Decisions! Would you drive one of these?

Weezy

Visit site
http://www.threecountieshorseboxes.co.uk/default.asp?pagesID=1

The high one! Just trying to decide whether I get a new 4x4 OR a small run around and one of these types of van - I would only really ever have 1 horse to transport and so I cannot warrant having a proper lorry, but OH doesnt like me towing on the M'ways and would prefer me to get one of these - comments, feedback etc from anyone in the know please!

moodymare1987

Visit site
My friend has just got one of these, well it didnt have the big thing on top of the van but they love it, My best friends partner builds them, as well as other millions of things he does, And he doesnt charge the earth for them, But ive only heard good things about these vans, im going to share one with best friend, get the best of both then
laugh.gif

jesterfaerie

Visit site
As long as it is capable of the horses weight and has ventilation and a good strong floor then I will travel in that or anything else, which the horse is comfortable in.
But the van does sound to suit your situation Weezy, may be a very good buy!

amage

Visit site
they look cool. never seen them before. i'd love something that size but with a small overnight living too

piaffe

Visit site
Erm....... it looks awful (says she who has the most battered looking lorry)!

The only thing I can comment on is the fact they are supposed to be very, cant think of the right word, erm, "wobbly" Sorry, dumb moment.
Mine is the same. V stands very still and travels like a dream but Summer moves a lot and Im all over the road sometimes, its really scary. But then Im a wimp!

Other than that, Id go for a 3.5 over a trailer any day.

Christmas_Kate

Visit site
personally? i don't like it!
blush.gif

But I do like some of the other similar types of 'van/lorry' that are about.

Just out of interest, can you drive one of these on a car licence if you passed your test after 1997??

piaffe

Visit site
Yes you can as its a 3.5.

I agree, I think its ugly. I have seen better ones around. Anything is better than a trailer though.
wink.gif

moodymare1987

Visit site
Yeah you can katy, it isnt that type of horse box that you need to have passed the test before a certain date. I dont know what weight it is for the test to apply though,

jesterfaerie

Visit site
How long would you have to be a car driver for to be able to drive a horse in one? Sorry I am just curious as I have not yet passed my test.

I would certainly buy one! So long as it is managable to drive!

Blizzard

Visit site
It looks like a transit van with a bit of extra roof on the top.

I def think there are nicer ones around! I think it would handle like a van too, my OH has a LWB, high roof, Merc Sprinter and its always full of parcels and he gets really battered by the winds on the motorway.

Irishcobs

Visit site
Not for my cobs. Not big enough inside. They are quite short and narrow. Not sure how most horses would cope in it.
Worth a look though. They are supposed to be just like vans to drive.

not_with_it

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
If anyone wants to show me a prettier one that will take a 16-2hh please do
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

This one
ginnymobile.jpg

but its mine
grin.gif

So easy to drive and because its low to the ground it doesnt sway in the wind. Just make sure you get one with a partition you can move about.

Macha

Visit site
My husband has the Nissan version of this van (it is identical except for the front badge) for work, it is a hightop but not as high as that and it is quite bad in the wind catches in the lorry tracks on the motorway and the gearbox frequently leaks.