Do I keep her? WWYD?

Pinkvboots

Visit site
I would buy her sounds like a perfect match, I think you will regret it if you dont if later down the line its not working out you can always rehome, but once she is gone you may never get her back, go for it :)

Pinkvboots

Visit site
Thanks for all your thoughts. I thought I'd wake up with a clearer mind but I'm even more undecided!!! I really like her but I want to do what is best for her and I'm not 100% sure what IS best for her right now.

Booboos- The horses are at home and I do have help with childcare etc. Facilities wise we have a small indoor and fields. Roads quite busy but we can box to places and bridleways are only a short drive. Yes I did have an accident handling the other day (with the oldest and smallest one of the lot - typical!) and so I am being very cautious at the moment. I'm not handling in any open spaces etc so if I need to let go there is no risk to the horse getting on a road etc.

I'm eering on the side of buying her and then say a month or two after the baby is born make a long term decision for her. At least then I won't regret passing her up? I think that's the best thing to do. They've all been living out for a few days now with ad lib hay. She seems happy with this as that's all she's had but at least now she has horse company. So I know deep down she's not 'losing out'. I might keep them living out between now and the baby (unless the weather takes a dramatic turn for the worst!!)
Just read this after I posted, this sounds like a good plan to me if they are all out its far less work and the natural living will do her the world of good, Please keep us updated with what you decide but I think you have already made up your mind.

Elsiecat

Visit site
I've just told them I'll have her.
Working on the basis that if it doesn't work out I can always sell her - whereas if I let her go now I might always wonder about her and regret it.
I've never clicked so quickly with a horse. She's very special.

kassieg

Visit site
if you can afford to keep her buy her she sounds fab & you clearly adore her already ! :)

shes only 4 it wouldn't kill her to have another year off whilst you have your baby then bring her back as a 5 year old now shes had the basics done they don't forget as easy as people seem to think

Vickijay

Visit site
I'm glad to read that you're having her. I couldn't cope with a horse that I really liked going to the sales. Congratulations & pics please :)

Elsiecat

Visit site
Thanks everyone :)
Here is 'Sissy'
image.jpg

Still needs a lot of grooming but we're working on standing still and being patient at the moment - coming along slowly but surely :)

splashgirl45

Lurcher lover
Visit site
nice looking girl, would be interested to know her breeding.....have fun with her, but remember your condition and be very careful...it wont hurt her to wait a little longer to be educated, so be safe!!

cambrica

Visit site
Aaarrggh- just reading through your thread - Will she? Won't she? Ha ha!
Congratulations! I am so pleased for you x and she looks lovely!
I had similar thing with my sec D gelding. I was only browsing, saw a photo of him and instantly knew he was going to be mine! Not a case of heart over ruling head but a deep down gut feeling. He is 5 and I've had him two years. Exactly the same temperament as yours, calling for me and watching every move I make. Backing him and his schooling has been a dream, although he's a bit lazy and laid back he is also super intelligent and learns very quickly.
I also have 3 children and cope well but am lucky to have a lot of back up help with my mum and OH. Luckily the kids are pretty free-range and love being at the yard!

Umbongo

Visit site
Ahh lovely thread! I was going to say that I had a special bond with a mare 5 or 6 years ago. I couldn't take her on at the time and I still regret it now.

She is gorgeous! !

Elsiecat

Visit site
Thank you :)

Shes by Mabnesscliffe Buzz and out of Mabnesscliffe Ruth.
We have Nebo Black Magic and Bronfoel Harri etc in there. She's got some really nice relations!