"Discontinued" second hand stuff...what the hell..?!

honetpot

Visit site
Can someone make vintage tack fashionable, I have a pair of web canvas girths that I could sell you for a small fortune.
People will buy tat, be will not spend money on English tanned and made leather tack that will last at least a couple of lifetimes.

JulesRules

Visit site
I wanted the le mieux heritage saddle pad when it was out, but didn't get round to it. Thought I'd see if I could pick one up 2nd hand but decided against when I saw what they were going for.

Wonder if any if this lot are worth anything?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20201018-200931_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20201018-200931_Gallery.jpg
    734.7 KB · Views: 35

Littlewills

Visit site
I wanted the le mieux heritage saddle pad when it was out, but didn't get round to it. Thought I'd see if I could pick one up 2nd hand but decided against when I saw what they were going for.

Wonder if any if this lot are worth anything?

Lime holds its value but the rest arent particularly desirable. It has to be out of stock everywhere and retired. Has to be large and ideally come with large or XL ears. Thats when things go for silly money. Otherwise it seems to be £30 to £40 for pads.

milliepops

Wears headscarf aggressively
Visit site
If the one near the top is blueberry, that gets a reasonable price too. Hard to tell in pics sometimes, corn blue looks similar but think that's next one down?

Annagain

Visit site
Do you remember Beanie Babies? The world went mad for those with some rare ones fetching 4 figures. You could even but plastic covers to protect the tags from damage. As a student 20 years ago, my sister had a plan to buy a load, hold on to them and sell them when the price rocketed. The result is a black bag full of beanie babies at my mum's house. :rolleyes:

WelshD

Visit site
I love a bit of matchy but what never ceases to amaze me is the obsession with collecting every colour then not appearing to ever use much of it! This seems to happen with lots of things nowadays - everything from smelly cleaning products to trainers - lots of things kept just to take pretty pictures of for Insta and complete the must have collection

Polos

Visit site
Yeah proper matchy matchy tends not to be cheap Secondhand as it costs so much to buy new and it’s often in limited runs so it does turn out to be quite collectible

if we are talking about the cheap rhinegold stuff then it literally sells for pennies on eBay / normal horse fb groups so if you aren’t looking for the brands and just want cheap try some of the other fb groups as there’s loads!

HufflyPuffly

Visit site
Does this mean my hoarding collection is actually an investment and could be my pension pot? :p

I have plum, raspberry, teal and blueberry Le Mieux! Plus an Anky frosted gold which I have seen make crazy money but I still like it and its a good thickness if they ever drop a touch of weight...

Odyssey

Visit site
There are obviously still plenty of people around with more money than sense, if they're prepared to pay extortionate prices for well used second hand matchiness! ?