Does anyone subscribe to the David Marlin members content?

milliepops

Wears headscarf aggressively
Visit site
For the sake of eight quid I'd have just done it without admitting to it on here ? (cannot abide DM).

Let us know if it was worth it ?
starting to agree, i kind of knew the character assassination would go ahead regardless of whether anyone had subscribed hahaha
doubt I'd return to give an update tbh :p

Renvers

Visit site
Some of his stuff sounds credible and he has done a lot to promote research based thinking in the horse world. But he seems to have developed a cult of personality where he is the guru of equine research and that has put me off him .

If you are getting what you want from £8 invested in the man's website I say go for it. He does seem to get good speakers to his sessions so just mute him and listen to them!

ihatework

Visit site
Some of his stuff sounds credible and he has done a lot to promote research based thinking in the horse world. But he seems to have developed a cult of personality where he is the guru of equine research and that has put me off him .

If you are getting what you want from £8 invested in the man's website I say go for it. He does seem to get good speakers to his sessions so just mute him and listen to them!

I think this is my take on him.
He drives me mad - scientist with a way overinflated ego, not a horseman. Reminds me in a way of Gerd Herschmann.

Plenty of positive work completely undermined by ego, personality, bullshit, cult like followers

ester

Not slacking multitasking
Visit site
Oh, shame I missed the hyperkeratosis situation, but yes had previously found that he wouldn't even discuss stuff at a sensible level with actual scientists.

Interestingly people I know that were based at the AHT when he was there thought he was alright.

Interested to know how you get on with the content though MP, as I now completely ignore him I didn't know about it :)

Amirah

Visit site
I am - I have joined for a specific reason - UV mask results so waiting for those but I find the content interesting and I have asked questions which has been helpful.

Me too, but still no test results after eight masks tested over a month ago? Maybe he's making so much money from the anxiously waiting owners of uveitis sufferers (the survey was linked to on the fb eru support group) that he's in no hurry to complete it.

Reacher

Visit site
I’d love to know if he is reading this ?
I don’t do FB much so all I know about him is 3rd hand and his rare appearances on here

I'm Dun

Visit site
Oh, shame I missed the hyperkeratosis situation, but yes had previously found that he wouldn't even discuss stuff at a sensible level with actual scientists.

Interestingly people I know that were based at the AHT when he was there thought he was alright.

Interested to know how you get on with the content though MP, as I now completely ignore him I didn't know about it :)

I've always found him to be a good guy when I've enagaged with him privately. I know others who have had the same experience. Incredibly helpful and pleasant.

ycbm

Einstein would be proud of my Insanity...
Visit site
I was less polite than I should have been, in all honestly, but his physics was completely incorrect, he refused to accept it, and he was so rude on his Facebook page!

Sossigpoker

Visit site
I was less polite than I should have been, in all honestly, but his physics was completely incorrect, he refused to accept it, and he was so rude on his Facebook page!
He is so patronising and if anyone dares to even suggest an alternative view point not only does he talk down to them but refuses to even entertain the point.
The man is bloody infuriating!

Lady Jane

Visit site
I subscribe. There are some great 'speakers' and good access to data - as with everything you need to decide for yourself if the research behind any science is sufficiently validated to be credible. As you can cancel at anytime, I feel for me at the moment it is good value

Reacher

Visit site
He hasn’t been on here since YCBM and others gave him a good pasting about heat regulation back in 2018.

Yes that is the thread I remember.
At the time I did try and do the physics however you have to make assumptions which get a bit flakey. Never mind the fact it’s animal not an inanimate object. One day when I’m bored I might have another go.

Last edited:

LegOn

Visit site

This! I love the people are starting to question the old thinking of 'because we have always done it this way for centuries/feed this for centuries/ used this for centuries' attitude with horses and look to use new technology and research to update and improve our working relationships with horses and improve their quality of life. BUT absolutely he has lost the run of himself and is now not able to see enquiring questions and the want for understanding as 'dont DARE question me' which is what has put me off subscribing aswell.

He has become the antithesis of what he started out as - he started questioning the old ways when no on else would and now no one can question the new ways, its such a shame!

Ambers Echo

Visit site
He hasn’t been on here since YCBM and others gave him a good pasting about heat regulation back in 2018.

I've avoided his articles/page since then, not just because he was wrong but because he took it to his followers on FB and was very rude and adolescent about it all. I liked his myth busting on scraping horses in hot weather though. As I was the pony club mum in charge of telling everyone they would superheat their ponies if they did not scrape, and got onto trouble for refusing to teach kids nonsense, his articles provided some good backup for me.

I'd subscribe for good content though. He's arrogant but not suspect/unethical enough to make me feel that I need to boycott anything involving him.