end of the lead rope. If I wanted to be a snow clearer I would have applied to the council – at least they expect you to use a snow plough rather than your snot encrusted face.

7. Snow is pretty. We all wish for it at Christmas. It looks pretty on Christmas cards and makes us feel festive. I hate to break it to you but this doesn’t quite work the same for Easter. I want fluffy bunnies, little chicks, chocolate eggs and that yellow ball thing that I vaguely remember being in the sky. You remember it? Provides heat and helps the green stuff our horses need to eat to grow? Stops me having to keep feeding copious amounts of hay and thus running up an overdraft larger than some third world countries national debt? I’m sure you do if you put your mind to it.

8. I’ve just had a baby. Finding time to ride my horse is hard enough as it is thus a) he’s a bit feisty and b) I’m not that fit. So whereas I appreciate watching me try to sit to The Destroyer half passing down the school at working gallop whilst attempting to see through a wall of incoming sleet might be highly amusing to you, I must have had a sense of humour bypass as well as a C-section because I’m not finding it funny.

So please cut us all some slack, get rid of the snow / hail/ ice / sub zero conditions and dig that lovely yellow ball in the sky out of storage would you? Get that lovely green stuff to get off its bottom and start growing and perhaps think about not sending driving wind and rain as an alternative? I know us horse owners are all a bit nuts but even nutters deserve a break sometimes? Pretty please?

Yours Chilblained of Lincolnshire

Polos Mum

Visit site
Please can I add my name to this petition
Love
Very frozen of Lincolnshire

I thought we'd turned a corner yesterday as I think I saw the big yellow thing through my squinting eyes (keeping wind out!) - but I was wrong as snowing again this morning!!

MrsMozart

Just passing through...
Visit site
You bat HaSM!!!

I have just snorted lunch all over my laptop, my other laptop, my colleagues' laptops (all six of them) and into my mug of tea.

I have tears streaming down my face and even the grot bag in the corner looks mildly concerned at the sounds of stifled mirth that I'm obviously failing miserably to be stifling :eek::eek::eek::rolleyes::p

But seriously folks, I concur :cool:

suffolkmare

Visit site
Well I can't drive or visit my boy let alone ride due to antibiotics/nasty pneumonia, but that certainly cheered me up...laughing that much just hurts a bit:eek:

3OldPonies

Visit site
Absolutely brilliant. The rest of the office are wondering what I'm laughing at :D

Other half would be totally in agreement about the big pants thing - he never stops taking the mick out of my larger than life bum warming undies.

Merrymoles

Visit site
Who'da thought it! HaSmum is as funny as Hovis! Must be where he gets it from... or maybe vice versa.
That mane idea is a great one - give me a shout and I'll bring my boy round to lubricate the other half - his mane resembles greasy brillo pad so he'd like to help and I am sure he and Hovis would get on!

Alec Swan

Visit site
Sid'sMum,

I agree with you, and that was very funny, except that the joke's now wearing a bit thin. Whatever was green, is now brown, I see hundreds of acres of winter drilled barley which really need re-drilling, except that there will be no germination in these temperatures, I see hedges with not a shoot of green, anywhere, and I worry for our ground nesting birds. They wont sit through this.

Another plea to the geezer above, a joke's a joke, but it's wearing thin. Your fringe disciples are starting to have second thoughts. Sort it. ;)

Alec.

Dollysox

Visit site
Just brilliant. It is the one thing that has cheered me up this week. I completely recognise most of your pain - just substitute 16.3 hh of large grey elephant with only one brain cell for The Destroyer and you've summed my life up at the moment. Thank you for the laugh.

Nicnac

Visit site
Excellent as always HaSM.

XC yesterday where the sand from the nearby gallops was blowing into our eyes making horse buck and dump me; the very heavy lorry ramp was blowing up and down in the wind resulting in said horse jumping 3ft high onto it and today........ it's bl**dy snowing.

South East of England aka Siberia.

Cheiro1

Visit site
Getting some very funny looks from my colleagues who would like to know why I am snorting in the corner.....:eek:

However I whole heartedly agree!