DIY Livery - How much do you pay?

kerrylou123

Visit site
i pay £158 for 2 horses and a pony! But all i get is a stable (which is big and extrememly cosy) and a massive field for all year turnout for just the 3 of them! There is no school to work my horses in unfortunately, but the hacking is fantastic!
Its 1 yard split into 2 yards.... on 1 side theres my 3 stables and on the other side is 5 more stables. Another good thing about it, is that the man that owns the place does our water everyday, and fixes anything that needs fixing!

TheBlackMoth

Visit site
We pay £16 per stable per week. Then we have to buy in bedding, hay/haylege and food. We pay £1.50 per week for trailer parking and £4 a week for feeding and turnout in the morning. The girls have to muck out, prepare feeds and bring in at night. In the summer there is 24 hour turn out and in the winter - 5 days a week during the day only. There is no electricity, no toilets and only a small poorly draining sand arena.

But... as I work full time and cannot drive the girls around - it has one major advantage - which is that it is less than a mile away from home and they can cycle there when they get home from school.

Twiglet

Visit site
£100 per calendar month - stable, floodlit outdoor school, good all year grazing, superb hacking onsite and offsite, new tackroom/tea room etc.
Not the smartest yard in the world, but very cheap for the area.

allijudd

Visit site
bloody hell....have to think about putting prices up...

we charge...

£10 per week grass only
£15 per week diy stabling with straw at £1.50 and hay at£1.75
we charge for t/o and in rugging etc at £1
£40 per week part t include turnout/in mucking out and feeding
£60 per week full

we have

lots of turnout, no restrictions on when and how,
you can bed on what you want
everybody has seperate areas for feed and we have a large tackroom with kettle, microwave sofas etc etc

schooling area, and jumpcross course plus off road hacking, trips to the beach, hacks on country estate, hire of trailer.....

muffy32

Visit site
I pay £122 a month for Diy. We have a horse walker, a round pen, a school and 3 miles off road hacking. The hay is £3.50 and the straw is £2 I think ( I use shavings, £6 for a hunter bale)