Do you give nicknames to your dogs??

{97702}

Visit site
Nobody knew the puppy's name for months because he is variously Sharkpup, Schiplet, Buglet, Doobug or The Doo.

Bigdog #1 is Daxable Noot, bigdog #2 is Big Boney Baba. Spaniels are Roscoe Cockerpants (R.C. Pants, Esq.) and Rippers or Wips.

At work we've just adopted an office canary, name of Cluster...

I still don’t know the pups real name, I just call him Baby Shark all the time 😂

{97702}

Visit site
Since we are being honest this evening.... previous dogs....

Talisker.... Tal.... Isky hound

Islay.... Liebling..... Liebells..... The Most Beautiful Greyhound in the World (even predictive text learned that one!)

Hoover.... my Hoov boy, the best boy ☺️

Flick..... ickle Flickle (she was small!).... the Small White One... Dobby the house greyhound.... the Special Needs greyhound 🙄

Stiff Knees

Visit site
Spotster Doggle used to get Ickle Chickle, but with the L pronounced as a w. The pronunciation is all important, the spelling not so much 😳

Boo is Monster quite often.

Jake is currently still Mr Farty Trumpypants (he's spoiling the ambience and no amount of scented candles are going to fix that) 💩

blackcob

🖖
Visit site
Daisy also gets called The Doo, BC 😀

Daisy-Doo at least makes sense (and is extremely cute!)

I think mine was schipperke > schipperdee > schipperdoo > schip wot do > The Doo! Or a consequence of the baby shark thing...

I still don’t know the pups real name, I just call him Baby Shark all the time 😂

See?! :p

FFAQ

Visit site
Ha ha! Love this thread! Rosie has been renamed Stinky Winky (usually shortened to winky) by my husband! I was mortified when he entered her in a dog show as Stinky Winky once!
Our dear departed Cooper (Dalmatian x collie) was known as Clearasil, super Cooper, and Dum Dum (husband again). Our dear departed Maisie (GSD) was Lazy Maisie!

DSB

Visit site
Dame Shirley Bassette...DSB and Shirl
Lucy...Lucypoosee and Lucypops
Pippi...Pippipuppi
Schnitzel von Krumm...Schnitz,Schnitty,Mr Magnolia[who has "only one boot"],as he spent many happy hours remodelling shoes.
Mickey Finn...Richard Cranium,a not over bright Bull Terrier.

Stiff Knees

Visit site
Dame Shirley Bassette...DSB and Shirl
Lucy...Lucypoosee and Lucypops
Pippi...Pippipuppi
Schnitzel von Krumm...Schnitz,Schnitty,Mr Magnolia[who has "only one boot"],as he spent many happy hours remodelling shoes.
Mickey Finn...Richard Cranium,a not over bright Bull Terrier.
There ain't nothing like a dame!😚
Richard Cranium - took a while for that one to register...D'oh, love it!

Last edited:

Clodagh

Visit site
Just thought of another. Jake gets Mr Farty Trumper when he's had pilchards for tea (he has had pilchards for tea and he's just reminded me in a not very fragrant way) 🐟😷😱

Ours had fish Friday last night (sardines) and Ffee reminded me that she can be Fee Fi Fo Fartypants.

rabatsa

Far from the madding crowd
Visit site
Skiff the border collie was allways known as skiff dog or the hairy fairy wog dog.
Bran the border collie was always branbud
Suki the border terrier was sputnik or sputty
Flitz the german shepherd was flitz bitz or the furry exocet
Zena the german shepherd is zee zee or YOUR dog
Seth greyhound is just the lazy bugger.

For some strange reason non of the others had nicknames.

dogatemysalad

Visit site
My poor dogs. Mine don't. Hooray Henry gets called Hen and Mouse gets called....Mouse. The phrase, Love you, Hen and You're so beautiful, Mouse, does get repeated endlessly each day if that counts.

Stiff Knees

Visit site
My poor dogs. Mine don't. Hooray Henry gets called Hen and Mouse gets called....Mouse. The phrase, Love you, Hen and You're so beautiful, Mouse, does get repeated endlessly each day if that counts.
I'm sorry, one of your dogs may once have eaten your salad but that's no excuse to deprive them of a proper nickname. I think we're all expecting you to come up with some today and redeem yourself!😉

HeyMich

Visit site
For some reason the horses get more nicknames than the dog does. Poor dog, deprived of affection, obviously!

Whisky (dog) - Whisky dog. Umm, that's it! I do have issues with people spelling it with an 'e'. Good Scottish Whisky, please!

Nel (horse) - Nelly, Smelly Nelly, Nelly the Elephant, Nelly Noodle, Noodlepants...

Spud (pony) - Spuddles, Spudster, Sir Spudleton, Sir Spudlington...

