DIgitalangel Support Thread

EmmaB

Visit site
So sorry to read about you ordeal with him but you absolutely did the right thing. You're very brave, sending lots of hugs, I hope you're okay xx

Fionalex

Visit site
I’m sure even though he had his problems, deep down he couldn’t have wished to be with anyone nicer than you, he went with someone who cared about him and wanted the best for him in every way, and that is important. You gave him a chance, and were there till the end to reassure him. He may not have got that with someone else. Take comfort in that. Hugs xx

3OldPonies

Visit site
Big hugs and best wishes from another who has been following the thread. You did absolutely the right thing, well done for being brave and sensible enough to do it.

Spilletta

Visit site
Another quiet follower here. So very sorry for you, and thinking of you. He was very lucky to have found you as you’ve done the best for him, hard as it is for you. Take care, and look after yourself.

YasandCrystal

Visit site
This thread just shows that care and kindness not lost in the world. All these strangers showing support and kindness is amazing. You have done right thing DA and we all thinking of you x x x

I agree and I was thinking the same. I know it is a sad thread, but everyone's undivided support is quite humbling to witness and shows how positivity can come out of a sad situation.
DA has remained very dignified and focussed and tried so hard for the horse - she has set a brilliant example of compassion x

fusspot

Visit site
Well done for being so brave and doing the right thing,he will be in a more peaceful place now and out of any pain or issues causing the problem.Take time to deal with it in your own way.A massive well done and try and get some rest yourself.

Shysmum

www.youtube.com
Run Free lovely fella.

Well done DA, that took a LOT of courage ! You have done the right thing by the poor lad, and from the lack of bleeding, I would suggest that there was something very wrong.

Thinking of you xx

Love

Visit site
Anyone can see you have done nothing but the right thing for this horse. If only everyone in the equine community was as responsible and selfless as you it would be a much better place.

Thinking off you today, I'm sure he'll be looking down on you and thanking you for setting him free x

digitalangel

Visit site
I am also just so overwhelmed at everyones support from the time i first posted until today. you are all amazing and supportive people and at a time like this i cant tell you what that means to us and our little yard.

Liveries and sharers have turned up with flowers and chocolates and the farrier is here too ( doh booked on the same day oops ) and hes awesome too. Ive put his things away and a friend did the stable for me. im OK at times then other times i just cry. I guess its normal. im not going to think about next steps yet just going to take some time to heal. and drink some JD and coke ( my fav tipple ) and raise a glass to Damien. Because at times he was sweet.

touchstone

Visit site
I am so sorry that you had to make this hard decision, but I'm pleased and relieved that you did. Damien will not suffer any more and his future would have been a difficult and dangerous one if you were to pass him on or put him through the sales as some would. He was a lucky horse in the end.

Well done DA, you've helped a horse that really needed it and I hope you can take comfort from knowing that. xx

dollyanna

Visit site
I've been following the threads but not posted until now, but I think you are an incredible person for doing this for Damien, not an easy decision and one you should never have been in the position to make, but you can sleep tonight knowing that he is safe from himself and whatever suffering was causing him to act that way. I wish more people had the guts to do what you have done. Enjoy that drink xxx

splashgirl45

Lurcher lover
Visit site
have been following this very sad thread and just want to add my best wishes to you DA as you have been very brave and done the right thing for damien...hope you soon feel better and can look forward he is pain free now...HUGS..

Jericho

Visit site
So sorry for your loss but what a brave and totally unselfish decision you made. Rip boy and sleep well DA knowing that he and others will now always be safe xx