Do you give nicknames to your dogs??

Stiff Knees

Visit site
Here goes, dogs and horses mixed
Sam..... Baggins
Ted... The bestest dog in the whole wide world
Monty.... Monk
Jodie... Baggy pants
Others amongst so many are Babbylugs, Bubbles and Iggle Piggle. None of which bear any relation to their real names.
Who is this TED and when did he steal the crown of bestest dog in the whole wide world from my Jakey?🤔

Meredith

riding reluctantly into the sunset
the sat-nav is wrong, go farther up the hill
Visit site
Who is this TED and when did he steal the crown of bestest dog in the whole wide world from my Jakey?🤔

Approximately 2007 It came from dog training classes. He was good but not amazing. My OH then used it in a local pantomime “The bestest Princess in the whole wide world”

Stiff Knees

Visit site
Approximately 2007 It came from dog training classes. He was good but not amazing. My OH then used it in a local pantomime “The bestest Princess in the whole wide world”
Ok, I guess Jakey is prepared to share the title, he was born in 2007 so it was clearly the year for bestest dogs.
Love Jodie's nickname btw. 😍

twiggy2

Visit site
Well the lurcher Maz is Mazzers Tazzers or Mazzle Dazzle.
The springer Murfy (it's not a typo!) is Murffles Squirffles Purifles!
The rough tough working collies are;
Sam is Sambo
Tuck is Tuckles Wuffles
Jes is Jessica Bell or Belly
Belle is Bella Boo
Reeva is Reeva Peeva Poopy Pants or Reeva Peeva Pissy Pants or Reeva Peeva Shit head

{97702}

Visit site
Oh yes - when I was at home we had dogs named ‘frog dog’ (because he would lie down like one) and The Brand New Ever Rubber Sag Dog 😄 That brings back memories - he was a CKCS with an adorable habit of rolling into his back to get fuss, he was once reserve in the Toy group at an all breeds championship show, when the judge went to look at him he rolled over into his back and the whole ringside said “ahhhhh!” in unison 😂

Stiff Knees

Visit site
Oh yes - when I was at home we had dogs named ‘frog dog’ (because he would lie down like one) and The Brand New Ever Rubber Sag Dog 😄 That brings back memories - he was a CKCS with an adorable habit of rolling into his back to get fuss, he was once reserve in the Toy group at an all breeds championship show, when the judge went to look at him he rolled over into his back and the whole ringside said “ahhhhh!” in unison 😂
Love that.😆

Fools Motto

Visit site
Lurcher is called Thistle. So, Thisilly-Dissily... or Scruffy puppy, or Brainless, or Walnut Brain, Or scrappy, or Meercat (The Meercar advert, Russian name I don't know how to spell!) Or FROG DOG (She lays like one!) Or more un printable names depending on what she has just eaten!
Spaniel - Rosie, or Rose, or Cloth ears, or The springy one, or useless (when she can't find her ball she had just dropped), or Soggy Doggy (weather/river dependant) or, something much more unprintable depending on whether or not she has poo'd in the house - AGAIN. (This is dependant on what she has eaten, not a house training issue, she is nearly 4 now)

Karran

Visit site
Mrs Spaniel is her nickname!
I hate(d) her original name that she came with so she was either Mrs Spaniel or just Mrs or puppy dog until I realised she knew her name and it had been 6 weeks without thinking up anything better. She's now too old to be Puppydog but I do still refer to her as Mrs Spaniel!

She is also a Manky Little Mongrel or Oaf if I'm feeling affectionate!

wildandwoolly

Visit site
Late to join in - only just seen this

Archie - our late-great lurcher - Arch-o-Ko, Archie-bubbles
Eric - Whippet - Erk or the Black Flash
Cracker - Whippet - Crax or Cracker Barrel
Fergus - Beddy Whip pup - Furball or Fungus

yhanni

Visit site
Ancient Rottie Billy is called Bilbo Baggins or Bill I am.

English Bull Terrier Jessie is called Mrs Miggins or Moomin (also lots of names that are not polite enough for general consumption!!)

Mastiff Percy is called Parsley -'I'm a very friendly lion . . . for those of a certain age!!

HEM

Visit site
Ralphie has a whole variety!

Ralph, Ralphosaurus rex, Ralphmas (came about his first Christmas), the sheep, Fluff ball, Fluffy, Mr Ralphfus/Ralphfus..

Mainly it is my OH trying to cause me and the dog the most amount of pain and challenging his creative outlet with the amount of spins he can put on the name Ralph! He is starting a new job at the end of next month hopefully this job will take up more of his brain power:rolleyes:

I am loving this thread though!:p

deb_l222

Visit site
Oh blimey, I've got lots :)

Button (real name)
'B' or Lady 'B'
Miss Millington
Stinky Minky
Dolly

Rufus (real name)
Dufus (obviously)
The bestest boy in the world