DIY Livery - How much do you pay?

Halfstep

Visit site
I pay £145 per month, which is pretty much standard around my area for comparable facilities. for that I get:
Hay (not very good quality and I do have to buy in haylage to supplement it).
Straw (which I don't use as horse eats it - I buy in shavings). Floodlit menage (with a v.good surface - the best thing about the yard).
Big field to share with one other horse, all year round turnout; I poo pick and ragwort pick. Fencing half post and rail, half electric.
Sort-of-ok hacking.....
Free lorry parking.
Horse walker and solarium in the process of being installed - they will be pay as you go.
Ordinary stable with nice windows in the back, and a rug rail which I can't use as horse pulls rugs down.
Very good sized shared tackroom and loft area for storage.
Common room with fridge, microwave, and tea/coffee/toilet facilities included (they are talking about a shower, but not sure I'd use it).
One very fat yard cat
cool.gif

Dogbetty141

Visit site
I pay £15 a week and get use of sand menage summer turn out in at night and a bit of winter turnout not much once a week if that for an 1hr.

have to pay for shaving and food ontop of that but my monthly bill is never more than 170

Stasha22

Visit site
Blimey, I think mine is expensive! I pay £40 a week and that does not include anything other than use of indoor school and fields.

You lot are lucky!

Tempi

Visit site
was that me you were asking?
crazy.gif

if so like i wrote haylage is included. mine are on shavings which i have to buy in myself and if i brought straw from my YO its 50p per large section (we have the big bales).

sherwood'

Visit site
100 p month which includes turnout everyday done by them, changing of rugs, use of floodlit 50 x 80 menage, fab stable with drinker, fed morning, excellent hacking and beach and fed night and morning feed and hay! Its fantastic. Also i dont think you can put a price on a good livery yard so if you r happy i would stay put!

wizzi901

www.pony4u.co.uk
£25 a week DIY with all year turnout and stable.
£4.50 bale of hay £6.00 bale of shavings

If we need turnout/bring in/feed etc, its all between £1.00 - £3.00 and very flexible.

Brand new school and stables, and just having a special block of three built for my lot!!

Lorry/Trailer parking £15 a month I think.

spooks

Visit site
i pay £160 per month for 2 horses, plenty of good grazing, horses still out 24/7 ( last year they stayed out until new years eve ) menage which isnt big enough for the boy to canter in and it has a type of woodchip surface and is floodlit.we can ride in one of the fields though as long as we dont go mad. stables have rubber matting . i buy all hay /shavings/ feed on top.. excellant hacking with about 100 m of busy main road to get to it, although you can get straight on to it from the boys field. mares and geldings are kept seperate on our yard.

MillionDollar

Visit site
TBH i think thats quite reasonable especially if it includes bedding and hay! Around here a livery yards charges £25 and thats just for a stable and turnout- no facilities! At the college its like £45 a week! I'm thinking of charging £30-£35 per week.

Henmen

Visit site
£130 a month for box & all year turnout. Shavings and hay are extra. Whilst its expensive, i absolutly love it and is worth every penny, only been there 4 days, and it feels like i always been there, everyone is so nice
smile.gif

Chex

Visit site
I pay £27 per week in winter including all haylage and straw, stable and field. And £15 in summer just for the field. School being built and good hacking and turnout.

Binky44

Visit site
It's amazing how much it varies, but then facilities count for alot. (Wish we had some).

We are at a private yard. The YO is about 500 years old and doesn't help at all apart from perving at us in the summer!! I pay £20 per week and get a leaky stable and good grazing. We don't have a sand school and lucky if we get lights on in the stables to muck out. Hacking is ok. Taps are always frozen in the winter and we have to buy own hay etc. The only good thing is that it's 2 mins drive from my house so I can keep an eye on them. Only 5 horses in total, 1 being mine and 1 my sisters.

SouthWestWhippet

Visit site
I pay 20 per week for stable and grazing (no grazing in winter though). This includes use of schools (indoor and outdoor), use of jumps and there is a small XC course on site although it wasn't in use this year. Also parking for lorry/trailer.

In winter I also pay around 20per week for straw and haylage so it works out as 40 per week in Winter and 20 per week in Summer.

Considering the amount of competitions etc held on the yard and other stuff going on on the doorstep I don't think this is a bad deal. The hacking is alright as well, lots of hill work although mostly roads
frown.gif
The stables are huge and the YO very helpful.

