Does anyone wear a riding skirt?

SatansLittleHelper

Visit site

PapaverFollis

Visit site
I'm not sure I could go for one with fitted horse component... The Beast is too huge for many standard things and MrT doesn't really need a full exercise sheet but would probably appreciate a little light loin cover. But I do like the Bucas thingy. I just can't see that you wouldn't end up being dragged if you came off? Am I missing something?

Barlow

Visit site
I have the Arctic one, complete with inelegant builders jacket top half as per the photo! Yes it was expensive but I’ve worn it without fail every winter for the last four years and it is still as new. I simply brush off the hay/yard dirt or hose it off if it is very grim!

ElleSkywalker

As excited as Kitty about to be a bridesmaid
Visit site
I'm struggling to understand how you think that could happen..?? ??

From the pictures it seems rug attached at front of horse, and with a strap underneath, you then sit on top of rug and pull the leg bits over and clip them to the rug at front of saddle and round your waist, therefore you are attached into the rug and if you fell off unless the clips give very quickly under pressure it seems you would be strapped in?

Might well be missing something but from the pics that's what it looks like? ?

ETA from the Amazon pics it looks like you actually pull the legs bits front to back and the clips are to roll them up out of the way but still looks like you need to attach around waist or somehow and not clear if its velcro or something very quick release?

SatansLittleHelper

Visit site
Apologies, I've just read my post back and realised I sounded a bit rude, I didn't mean to ?
I see what you are saying but it's velcro so I imagine it would be pretty safe..??

Muddywellies

Visit site
I don't like the idea of those bucas ones as it does look like you are strapped into the horse and of the worst happened and you parted company could get very tangled and messy ?
Exactly my thoughts too. Surely you'd want a clean fall rather that being tangled in a rug attached to the horse

Silver Clouds

Visit site
https://www.georgiaindublin.com/product/equestrian-riding-skirt/

I don't have the riding skirt (want one though!) but I do have the rainwrap (for yard work over my office wear) and the dublette jacket and they're really well made.

I have had the Georgia in Dublin waterproof skirt for a couple of years now and get a LOT of use out of it. I wore it riding in the rain yesterday, and unlike a canvas one it is light enough to wear in the rain year round, but does add warmth in winter as it traps the warm air from you and the horse. IRL it looks better than the pictures on the webpage; on my pony it fans out and reaches back to sit about 4ins before the top of his dock, so keeps him quite dry too. You can pull it forwards so it sits just behind the saddle though if required. The shaped front keeps the saddle fully covered too, and the fit and the fact you can slip pennies into the hem to weight it means it doesn't flap in the wind.

No, I don't own the company or know the owner, I just think it's a great piece of kit so worth recommending!

ElleSkywalker

As excited as Kitty about to be a bridesmaid
Visit site
Apologies, I've just read my post back and realised I sounded a bit rude, I didn't mean to ?
I see what you are saying but it's velcro so I imagine it would be pretty safe..??

? Don't worry I didn't take it that way ? If its velcro then I imagine it would be fairly safe then. They do look very smart and I like that they keep front of horse dry too :)

Fjord

Visit site
I have a riding skirt that I had made for me from someone advertising on FB. It's fluorescent orange so I can definitely be seen! Waterproof and fleece lined, it keeps my knees warm in the winter. Cost me £50 I think.

I want a tweed one, I'm thinking of trawling the charity shops to see if there's any large full old ladies skirts I can adapt.