do trail hunts routinely hunt foxes?

ihatework

Visit site
I believe it varies between hunts the extent that ‘trail hunting’ is used to cover up fox hunting.
I believe most fox hunts lay a genuine trail and most aren’t too upset if a fox distracts that trail. I believe there are a core number of hunts that are proactively still fox hunting and attempting to use the trail as a smokescreen

Goldie's mum

Visit site
are you a journalist?
Wouldn't think so - not old enough. My guess would be student looking for material for an assignment.
The whole "am not using capital letters and punctuation cos is so not cool and only for old people" thing is very generation Z, under 20 usually.

Last edited:

redrobot

Visit site
searched the hunting thread for 'trail hunting' and have now read many posts. the concensus wd seem to be that people here think there are some rogue hunts that deliberately and routinely break the law by setting out to hunt foxes, that there are other hunts which dont mind if they come across a fox and will illegally allow their hounds to chase it and there are hunts which are completely legal and which will quickly call their hounds off if they pick up a fox. although there are quite a lot of anti-hunt supporters on the forum, i expected more of a flat denial that hunts ever engage in illegal hunting. still not sure whether it is legal for trail hunts to use fox scent when setting their trail

Birker2020

Visit site
Wouldn't think so - not old enough. My guess would be student looking for material for an assignment.
The whole "am not using capital letters and punctuation cos is so not cool and only for old people" thing is very generation Z, under 20 usually.
I agree....although I do know a teacher who never used capital letters when texting or on FB. It sends me round the bend!

PurBee

Visit site
looking for a fight? that sounds very defensive and quite incorrect. i'm looking for information. you obviously know sth abt bots that i dont. i thought they were automated, not able to respond creatively. or are you just trying to demean me?
Chat GPT4 has an IQ of 155, which is just shy by 5 point of Einstein.

If you were that calibre of bot, you’d have already collated all the info to your hunting questions, and be giving us illegal hunting statistics!

As a curious human, the thread ycbm linked to, will help reveal the state of hunting.

neddy man

Visit site
I've been wondering how soon a hunting thread would appear, our local hunt has started hound exercise and a lady on the yard will be going much to the disgust of many on the yard. ( 30 on the yard 3x hunted in the golden days 2x under new system) It's all been covered before let's hope we dont get a run of these threads.

Clodagh

Visit site
I've been wondering how soon a hunting thread would appear, our local hunt has started hound exercise and a lady on the yard will be going much to the disgust of many on the yard. ( 30 on the yard 3x hunted in the golden days 2x under new system) It's all been covered before let's hope we dont get a run of these threads.
I’m absolutely not replying to this thread but I absolutely hope no one will give anyone who goes hunting a hard time at a livery yard. None of anyone else’s business.
Off to ignoring thread again 🤣