Do I look too big on him? tb?

Prince33Sp4rkle

Visit site
If you are 12 stone and 5'9 I;m sorry but you are fatter than than the OP - I bet she doesn't weigh anything like that! She looks great, not fat at all. I find the people who say she is are barking, tbh.
OP - you look fab on him. Have fun.

But what sort of horse does LEC ride? ( I genuinely don't know) this question was related to how the rider looks on this horse not her weight in general. If same rider had posed on a MW Irish or warmblood sort I wouldn't have mentioned weight as overall pic would be more balanced and the look more pleasing IMO.

showpony

Visit site
Totally agree! Some of the replys are bonkers, i thought when i clicked link on pic i was going to see someone exceptionally overweight! op i think you look totally fine, im 5"4and one of my horses is 14.3.....jasus at 9 stone if this thread is anything to go by i need to hit the gym to make the overall picture more appealing!
Seriously doubt I will ever post another pic on this forum if a 10st rider who looks fab on a fab horse is told she is 'carrying excess weight'. God some of you come across as extremely judgmental.
Op I think you look great.

Tern

Visit site
If you are 12 stone and 5'9 I;m sorry but you are fatter than than the OP - I bet she doesn't weigh anything like that! She looks great, not fat at all. I find the people who say she is are barking, tbh.
Actually to be 12 stone at that height then that's fine.

legaldancer

Visit site
Kate, you are very brave to have posted a photo on this forum - I have said I never will!

You look great on him - ignore the rude people!

AngieandBen

Visit site
OMG I'm never posting a pic of me! I'm the same height and weight as you Kate and ride a 13hh NF pony! And what the heck does "looking elegant" got to do with anything? She's riding a horse not going to a royal wedding!

Have fun, the horse looks lovely and happy :)

BeckyC

Visit site
Tbh i dont think anyone is trying to be rude or say the girl is fat as she is not fat but she asked for opinions on how she looked on the horse and people are giving them honestly and truthfully which is what I think she wanted. Personally I think she looks just right height wise but agree with PS and LEC that the horse in question makes it look like she could be more toned.

Clodagh

Visit site
The morale of this story then is stick with cobs ; they are very slimming :D

I suspect the people who say she is fat probably are 5'0, weigh 4 stone wringing wet and ride 18hh warmblood x Shires. Still, I hope they look elegant.
I am appalled for the OP, but NEVER NEVER post a photo on here. Charlotte duJardin would be told to tone up and sit up straight.

Fellewell

Visit site
He's standing inelegantly, that's all. You need to get him standing square on concrete and lose the pink jumper ;-) Don't forget to post one of you riding next then the gloves will come off. Nice horse btw.:)

Iced_coffee

Visit site
I would say that you could afford to lose some weight and the overall picture will be much better. I could sugar coat it for you but I believe its our responsibility as riders to be fit and as light as we can healthily be. I say this as someone who weighs 12 stone and is 5'9 and lives watching their weight and still easily has another half stone to shift.

I don't agree. I have a similar tb type and I am much bigger than you. My tb is 15.3 and I'm not far off 16 stone. He copes fine.

Hedwards

Visit site
Goodness... I must seriously be squishing my TB and look very 'inelegant' then - it will be easy enough to find photos of me riding on here - and i've never had any of the kind of comments i'm seeing on this thread!

OP - you look absolutely fine! hope it works well and you have lots of fun together!

TrasaM

Visit site
{\rtf1\ansi\ansicpg1252
{\fonttbl\f0\fnil\fcharset0 Verdana;}
{\colortbl;\red255\green255\blue255;\red0\green0\blue0;\red255\green255\blue255;}
\deftab720
\pard\pardeftab720\sl300\partightenfactor0

\f0\fs22 \cf2 \cb3 \expnd0\expndtw0\kerning0
\outl0\strokewidth0 \strokec2
attachment.php
\
} attempt at bum photo

Wow..did I do it right?

Hedwards

Visit site
{\rtf1\ansi\ansicpg1252
{\fonttbl\f0\fnil\fcharset0 Verdana;}
{\colortbl;\red255\green255\blue255;\red0\green0\blue0;\red255\green255\blue255;}
\deftab720
\pard\pardeftab720\sl300\partightenfactor0

\f0\fs22 \cf2 \cb3 \expnd0\expndtw0\kerning0
\outl0\strokewidth0 \strokec2
attachment.php
\
} attempt at bum photo

Wow..did I do it right?

errr... no :)

RunToEarth

Visit site

I think that is the most rude comment on this thread, and just because you are heavy does not mean you are fat...

SatansLittleHelper

Visit site
Kate you look fine on him and FWIW I think it makes a lovely pic :)
Im a smigeon off 6ft tall and about 14st 10lbs I think. Im not exactly fat but then Im not skinny either *shrugs* the horses dont seem to mind ;)

TrasaM

Visit site
Blimey, it really is a wonder that anyone posts photos at all on here.

Oh but you can. You just need to make sure the horse has a bigger bum than you ;) please refer to badly posted photo. IDx at 17hh is guaranteed to dwarf most buttocks. Please note however he's very finely built ...or is he Lol