Do you wear jodhpurs?

Hormonal Filly

Visit site
On a daily basis, just when hacking/schooling/riding at home?

I always wear jodhpurs in competition but a girl on the yard commented shes never seen me in jodhpurs. I tend to wear leggings, jeggings and sports trousers (which look similar to come jodhpurs) but I don't own any jodhpurs that aren't competition ones, cream or white. :oops:

Cortez

Tough but Fair
Visit site
Not if I can help it; hate the things. When I rode for a living I had to wear them, now it's the 'ol baggy sweatpants look - I'd rather be comfortable whilst doing all the other jobs that having a yard and land require (which take up far more time than actual riding). Easier to wash and much, much cheaper.

Slightlyconfused

Go away, I'm reading
Visit site
Mainly skinny jeans, with give not the ones you. Feel trussed up in.

I have a few pairs of jods that I feel comfy in. As my size is smaller I struggle to find ones that fit.

atropa

Visit site
More likely to wear leggings/joggers/riding tights than jodhpurs at the minute if not out competing.

sportsmansB

Visit site
I mostly only ever ride in full seat breeches - at home and at comps
I think its just habit!
I do have one pair of riding tights type things and I mostly wear them on riding hols, or occasionally if I have to go straight to pilates from riding as they can almost look appropriate (apart from the mud and hair!)

Peter7917

Visit site
same stuff I wear to the gym normally so the lycra legging things. its nice to go straight from the gym to the yard and not have to get changed

Chippers1

Visit site
Always riding tights at the moment (unless competing). Always used to wear jodphurs before riding tights were invented!

Meredith

riding reluctantly into the sunset
the sat-nav is wrong, go farther up the hill
Visit site
Pale colour jods are kept for best occasions so are quite rarely used. Dark ones, usually bought in the sales, for all other riding. I can’t wear breeches as they are always far too long.
As there is always too much length I alter my jods to have strapping under the foot. If I don’t do that I get blisters from the knee creases.
I haven’t yet found anything with short and narrow enough legs with a waist size that fits me. I alter everything to fit.
I don’t think that stretchy leggings etc, which I haven’t ridden in but wear to the gym, would be thick enough.

Pippity

Visit site
Jodhs, breeches, or riding tights. If I'm hacking, I try to wear my hi-viz riding tights. Otherwise, my current faves are a pair of purple checked jodhs I picked up from Amazon for a fiver. I hate having a seam between my legs and the saddle because it really rubs my skin. I tried riding in jeans once, and was actually bleeding by the end.

I work from home most of the time, so I'm pretty much always in either jodhs or pyjamas!

Mule

Visit site
I usually wear riding tights. I've recently taken to wearing tracksuits and wellies. I never wear jodphurs now, I don't find them comfortable.

Carlosmum

Visit site
I have aldi jods which are more like breeches as the bottom of the legs are not cuffed. Wear them for hacking/schooling etc and other times if I can get away with it they are sooo comfy. Canary, white & beiges breeches for competitions.

AFB

Visit site
I do now, I used to wear jeans all of the time but actually found I wore them out faster than full seat breeches and I like the additional security they provide.

Orchard14

Visit site
Always breeches for competition, but ever since I discovered riding tights I have been riding in them daily at home - love them! If I'm not planning on riding I'll wear a scruffy old pair of jeggings, sometimes I do end up hacking when I've planned not to so have ridden in them paired with wellies for ultra glam ;). Chaps, if you are riding in jeans please make sure they don't have zips/buckles on the back pockets and make the same mistake I did as a teenager in scratching my saddle.

criso

Coming over here & taking your jobs since 1900
Visit site
Yes Jods or Breeches as they are some of my most comfy items of clothing. Jeans are too restrictive even ones with a bit of stretch. Don't like baggy trousers like sweat pants and only use those is going to a show and need something to keep jods clean before I get there. I occasionally wear leggings if I've come straight from yoga but find then a bit thin and saddle rubs my legs and I'm not skiinny enough for these to be a good look outside a gym.

JFTDWS

Visit site
Skinny jeans - unless they're all in the wash, when I might drag out an old pair of breeches / jodhs.

I haven't even competed in breeches in a few years. I bloody love low turnout standards at things like TREC!

Annagain

Visit site
I've got a variety of jodhpurs (cheap ones from Aldi) and few pairs of riding tights/leggings that I wear when I'm riding. I'f I'm just doing jobs, especially in the week as I go straight to/from work before/after I tend to wear my work clothes with jogging bottoms and a coat over the top - although work's a bit crazy at the moment so I've been arriving late and rushing so I've done a lot in work dresses recently!