Do you recognise this handsome lad?

Tern

Visit site
Bay gelding found in Strensham near Twyning, found on someone's land but they can not care for him due to having an orphaned foal, has been moved to another lady's yard who is taking care of him until the owners are found. Horse details:

Bay with four white socks and front socks going up higher at the back.
Gelding
16.0/16.1hh
Believed to be about 7/8 years old.
Breed Unknown
Been clipped very recently, possibly in last week or so.
Shod in front
Shod for about first time in 3 months recently.
Travels like a saint.
Has had a recent bridle path cut
Hogged probably over winter - is growing back.
Untrusting especially around muzzle.

2lt5z5l.jpg

29krke9.jpg

Last edited:

WelshD

Visit site
He looks well cared for - someone will obviously be missing him

Have they had him scanned for a microchip?

Goldenstar

Visit site
Omg that's someone's much loved horse by the look of him .
I hope he finds his way home has he been checked for a chip.

Tern

Visit site
I believe they haven't but are going to when vet comes to take soil samples because he has dried mud on his upper cannons and in his heels. Yeah he's a beautiful lad but they said he was abandoned but everyone agreed he may have been stolen then dumped or the more likely was that he just escaped.

poiuytrewq

Visit site
Been following this on Face book. Such a strange story! Maybe contacting a local radio station (to where he was found, not where he is!) might help?

Beausmate

Visit site
A similar thing happened local to me a few years ago. Smart looking horse appeared, just wandering down the road and was caught by a horsey local who put him into their field and set about trying to find the owner. Nothing (no big social media then). H&H mentioned him too, but no owner came forward. It was a complete mystery for a while. The horse was nice looking, well cared for and friendly and stayed with the people who had taken him in until the owner finally turned up a couple of weeks later. They'd been on holiday and the person who was supposed to be checking on him didn't, so hadn't noticed he'd escaped!
All ended well, except for maybe the horsesitter...

Tern

Visit site
A similar thing happened local to me a few years ago. Smart looking horse appeared, just wandering down the road and was caught by a horsey local who put him into their field and set about trying to find the owner. Nothing (no big social media then). H&H mentioned him too, but no owner came forward. It was a complete mystery for a while. The horse was nice looking, well cared for and friendly and stayed with the people who had taken him in until the owner finally turned up a couple of weeks later. They'd been on holiday and the person who was supposed to be checking on him didn't, so hadn't noticed he'd escaped!
All ended well, except for maybe the horsesitter...

Ah what a happy ending! :) person who has taken him in thinks he may have possibly been beaten a bit as he's so worried, jumpy and nervous and doesn't like anybody touching round his muzzle. :)

Tern

Visit site
Hiya everyone I have an update!!

Horse is microchipped but last reg owner is in N. Ireland. Nothing rug on our side of the Irish Sea. Confirmed DOB is 2001 which makes him 12 or 13 years of age.

Pigeon

Visit site
Poor soul! Someone is obviously missing him, he's a lovely chap. Strange that no-one has come forward!

Tern

Visit site
Yep! Well everything traces back to Ireland and there was sales near where he was found yesterday so they are trying to see if he was one of them not sold.

Carrots&Mints

Visit site
Bizarre! He looks a stunner! I hope he hasn't been abandoned or stole I just hope its a bizarre story!!! I've shared on my FB :)

3OldPonies

Visit site
Looks like you and the lady looking after him are on to a winner if he was abandoned after not selling. I would hope that no-one would do that, but these days you never know! Presumably you've contacted the police, I wonder what the situation is if he really has been abandoned and not absconded from new or old owners!

lurcherlu

Visit site
He's mine...... He escaped from my field in cornwall swam to Ireland and got registered and swam back.. Ill collect him soon...... He's stunning someone must be missing him x

Tern

Visit site
UPDATE!! This horses passport agency think he's dead - Passport was sent back to agency from abbatoir so either the horse didn't actually get to slaughter or the passport was used for another horse there.. Future can't be decided for him yet. DEFRA and Police need to be informed..

Merrymoles

Visit site
Perhaps the police might be able to tie into a missing horse report? However, if he was stolen he could have come from anywhere in the country and possibly been on his way to the sales. Perhaps the sales asked for a passport and when one could not be produced, he was dumped.
I think social media is probably the main way forward.
He looks lovely - hope there's a happy ending for him.
ETA I can't access the Facebook page but will share if anyone can provide another/different link.

Goldenstar

Visit site
UPDATE!! This horses passport agency think he's dead - Passport was sent back to agency from abbatoir so either the horse didn't actually get to slaughter or the passport was used for another horse there.. Future can't be decided for him yet. DEFRA and Police need to be informed..

Poor boy ,
What on earth has happened to him .
He's lucky someone lovely has taken him in .

rowan666

Visit site
Oh my how very strange! He is stunnning and clearly very well cared for. Nobody would clip and shoe a horse they were planning to abandon and if he had gone to sales with no reserve he would have been snapped up!

Why wernt the police contacted as a first port of call? Surely after ringing round locally the police would be the very next phone call!! What if his owner dosnt have fb and is on a private yard and missing him desperatly!? The first place anyone would ring if your horse has been stolen/gone missing is the police!

Actually i jst remembered he is mine, can someone drop him off at my place :D