MrsMagoo

Visit site
I pay £125 per horse a month, this includes brand new 12 x 12 stables, large barn and nice tackroom, use of outdoor rubber manege and individual turnout....not much included but its a lovely yard....:)

claire1976

Visit site
I used to pay £20 per week for barn style stabling with automatic water feeder. Haylage/Hay was £20 for large bale and £1.50 for straw. No help as it was a farm so completely DIY. Nice large school available and good hacking, secure tackroom, lorry parking and excellent year round turnout.
However, after several years on different DIY yards I decided to get my own place and now rent 2 1/2 acres for £200 per year from the council. Just putting my stables up now, got so fed up of 'stable policitics' that I now prefer my own company !!!

loopeepee

Visit site
I pay £20 per week, for DIY. Thats my box, use of the floodlit school, full course of SJs and a mini XC course. Lots of hacking on and off road and help if need be.
But then we get stuff added . .
£1 per day for the walker
£2 per day for haylege (we can provide our own, but the farm make it so its there!
So really its £41 per week when you look at it like that, and then I have to buy all feed/bedding etc.

Theresa_F

Visit site
Stabling, grazing (24 x 7 in summer and 4 days a week in winter) and use of indoor school plus lockable tack room, feed store and further individual storeage area for hay and rugs is £27.50 per week. I pay 2.50 for my trailer parking.

We purchase our own hay and feed and get shavings supplied at cost.

Livery is very reasonable, £1 to feed, turnout and bring in and give net but I pay £1 to have my horse fed in the field in the summer - they have a set daily rate. As winter livery is so cheap, I don't have any problem with the £1 to feed in summer.

Marquire

Visit site
I pay £200 per month with a 10% discount for my second horse. For this I get all hay and straw included (shavings are available at cost if you choose this).

I also have full use of all facilities including a 30x60m indoor school (rubber/sand mix), 20x60m outdoor menage (woodchip) and 25x45m outdoor jumping paddock (sand). Hot horse shower, round pen (woodchip) and all paddocks are poo hovered weekly.

I think it's good value for money.

NuttymareII

Visit site
I pay £24 per week for DIY and it's real DIY we have to do everything ourselves, feed, turnout, fill the water in the field, etc.

Stables are big brick built, grazing is now quite poor as it is not maintained, no school, so can't ride in the winter, no routine either, everyone comes down at different times to turnout and bring in, hence why I am looking for a new yard
frown.gif

tabithakat64

Visit site
We pay £20 per week, Have to maintain everything ourselves (fencing, muck heap, grazing), have a floodlit school (not all weather), Stable, excellent grazing in large fields, lots of storage and are directly next to a bridleway

josephinebutter2

Visit site
Thanks for all your responses guys - I feel all popular!!!

To be honest, I could probably get the same facilities cheeper elsewhere, but really like the people at my place (well most of them anyway). But then I think to myself - I used to like the people at other yards I have been at and I'll soon make new friends.

But you do get a good service i.e. fields well maintained, any problems sorted next day and they have been really good about my boy needing a separate paddock on his own for a while.

It's a bit weird at our place as it now has basically a full leisure complex all around us i.e. gym/swimming pool/karate/recording studios/pottery etc. etc. plus now an indian takaway!?! So we are all a little bemused that the place is becoming so much less horsey by the minute, yet we are being chared more to be there.

Looks like it is not extortionate compared to you guys tho, and have had no other suggestions for decent yards in the area so looks like I am staying put - for the minute anyway!

darksecret99

Visit site
I should not have looked at this thread - I feel ripped off now!! DIY livery over here (Guernsey!) is minimum of £50 per week and up to about £90 per week !!! And then you add on feed and bedding.... my poor bank balance!! Its more than I pay in rent for my house!!!

Emma123

Visit site
At our yard its £100pcm
Includes: Hay
24/7 turnout in summer, out in day in winter
60x40 school rubber and sand is £1 to use but always avaliable
If you go on holiday tis free for us to do them
Will feed when they are out 24/7 so don't have to come back in afternoons if they don't like

I only pay £10 a week including feed for mine and thats full livery monday to friday diy weekends cos its my aunties yard, but i do help all summer doing all the horses so evens out

equibabe20

Visit site
i pay £35 per week, we have an indoor school 40x20, an rubber outdoor 40x20 and another outdoor school which is 70x90 all floodlight, excellent turn out, 3 separate yards (2 barn styles, 1 loose boxes) off road hacking, XC course, SJ course and shows held here most weekends through the summer. And services as when needed.