Do you have a horse that makes you smile?

Peregrine Falcon

Looking forward to drier days
Visit site
I have a 6yo forest bred pony that never fails to make me smile. She is so full of life and character. I took some hay to her and field mates on Saturday. She bounded over squealing and pinging off the ground like Tigger, then proceeded to paw and roll in the hay. Ate it whilst lying down, then pinged up again and bounced off to another pile.

On driving down the track today I called her and her head shot up and she had that gormless/goofy look on her face. She raced over to greet me, pinging again.

She is a real ditzy girl too but totally lovable. My boys adore her and she does them.

paddi22

Visit site
I've a similar mare and she just makes me laugh whenever I see her. She's a complete lunatic but very sweet and safe. So expressive and funny, feels like a little firecracker but would always keep you safe!

Mule

Visit site
One of mine is more like a sheepdog than a horse. He herds everything! Cats, dogs and other horses. He'll often help me catch one of the others.

He even looks sad if you tell him off. He's also ridiculously spooky. If he has a minor injury he thinks the world is about to end.

He's really affectionate too. He has lots of funny quirks. He's very entertaining:D

nikicb

www.facebook.com
All the time!!! How could you not laugh at this? It's a good job too as he was retired at 8. xx

18814181_897689690370059_4146364374240911136_n.jpg

iknowmyvalue

Visit site
Every day. He's so full of personality and does so many silly and funny things. He often ends up giving me this "mum help, I seem to have made a mistake" look as he's got himself into a sticky situation :D (getting his front legs onto physios foam block and not being able to get down, pulling his rugs down onto his head, getting his leadrope stuck on his ears...)

meleeka

Visit site
My mini shetland make me smile every day and quite often howl with laughter. He has a brilliant sense of humour and is the naughty child with my gelding and made as parents. I don’t think one of them has every actually rolled without him bounding over and using it as a good excuse to play and climb on them. Luckily they are very tolerant of the kid.

Visit site
My forest bred NF mare has adopted a wild rat. She's become a cantankerous, opinionated, fussy monster in her old age, and whenever she dislikes a treat (usually carrots or every shop bought treat EVER) it gets carefully spat out into the mud, and this rat has obviously worked out that at a certain spot in the field, at a certain time of day - it rains food!
So now it sits next to her feed bowl and waits, patiently, for her to drop its dinner. It's actually quite cute. I mean, annoying, because I have enough hungry rodents at home, but quite cute. Stupid pony's too peaceable to chase it off too, which is what gets me; 250 kg of horse defeated by 250 grams of rat. (though considering how long this has been going on it's probably more than 250 g now) :eek:
She won't let it eat the rest of the food though. That's strictly HERS and touching it risks death. :D

Last edited:

FDLady

Visit site
Almost every day. FDL is such a character but her antics aren't always the most intentional, just this morning she was tied up outside the stable snoozing while i was messing about around the yard - she'd relaxed so much as she was going she head butted the wall, shot up and then looked around to make sure no one was watching before sighing and snoozing again. Its the little things

Beth206

Visit site
Absolutely every day without fail. She is a total hindrance on the yard - stood on numerous hens feet, slips into the feed room, eats the plastic shaving bags if they are left unattended for 2 seconds and forever knocks the wheel barrow over when it's full. She is just a general oaf but has a heart of gold, follows you around like a giant dog and every time you pull up at the yard she comes hurtling down the field bucking her heart out. You can't not love her.

I think this picture just totally sums her up - little goof ball.

4jlzdv.jpg

WandaMare

Visit site
Yes I have a little irish chestnut mare, I bought her because she made me laugh when I went to view her. It wasn't the paces, conformation and all the sensible things, it was her cheeky face and happy attitude to life which clinched the deal for me. I thought if she's not rideable she can be a companion and her job will be to make me smile every day, and she does :)

SEL

Visit site
This face. Every Single Day. The gentlest horse I've ever known.

Even forgave me for sticking a needle in his bottom yesterday while he was eating breakfast. Although I'm not sure he realised it was me as I slammed it in when he was distracted by food and when he jumped and looked around suspiciously I was off adjusting rugs. Me? nope, no idea what stung your bottom.

Waited until he went back to breakfast before I finished the job.

27973060_10155137270126771_7720437558118438076_n.jpg

Laika

Visit site
He's an absolute goon - but yes I love him. Go from admiring his beauty....

To cursing myself for turning him out without a rug. "Let him out without a rug on, He'll probably quite enjoy it!" I told myself... Enjoy it he did.

Got to laugh because otherwise you cry.

Visit site
This face. Every Single Day. The gentlest horse I've ever known.

Even forgave me for sticking a needle in his bottom yesterday while he was eating breakfast. Although I'm not sure he realised it was me as I slammed it in when he was distracted by food and when he jumped and looked around suspiciously I was off adjusting rugs. Me? nope, no idea what stung your bottom.

Waited until he went back to breakfast before I finished the job.

27973060_10155137270126771_7720437558118438076_n.jpg

Oh I love your little lad. He's an absolute stunner, chunky monkey and absolute pangare perfection ������ of course if he disappears one night it'll be nothing to do with me :D

MissMoo

Visit site
Blessed with two who make me smile every time I look at them, even though one of them is intent on turning her field into plough this year! The 'who me? No, this was nothing to do with me!' look she gives me as I look at the mud bath just makes me melt.