Do not buy from equestrian embrodery

First pony G

Visit site
DO NOT BUY FROM THESE PEOPLE!!! I bought a jacket for my daughter embroidered back and front spent around £70 on it. I took a lot of time measuring a jacket that was slightly to big for her and matched it to their size guide as instructed to do so. I checked it several times before buying. The jacket came and was too small. The arms and back measured around an inch smaller than what it stated for that size. Two other people measured the jacket and got the same measurements as I had. Customer service, when they eventually answered their phone was diabolical. After several conversations via telephone and email they refused to believe what I was telling them and said to send the jacket back and they would check it. Needless to say once they had the jacket they had our evidence that their sizing for the jacket they sent was incorrect. They refused to have any communication with us after that keeping the jacket and our money! Absolutely disgusting. My daughter never did get her embroidered jacket which was a present from her Grandmother. As Christmas is approaching I will make sure I repost this on all the equestrian sites I am a member of.

First pony G

Visit site
Thank you for your replies. Yes we did speak to the owner of the company it seemed like it was run as a family business. We told them that we would take if to trading standards. Stupid us when they asked to see the jacket we sent it to them as they seemed genuine. After that they shunned us. Concerning the measurements the jacket was a whole cuff size shorter than the one I measured which is probably more than an inch. the whole size of the jacked changes including the width as you will realise when trying on any top or jacket.of different sizes : )

Lynn11

Visit site
I ordered a few products from these last year including saddlecloths and jackets. I ordered them at the end of november and I was very impressed with the quality of the products and the quickess of delivery especially being around Christmas time. I would have no doubt in ordering from these again :)

Sorry to hear about your bad experience but I just thought id let everyone know that not everyones had a bad experience with them.

First pony G

Visit site
Yes im sure like yourself there are happy customers. However, I do not think its worth the risk of losing everything. Im sure there are many more deserving companies which will deliver what they gave promised!

MiJodsR2BlinkinTite

Slopping along on a loose rein somewhere in Devon
Visit site
Um, may seem a silly question....... but how did you pay for the work to be done??

If if was by Credit Card, then as long as you leave a very small amount on your card (as little as a few pence! - and don't pay off the balance entirely every month) my understanding of consumer law is that the CC company will take it up on your behalf because technically the goods don't actually belong to you, they belong to the CC company.......

Just a thought.

criso

Coming over here & taking your jobs since 1900
Visit site

First pony G

Visit site
Thank you everyone however I do not have a leg to stand on as they took the jacket back to measure it and never returned it keeping both the jacket and my money. If everyone reads their story of 'Mrs C' you will get an insight of how they treat and speak about their customers!!

Speedyfluff

Visit site
I have to admit, just reading that 'MrsC' example would have put me off ordering from them as it is highly unprofessional. All they needed to say was that the jacket sizes are slightly bigger than the actual measurements to allow for comfort and movement.

criso

Coming over here & taking your jobs since 1900
Visit site
Thank you everyone however I do not have a leg to stand on as they took the jacket back to measure it and never returned it keeping both the jacket and my money.

I wouldn't say that, you don't have automatic right of return as it is a personalised item but that doesn't mean it shouldn't be what you ordered.

Do they acknowledge having received the jacket back? If so they have to return either the jacket or your money. If they return it as is then you have your proof that it is not as ordered. If they sneakily alter it then you've got what you wanted in the first place.

Get in touch with trading standards.

mrsh2010

Visit site
I wasn't going to comment, as I have nothing to do with the firm, however I do run an embroidery company. So I can see the argument from both sides of the fence.

We ensure that all sizes are clearly marked. We have had one customer who's jacket was ordered in the wrong size and unfortunately as the jacket had been personalised with a photo of her pony is wasn't a case of being able to swop it. We had to order in another jacket and re run the order, which is all cost to us as a business. However we did out of goodwill offer the customer a discounted price as we have never had a problem with our jackets being incorrect.

It states in most embroidery company's terms that personalised items cannot be returned, as generally they are personalised. Slogan plain text embroidery would be ok to have back to re-sale.

The way in which the company is portraying themselves by not discussing the issue with the OP doesn't show them in good light

conniegirl

Visit site
I wasn't going to comment, as I have nothing to do with the firm, however I do run an embroidery company. So I can see the argument from both sides of the fence.

We ensure that all sizes are clearly marked. We have had one customer who's jacket was ordered in the wrong size and unfortunately as the jacket had been personalised with a photo of her pony is wasn't a case of being able to swop it. We had to order in another jacket and re run the order, which is all cost to us as a business. However we did out of goodwill offer the customer a discounted price as we have never had a problem with our jackets being incorrect.

It states in most embroidery company's terms that personalised items cannot be returned, as generally they are personalised. Slogan plain text embroidery would be ok to have back to re-sale.

The way in which the company is portraying themselves by not discussing the issue with the OP doesn't show them in good light

But surely if you order a set size from the measurements given on the website then it is the companies problem if the measurements on the website don't match that of the jacket and therefore they should swap it.

I once ordered a 6ft show sheet with personalised embroidery, when the rug arrived it swamped the pony, the rug had a 6ft tag on it but actually measured as a 6ft9! The Company I bought rug from took the rug back did the embroidery on a true 6ft rug which they sent to me and then took up the issue with thier supplier regarding incorrect labels/sizing in the rugs.
Thankfully the company I dealt with was professional and local!

3OldPonies

Visit site
Whilst I don't condone poor customer service etc I am puzzled that 1 inch would make the difference between fitting and not

A slightly bizarre post there molly7886 - have you tried wearing anything that is an inch too small? Bet you couldn't get it on if you tried!

Being a very amateur seamstress, I can tell you only to well that measurements are everything, even off by a small amount can make the difference between fitting or not. I had to take 1/4 of an inch off every seam once to get something to fit, and that really is a small amount.

OP - if I were you I would be having a chat to trading standards, it can't be right that they keep your money and the product!