Did you know.... one for the AAD regulars....

CAYLA

Visit site
SusieT, if you yourself had something more constructive to say to other users than 'put a muzzle on it' 'crates are cruel' or 'Cayla is an evil puppy killer', then I perhaps I would take your opinion on board :)

Ah, I could not remember for the life of me who called me a "puppy killer" thanx CC u have a smart memory there, I should have excised that with this 12 month old poodle.:rolleyes:

I think I should be "puppy killing mug" thats a true definition:rolleyes::D:p

SusieT

Visit site
:D CC-perfect example...I disagree with plenty of things said on here, and I am not afraid to say so. Others have thinner skins, and I for one am happy to stand up and give an alternative view on things-hence I believe you don't like me(oh what a shame)...
I don't think I ever tell anyone their methods are out and out wrong either, but give an alternative for an OP, from my POV.
I stand by each of those statements, I can't say I tell every poster to put a muzzle on their dog, one that I can recall for other dogs safety..
Crates can be cruel if abused and I detest the constant recommendation of them as the only way to train a pup/dog. And I do think that pts healthy pups and spending money on damaged older dogs instead with less chance of a home is unneccesary, a bit deluded and brought about by a weird thought process, it's not how I would do it. I have yet to call anyone evil, good use of words there to make me look like the 'baddie'. I am fully entitled to my opinion.
You disagree with all those... and I could elaborate on many things regarding your posts, but I'm not out to point score or try and retaliate instead of contemplating why several people are saying the same thing.

CAYLA

Visit site
Hum, if that "put to sleep of healthy pups" was aimed at me, how the heck do you know an unborn and not even yet fully developed puppy is healthy:confused:
and these "older problem dogs" are not literally in most/majority cases problems "the previous owners where just tossers":rolleyes: why should older dogs be PTS cos a human was an ******** with them yet another home can offer them exactly what they need?
I agree a crate can be abused you have a fair point, jsut like a stable, kennel, room in a home, a muzzle, halti, the list is endless, and there are other options than a crate I have given a few of them when I have been asked and it includes "space"

Poss another debate all together:D

Last edited:

CorvusCorax

Justified & Ancient
Visit site
I don't know enough about you to 'like' or 'dislike' you SusieT.

It's all about perception, which is why I wrote the comment I did - while you may perceive me to be rude and/or a bully, I perceive you to be very negative.

I do agree I was wrong to paraphrase you erroneously, for which I apologise and I appreciate you have expanded on some of your thought processes - makes it easier for us all to understand where we are all coming from.

In future, I have no issue with anything you want me to elaborate on in any of my posts, if it helps the person needing advice understand what I am trying to say, the basis of why I have given that advice, so they may either accept it or seek an alternative method in the best interests of the dog, then fine.

SusieT

Visit site
I am v. negative, and I appreciate that I come across that way particularly on forum.
Cayla-I think it is another debate, and one that whilst I am happy to have you will not like my views on as we are polar opposites on it , as previously discussed I think.
CC-I think if we agree to disagree on some issues and hope that healthy debate will give posters/their dogs as much help as between us all we can give? I often fall into the trap of waffling on and making things sound bad so I'm going to make this a short post :D

CorvusCorax

Justified & Ancient
Visit site
Sounds good to me :) I will refrain from offering glitter and cakes though :p
However I think we would need to have a proper fight for the title of "Queen of Waffle"....

Spudlet

Visit site
Sounds good to me :) I will refrain from offering glitter and cakes though :p
However I think we would need to have a proper fight for the title of "Queen of Waffle"....

Don't be ridiculous women:eek:! People could die of old age trying to read it all!:p:D

Tinkerbee

Visit site
It's not bullying IMO. I just think "we" tend to be the type not to suffer fools. And various people have v strong (and overall, correct IMO!) opinions on training, breeding (or lack thereof), rescues and feeding so any numptyish questions along those lines will be told the opinions of others, without the pussyfooting around there might be elsewhere.

Heaven forbid someone comes on saying they've just bought a huskyXakita puppy from the nice man in the free ads who said she should be feeding it lots of Chappie and that Hakuskyita pups are very rare these days so perhaps breeding a litter our 4 would boost the breed, her income and get rid of the excess energy as she is wrecking the flat and even walking her everyday doesn't help! :D

PucciNPoni

Visit site
erm, I've been harrassed in NL and other HHO forums before...but never in here! But then, I've been of a rather strong opinion myself in here, particularly when its about something that starts with an "L" and ends with an "OODLE".

kerilli

Visit site
I stray into AAD very infrequently, and have never encountered any bullying. Ditto in NL and SB. I think they're very nice playgrounds tbh. The only time I've seen posters turn on someone is when that someone is obviously doing something which will be damaging to an animal. I think we're all animal lovers first, that's why we're on here!
Tbh those who think that the kind of spats on here are real bullying must have even thinner skin than me, and I'm not tough. (I gave up on the last forum I frequented, which was a great place with some amazing, clever, funny people, because someone got especially vile on me with imho an unforgivable comment.)