Do you jump bareback?

Farma

Visit site
I do school bareback for my own benefit (plus horse is crooked so it helps me to feel when she is throwing me in the wrong place) but I havent tried jumping bareback since I was a kid and even if I did I doubt I would be brave enough to go over a few feet without the saddle!

jenki13

Visit site
That's great riding! Last time I rode my horse bareback I slid all over the place .. never put shiny coat stuff on the day you think of riding bareback! haha

lq22

Visit site
I've jumped upto about 2ft6 bareback but don't think the rs ponies could cope with much higher than that. It was very good for feeling what the horse was doing but I was glad to have long legs!

JessPickle

Visit site
fab video :) Yes I do, done ditches, steps up, logs, showjumps. Regularly ride bareback however now tend to put a saddlecloth and surcingle on just to avoid getting hairy.

Maddie2412

Visit site
school bareback and used to jump up to top of a barrel height but fell off ALOT those are seriously neat riders also almost all the time amazingly independent hands!! good on them!

tigerlily12345

Visit site
i used to do it i jumped my pony to about 3'3" when i was about 11 but love nor money would get me on coco bareback! would do it if i had a sane pony :D maybe not 4'6"!!!

Jake10

Visit site
I loved riding bareback in walk, canter and small jumps but I always seem to slide/bounce off in trot :eek: It didn't help that not all the RS ponies would humor me and do walk to canter and back again :)

Funkyfilly024

Visit site
That awesome ! Some intruction to get them doing that,
My sharer informs me the local riding schools dont allow bareback because of insurance :rolleyes:
I used to jump bareback as a kid in a headcollar on my dartmoor, but then I think I virtually fearless at that age and if I fell it would only be about 3ft to the floor ;)

ridersince2002

Visit site
I jump alot better bareback than i do with a saddle because my seat becomes alot deeper, but it still doesnt resemble a conventional position :rolleyes:
But jumps dont really need to be much bigger than 2 foot do they? :eek:

And when i do jump bareback i have a bridle on for emergencies, but i use a neckstring because i know if it goes wrong i am very likely to jab her in the mouth! (and it does tend to go wrong fairly regualarly :p(and yes i am saving up for some jumping lessons! haha))

OneInAMillion

Visit site
I have jumped D up to about 1m30/35 bareback. Didn't dare go any higher as it started to get out of my comfort zone and D is only 14.2 so I wouldn't want him losing confidence. I always use a headcollar as I worry about catching his mouth

Hollie15

Visit site
I love riding my mare bareback, she got broad withers so very comfy. But I find it very slidy, and bounce around in the trot a lot. Have jumped bareback but nothing too high...yet!! Need to get more used to sitting still in a trot and not sliding about so bloody much!!