Denied a rescue because I have a collie?

Slightlyconfused

Go away, I'm reading
Visit site
So am looking at getting a cavalier or cocker rescue needing a new home, would love to give an ex breeding or pup farm a loving home but the two I've contacted say that because I have a collie I won't be able to rehome because they need quiet.....my collie is a laid back as you can get and is great at nannying dogs, especially ones that are afraid of others as he just does his own thing and waits.for them to.come to him.
The cocker on the other they were fine with me having.

Can anyone recommend somewhere to look that won't discriminate against collies?

Schollym

Visit site
There are thousands of dogs looking for new homes, many people who would love a dog cannot accommodate one, so an experienced dog owner sounds like a good idea. It might be the idiosyncratic approach of that particular rehoming group. What about a greyhound they make great pets( nothing like a spaniel though!)

{97702}

Visit site
Which cavalier rescue did you contact? That is a daft attitude, cavaliers will get on with any dog and will be as active/placid as you want :)

Slightlyconfused

Go away, I'm reading
Visit site
Lévrier;13393817 said:
Which cavalier rescue did you contact? That is a daft attitude, cavaliers will get on with any dog and will be as active/placid as you want :)

A local one in beds/bucks and then many tears rescue.

I know which is why we want one and thought giving a ex pup farm or breeding on a home was a.good idea.

{97702}

Visit site
A local one in beds/bucks and then many tears rescue.

I know which is why we want one and thought giving a ex pup farm or breeding on a home was a.good idea.

Oh dear..... please don't be put off, there are many more well 'rounded' rescues who would love you to have a cavalier :) Although they are not my personal choice I do love them as dogs, they will be whatever you want.... ask Cayla on here, her Pancake is fab :) :)

zoelouisem

Visit site
When I was looking for another dog I was turned down by several rescues as the dog would come to work with me on a stables. One said its not the sort of life they wanted for their rescues another wouldn't as they said it wouldn't be trained straight away to not run away, well I know that!!! Another wouldn't as sometimes tAke my daughter away jumping didn't like the idea of the dog living in the horsebox!!!!
I bought a puppy in the end who's 5 now lives the life most dogs dream of miles of hacking on private property. And rarely ever gets left on his own, in which case he's so knackered he couldn't care less.

And some rescues wonder why they are full!!! I know not all are the same. But 4 rescues turned me down!!