Dear Vendor

Jane_Lou

Visit site
Friend had a horse vetted a few years back, it failed big time and my friend was heartbroken as it really was the perfect horse for her but it just had too many problems to take a chance with - it appeared re-advertised the following week with "back for sale due to complete timewasters - passed 5 stage vetting last week"

We contacted horsemart but they said there was nothing they could do about it. I still wonder if someone got suckered in by the sob story and bought it thinking it was a healthy sound horse.

AdorableAlice

Visit site
Dear Vendor,

Thank you for showing me your horse this morning, can I give a little advice..

Your horse needs to be presented in a clean stable, a fortnights worth of ***** is not pleasant for either the horse or my boots. A horse needs clean water, not the 3 inches of rank green sludge in your bucket. Your horse has a dull grey skin, he is a fully clipped TB, he is wearing a rain sheet. If you put decent rugs on him he would be the bright chestnut he is meant to be.

What a depressing morning, poor lad is a quality horse and deserves so much better.

Fjord

Visit site
My little mare was advertised as 14.2. I got her on trial and when I got her home my RI pointed out she was a bit small, we measured her at 13.3. In fairness her old owners had never measured her, they just went from her passport and she was fab so I didn't care. :)

Crosshill Pacers

Visit site
When I sold the grumpy pony back in September I was genuinely worried about how to word his temperament to handle. Having worked with him every day for six months he was still as grumpy as ever (face-pulling, teeth-showing - although no biting - and fidgeting). In the end I was honest, and I described him exactly as he was, because I didn't want somebody to turn up and be put off by his attitude (especially because he was such a gentleman to ride) and subsequently accuse me of wasting their time.

The first person who came to visit him was talking about how to transport him home before they'd even arrived, and I had to say quite clearly over the phone that they needed to handle him, tack him up, ride him, wash him down etc before we discussed transport. They arrived, did all those things, he was his usual grumpy self but perfect when ridden, and despite his attitude she fell in love with him. She appreciated my honesty about his personality and did the same as me - laughed at him and said she'd work around it.

As an after note, I get regular photo and video updates and his attitude is slowly altering; I think finally stopping racing has mellowed him somewhat and he seems much happier in himself. The decision to retire him to a solely-ridden home was the right one.

Honesty from the word go is appreciated and saves a lot of people a lot of time.