Do I look too big on him? tb?

ImmyS

Visit site
I have the opportunity of loaning a friends horse.
After having cobs for the last 7 years I never thought I'd take to an ex racer!
I'm hooked! oopsie.
How do I look? I Am an obsessed about looking too big on him?
http://s966.photobucket.com/user/k8knights/library/Mobile Uploads

The lady who recently bought my ex racer was a tall lady - about 5ft 10 and 13 stone. My girl is about 16.2/3 and although not a fine thoroughbred she's not chunky either. I thought she might have looked big on her but they look awesome together and Celine never looked so happy with her rider. You two look great together, have fun and enjoy the many joys of exracers - they're very special! :)

LEC

Opinions are like bum holes, everyone has one.
www.youtube.com
I would say that you could afford to lose some weight and the overall picture will be much better. I could sugar coat it for you but I believe its our responsibility as riders to be fit and as light as we can healthily be. I say this as someone who weighs 12 stone and is 5'9 and lives watching their weight and still easily has another half stone to shift.

shannonandtay

Visit site
I think it's hard to tell from a photo, I recently had some photos taken while I was trail riding in America. I was mortified when I saw the pics as I looked huge in them and the one from the back oh my god my bottom looked massive! But I'm 5ft 8/9 and 10 stone so not overweight for my height. I think op looks fine in the pic she posted.

cobgoblin

Bugrit! Millennium hand and shrimp.
Visit site
You look absolutely fine (and you don't look fat either).perhaps you're just missing the width of a cob!

Vixmyster

New User
Visit site
You look fine hun, he looks very nice indeed. I'm like that with TB's, feel like there's nothing in between my legs, especially when your used to cobs. If your happy then go for it :)

Daytona

Visit site
You look normal size on him. I think we have forgotten what a good sized rider looks on a horse as people obsess with having huge horses when really maybe size wise they suit something smaller. To me that's a correct match with regards to height/weight v horse size

xDundryx

Visit site
I personally say that was a bit rude from LEC i don't think it is anyones place to pass comment on anothers weight. He looks lovely OP. Edited..to make the point that the question was 'do I look too big on him' not 'what do you think of my weight'

Last edited:

TrasaM

Visit site
You look absolutely fine on him. :) nice horse and aren't TBs fun :) he probably feels smaller to you because he's not as chunky as you're used to. I was really surprised recently when I compared pics of me on a 17hh slim built IDx compared with me on a medium weight cob type who is 15.3hh. I looked smaller on the shorter horse because of the depth of his body. I looked more in balance size wise on the big un.

Prince33Sp4rkle

Visit site
OP asked if she looks too big! She must want honest answers. It would be rude to say " fat biff, get off that horse" but LEC has very politely said the pic would be better if the rider was slimmer, which is true (OP I'm not saying you are a fat biff btw and neither was LEC, I don't think, just using it as an example of rudeness).

Spent all day yesterday at the ROR dressage champs, horses from 15hh to 17.3hh chaser types. Riders make and female, and those that were far too big weight wise did totally spoil the pic no matter how nicely the horses went.
Tb's are slim and light, even the heavier models are LW horses, larger riders do look mismatched on them.

No doubt that won't be popular reading, but there you go.
I think the OP is fine weight wise, the horse won't struggle at all, but the pic would be more elegant if the rider was able to tone up a little.

Wolves

Visit site
OP asked if she looks too big! She must want honest answers. It would be rude to say " fat biff, get off that horse" but LEC has very politely said the pic would be better if the rider was slimmer, which is true (OP I'm not saying you are a fat biff btw and neither was LEC, I don't think, just using it as an example of rudeness).

Spent all day yesterday at the ROR dressage champs, horses from 15hh to 17.3hh chaser types. Riders make and female, and those that were far too big weight wise did totally spoil the pic no matter how nicely the horses went.
Tb's are slim and light, even the heavier models are LW horses, larger riders do look mismatched on them.

No doubt that won't be popular reading, but there you go.
I think the OP is fine weight wise, the horse won't struggle at all, but the pic would be more elegant if the rider was able to tone up a little.

I agree with this.

AnotherNewbie

Visit site
Sorry really didn't want to comment on this...but the quote "but the pic would be more elegant if the rider was able to tone up a little" has really made me chuckle. You must have looked at a different picture to me...I saw a lovely photo of a nice looking girl on a nice looking horse, not a fat naked person showing off her wobbly bits! And yes I can comment...i'm far too big to contemplate sitting on any horse and I know it!

Prince33Sp4rkle

Visit site
Sorry really didn't want to comment on this...but the quote "but the pic would be more elegant if the rider was able to tone up a little" has really made me chuckle. You must have looked at a different picture to me...I saw a lovely photo of a nice looking girl on a nice looking horse, not a fat naked person showing off her wobbly bits! And yes I can comment...i'm far too big to contemplate sitting on any horse and I know it!

Just to clarify, horse and rider look fine but rider is clearly carrying excess weight on her lower half and the pic would look better if that were toned up and slimmed down.....is what I meant.

Clodagh

Visit site
I would say that you could afford to lose some weight and the overall picture will be much better. I could sugar coat it for you but I believe its our responsibility as riders to be fit and as light as we can healthily be. I say this as someone who weighs 12 stone and is 5'9 and lives watching their weight and still easily has another half stone to shift.

If you are 12 stone and 5'9 I;m sorry but you are fatter than than the OP - I bet she doesn't weigh anything like that! She looks great, not fat at all. I find the people who say she is are barking, tbh.
OP - you look fab on him. Have fun.

Buds_mum

Visit site
Seriously doubt I will ever post another pic on this forum if a 10st rider who looks fab on a fab horse is told she is 'carrying excess weight'. God some of you come across as extremely judgmental.
Op I think you look great.

Buds_mum

Visit site
Btw you can be perfectly normal and healthy yet carry weight on your thighs (not u btw op) we are not all size 8!

3Beasties

Visit site
Seriously doubt I will ever post another pic on this forum if a 10st rider who looks fab on a fab horse is told she is 'carrying excess weight'. God some of you come across as extremely judgmental.
Op I think you look great.

This :eek:

Seriously Kate, you look absolutely fine!