Missey (horse) - erm, she just gets called Missey. Poor lamb!

PapaverFollis

Visit site
I'm pretty sure my Sprollie thinks he's called "For F&cks Sake Hugo"

😂

I'm joking, Hugo Sprugo Sprollie and Pie is more usual. Hugo McDoogo. Dingbat.

Oscar Sprocker, also has names. Oscar Earnest Arbuthnot. Oscar Toska Lemon Squashka. Spatula Face.

I'm sure there are more.

The horse gets called Lady Lumpus too often for decency to be honest.

Stiff Knees

Visit site
For some reason the horses get more nicknames than the dog does. Poor dog, deprived of affection, obviously!

Whisky (dog) - Whisky dog. Umm, that's it! I do have issues with people spelling it with an 'e'. Good Scottish Whisky, please!

Nel (horse) - Nelly, Smelly Nelly, Nelly the Elephant, Nelly Noodle, Noodlepants...

Spud (pony) - Spuddles, Spudster, Sir Spudleton, Sir Spudlington...

Missey (horse) - erm, she just gets called Missey. Poor lamb!
OK, so you've made some effort but, POOR MISSEY, no nickname, shame on you! Get your thinking cap on.🤔😉

Stiff Knees

Visit site
I'm pretty sure my Sprollie thinks he's called "For F&cks Sake Hugo"

😂

I'm joking, Hugo Sprugo Sprollie and Pie is more usual. Hugo McDoogo. Dingbat.

Oscar Sprocker, also has names. Oscar Earnest Arbuthnot. Oscar Toska Lemon Squashka. Spatula Face.

I'm sure there are more.

The horse gets called Lady Lumpus too often for decency to be honest.
Good Effort, Boo thinks her name is Bl**dy Hell Boo!

Gusbear

Was Richmond, Surrey now a mountain forest in Oz.
Visit site
I’m going to regret posting this, but here goes ...
My dog is called Steve (if that isn’t bad enough). Also known as The Noodle. Also gets called: Noods, Noodie, Rudie Noodie, Oodles of Noodles. Occasionally called Dubba Da or Stevie Noo. I also find myself saying over and over “Oodles and Oodles of Stevie pot noodles” when giving him a belly rub.
I call him Stevie when he’s being playful and STEVEN! when being naughty.
And Ba Ba when I want a cuddle.
For some unknkown reason I just called him Woo Woo Noo Noo as he started howling for some attention as I was typing this.
He’s a white shepherd. Technically a German Shepherd but known as a white or a Swiss Shepherd here in Oz. So I often say to him in my best stern German accent (as best as one can with an Aussie accent)
“Are you GerMAN or are you Svisssss?”
I really do think I need to get out more!

Stiff Knees

Visit site
I’m going to regret posting this, but here goes ...
My dog is called Steve (if that isn’t bad enough). Also known as The Noodle. Also gets called: Noods, Noodie, Rudie Noodie, Oodles of Noodles. Occasionally called Dubba Da or Stevie Noo. I also find myself saying over and over “Oodles and Oodles of Stevie pot noodles” when giving him a belly rub.
I call him Stevie when he’s being playful and STEVEN! when being naughty.
And Ba Ba when I want a cuddle.
For some unknkown reason I just called him Woo Woo Noo Noo as he started howling for some attention as I was typing this.
He’s a white shepherd. Technically a German Shepherd but known as a white or a Swiss Shepherd here in Oz. So I often say to him in my best stern German accent (as best as one can with an Aussie accent)
“Are you GerMAN or are you Svisssss?”
I really do think I need to get out more!
His howling could probably be interpreted as "don't tell them my nicknames, I'm a big butch White Shepherd, don't tell the world you call me Noodle ffs" 😉

HeyMich

Visit site
OK, so you've made some effort but, POOR MISSEY, no nickname, shame on you! Get your thinking cap on.🤔😉

To be honest, Missey came to us as an old and wise mare. She demands far too much quiet respect to warrant any nickname. I can actually feel my heart rate slowing down when I'm near her, so no room whatsoever for silliness and japes. If I were to give her a nickname, she'd probably raise an eyebrow and walk off to inspect the rest of the field.

Berpisc

Visit site
Well Biscuit also goes as Biscy dog or Mr Biscuit; in his younger days he could possibly have been referred to as Biscuit you little Sh*t!! odd times. Can't think why...(he is a mixed breed terrier)
Bandit is often known as Bandy Boots and when we went to dog training the girl running it used to call him Crash Bandicoot. Cute, but I am not sure why.
Sam is frequently known as Sandwich or Sandwich Dog and sometimes Samwise. Also puffleophegus; fortunately no nickname refers to his horse poo eating habits.