Do magic brushes work?

LittleGinger

Visit site
I thought they were rubbish when I bought them in summer but have to say I'm using them a lot at the moment - my horses each have one and they're much better at dandy brushes at removing mud. My ultra sensitive mare will let me use one on her face so they must be quite gentle. And I think they're machine washable?? Never tried though.

That said, I'm really not sure they do anything a good old rubber currycomb wouldn't. I suppose they're a bit more flexible so easier for getting all the mud off legs.

Reactions: JJS

pistolpete

Visit site
love mine except for when moulting as difficult to get hair out. Use it to clean hooves girths numnahs oh and the horse!

LaMooch

Visit site
Magic brush to me is no difference to a long bristled brush of the same nature without the brand name. To me nothing beats good old curry comb for a really good groom and mud remover but for a quick brush over then magic brush or something similar is just as good.

Greylegs

Visit site
I love my magic brushes. They really get the mud off my hairy boy and I just rinse them under the tap when they get dirty.

Kenzo

Visit site
They are light weight and easy to use in your hand, they seem to brush through dried on mud effortlesly, without any elbow grease or tugging of the coat , a quick tap on hard surface and the dust and grease falls out, there cheap as chips so yes, worth the money and I think every tack box should have one!
Unfortunately ....they not magic though ;)

glamourpuss

Visit site
I think they're great. I have 2 sensitive TB's who can't stand a hard dandy brush or curry comb. As I'm on Clay with an aversion to muddy horses this did pose a problem....however they are fine with a magic brush. If used in a very gentle scrubbing motion it gets even the thickest, dried mud off in seconds.

Sleipnir

Visit site
I was skeptical at first, but now I love them! I've got awooly mammoth, out at pastures 24/7, who loves nothing more than caking himself with thick mud, and this brush gets him mud-free in a matter of minutes. Also, he lets me groom all his sensitive parts with it, where other brushes are not even allowed to come near. So far - best purchase of 2013 as well!

Turks

Visit site
My boy won't tolerate anything else scrubbing his face and legs like a magic brush. I was sceptical and now I should be on commission:)

Shay

Visit site
Me too - thought they were a complete waste of time until I tried one. We can groom even the most sensitive bits of the mad appaloosa and get the mud off hairy cob. You can use it on wet mud if you have too because it just washes off. I've even used it to get dried mud off a hunt coat. They are not the same as a bristle brush or a rubber curry.

Fjord

Visit site
I think they are excellent. My mare likes to rub her face in the clay mud but doesn't like having round her ears brushed, however she'll let me scrub with a magic brush and seems to enjoy it. It's also really useful for scrubbing mud off saddle cloths and jackets too.

ameeyal

Visit site
Ive never heard of them, so ive just googled them.
I have a very hairy pony that lives out without a rug, and brushing him for a hack is a nightmare, so having read some comments they sound ideal.

Antw23uk

Visit site
Another fan of them here, I love mine. They really come into their own this time of year with mud and its effortless. I find for nuggets of mud I just turn the brush over and use the edge to ping it off rather than grooming all the hair out around it trying to get them off, lol .. If that makes sense :p

bounce

Visit site
I wouldn't be without mine now. Its the only thing that my super sensitive pony will tolerate and he is happy for me to use this brush anywhere.
I also use mine when bathing as you can really scrub and get a good lather of shampoo with it deep into the coat. Definitely the best way of removing ingrained mud and flexible enough to use on any part of the body including cleaning hooves.

Janesomerset

Visit site
If you search for them on eBay, the sets of 3 are about the same price as Robinsons, but you get free postage. It doesn't matter which colour you use, they're all the same, but the different colours are handy if you want to use one for body, one for feet and one for saddlecloths etc. They are great mud-removers!

Last edited: