Devastated

Esyllt

Visit site
A few hours ago, I had to say goodbye to my heart horse... She colicked so bad so fast, I was told there was no chance of saving her... My heart hurts so much, I am utterly broken...

PapaverFollis

Visit site
I'm so sorry. ? I've been there too with colic, it is awful. It gets easier with time, as much as it feels like it won't, it does. Look after yourself. X

Spottyappy

Visit site
So sorry To read this.
Colic is vile, and indescriminate.
I think far too many of us had been there, myself Included. So, be kind to yourself, and allow yourself to Grieve.

Trouper

Visit site
How devastating for you with no time to prepare yourself or even say goodbye without the drama of it all around you. I hope you have friends who can be there for you now. So sorry to read this.

ycbm

Einstein would be proud of my Insanity...
Visit site
You must still be in shock, I'm so sorry. I hope you have people you can be with today, look after yourself.

Sheep

Visit site
I am so sorry for your loss. I have been there too and know how devastating it is.
In time, the good memories of her life will start to outweigh the trauma of losing her in that way.
Take care of yourself. Big hugs xx

Esyllt

Visit site
Thank you all for your kind words. I'm so numb this morning. We rode out yesterday morning, and she was on form! 10 minutes after untacking, she was down. Vet out straight away. Seemed to be back to her normal self after treatment, then a few hours later I had to get the vet back out because she went down again and this time couldn't get back up. Going to tuck her in for the last time in a bit. The yard owners are letting me bury her in her paddock, so she doesn't have to leave her friends and her happy place x

Sheep

Visit site
Thank you all for your kind words. I'm so numb this morning. We rode out yesterday morning, and she was on form! 10 minutes after untacking, she was down. Vet out straight away. Seemed to be back to her normal self after treatment, then a few hours later I had to get the vet back out because she went down again and this time couldn't get back up. Going to tuck her in for the last time in a bit. The yard owners are letting me bury her in her paddock, so she doesn't have to leave her friends and her happy place x

Hopefully in time the memories of that last ride will bring you comfort, and the fact you were able to react super quickly to what was happening - it meant she did not suffer at all.
Lovely that you can bury her in her own paddock xx