Do I buy...

neddy man

Visit site
Yes buy one if you are certain that you won't shrink it in the wash like I did...They are lovely but higher maintenance.
^
Yes buy one if you are certain that you won't shrink it in the wash like I did...They are lovely but higher maintenance.
Yes the Stubben girths are great, got a wb with very sensitive skin and it has cured the problems we had, I just wash it in a bucket of hand hot soapy water 2 or 3 times till clean and rince well, i dry it layed flat on our private hedge as they stretch if hung on a line , P1 re wash yours and stretch it to it's original length and lay it flat to dry.

Meredith

riding reluctantly into the sunset
the sat-nav is wrong, go farther up the hill
Visit site
^

Yes the Stubben girths are great, got a wb with very sensitive skin and it has cured the problems we had, I just wash it in a bucket of hand hot soapy water 2 or 3 times till clean and rince well, i dry it layed flat on our private hedge as they stretch if hung on a line , P1 re wash yours and stretch it to it's original length and lay it flat to dry.

Good advice above^^^
I have used Stubben cord girths for many years.
Hot water makes them shrink.
I also rinse in a hypoallergenic ( sp? ) softener and rinse again. I think it stops the cross threads from shrinking and tightening

Reactions: Kat

Kat

Visit site
I washed mine on a wool cycle with a wool detergent in a wash bag then detangled it and dried it flat away from direct heat. It was fine, and not too much bother. I didn't wash it frequently, mainly just brushed it.

palo1

Visit site
^

Thank you - I will give that a whirl; I loved it and felt a right twit for shrinking it to pony size!!

Ceriann

Visit site
Bought techs yesterday - well ordered! I couldn’t quite grasp the price hike for the dressage ones if you want shock absorption and the safety thing when each on its own is much cheaper! Can’t wait to try them out now!

DirectorFury

Visit site
Instead of the second pair of fancy stirrups (so I don't have to keep swapping them between saddles) I have instead bought...

another dressage saddle.

This does not solve my problem, at all, and actually makes it worse as the saddle is black and allllll my existing tack is brown. And I still have the swappy stirrup problem :rolleyes:.

milliepops

Wears headscarf aggressively
Visit site
Instead of the second pair of fancy stirrups (so I don't have to keep swapping them between saddles) I have instead bought...

another dressage saddle.

This does not solve my problem, at all, and actually makes it worse as the saddle is black and allllll my existing tack is brown. And I still have the swappy stirrup problem :rolleyes:.
So now you need another horse AND some stirrups ?

ApolloStorm

Visit site
Saddler coming out this week to fit a 'grown up' saddle, do I buy a nice quality GP which will do me for everything, a really nice jump saddle which will have to do for everything (including dressage) or really splash out and buy a jump and a dressage but of slightly lower quality or second hand, I would also have to buy a short girth and obvs some dressage pads too...
Bare in mind horse in Q is a 7yo Welsh and though his current baby saddle no longer fits Im not sure how long this one will either!

DabDab

Ah mud, splendid
Visit site

another dressage saddle.

Ooo, what saddle??? ??

DirectorFury

Visit site
So now you need another horse AND some stirrups ?
I am trying, the stirrups are easier than the second horse though ?. And now I'll have to take the saddle to viewings to make sure it fits!

Ooo, what saddle??? ??
Equipe Emporio! I had a real bargain, especially considering it's a rare size, so if it doesn't fit the horse I can definitely make my money back :p.