Does everyone crate train??

haycroft

Visit site
com on guys,this has got out of hand
if owners choose to crate/cage their dogs thats fine if they dont thats fine whatever suits each owner and their lifestyle

i personnaly dont like dogs upstairs or sleeping in my bed/room..thats my space and my house thats just my opinion
my dogs have their own bed including a crate

as im typing have both just gone in their crate/cage..well bedded and covered just like a den..this is what works me and my dogs

Ranyhyn

Visit site
Wow and again. I think you need to have some anger management help. You are being rude right left and centre and AAD is usually such a nice place to be. Just shows how someone can spoil it for everyone.

CAYLA

Visit site
I think you need be careful in interpreting Cayla's somewhat errant grammar (*ducks* :p) because to me that reads:

"Unlike cobgirl, I would not kennel a rescue at my home. I don't take in "straightforward" cases, I take in dogs that need behavioural guidance and dogs with aggression (maybe towards other dogs), usually big [unacceptable term removed] capable of a lot of damage and to kennel them would heighten their aggression/stress, so to either leave them to run of my doggy room or crate them to keep other dogs safe (then that is what I do)."

She is explaining why she takes a different approach.

Again, with the puppies bit I interpreted it as being a totally new paragraph, nothing to do with cobgirl, just pointing out that she gets in a lot of puppies and crate training is a good solution for having them all clean and safe by the time they are rehomed.

Personally I use a crate because the alternative would be thousands of pounds worth of damage, not sure why everyone's so tetchy about it. :rolleyes:

WTF, how ******* dare you, are you some kind o********* saint, for all I know u could get someone to do all your spelling and grammar and pass it off as your own, how *****,******,******* rant rant rant, you are a disgrace, what makes u a expert in the spelling and grammar field then eh, eh, eh ?

:p

Anhow, I am trying :(, my typos are at there worst here, because I have little time to reply anyway (I should have gone for the cladding ages ago):eek: and im still here typing like speedy gonsalez (sp)

Actaully BC, I may ask you to check my posts for grammar and offensivness (sp) b4 I post in future:p

Last edited by a moderator:

Tinkerbee

Visit site
Lord above can't the crazies stay in SB and NL anymore? AAD is my safe place!

I don't crate, never entered my head to have one with Tinks and Dougal always pooped in his and either rolled in it or smeared it out through the bars. I will admit I didn't give it much time, theres only so much "dirt protest" I could deal with! :eek: :D

Dobiegirl

Visit site
Hi

Im a newby but felt compelled to write on this thread as my first post. I must admit to being a lurker and reading lots of posts on AAD and have learnt an awful lot on here and been pleasantly surprised at what a nice lot you all seem to be. But when I came on today I wasnt expecting the vitriol poured out by one member(you know who you are) what a nasty piece of work you are.

I have a lot of respect for Cayla and others who always try to help anyone who is looking for advice and this persons perceived attack by Cayla is the biggest load of rubbish I have read to date. If this person stands back and rereads what cayla wrote its impossible to take offence unless they have a hidden agenda and is looking for a fight. Also by wanting to hear from Caylas mum rather from Cayla you are deliberately negating her and that is beyond rude.

On a personal note I am retired and have 2 rescued Dobermanns 2yrs old brother and sister and live on a farm. I know its expected to put on photos but hell I havnt even sussed out how to use my digital camera.

CorvusCorax

Justified & Ancient
Visit site
Jeez...did I miss the part where someone said these evil crates were wired to the mains supply?

Some people need to chill out and untwist their knickers - horses for courses, if it works it works, opinions are just opinions, they don't hurt anyone, you need a thick skin when you're in dogs and you have to remember it's not about us, it's about those guys with the hairy ears and four legs.

CG hope you come back when you calm down. You have more in common with Cayla than you don't, if only you'd realise that :p

I hope there are dogs and owners who have found helpful info on this thread. That's what the forum is for.

Dormouse

Visit site
May I just reassure the viewers here that of course Cayla is a proper grown up (not a kid as cobgirlie seems to assume she is :confused:) and therefore does not need her mummy to come on here and protect her from the nasty people? :p

The answer is simple. If you want to crate train, do so. If you dont want to, dont. Neither method is 'right' or 'wrong' :)

And if you have an attitude problem please move to AHHO, they welcome such people there I understand :p

littlemisslauren

Visit site
Haha :p

I had to teach 'Horse behaviour and handling' to 12 firemen this morning...... IN FULL KIT!! Even the ugly ones looked fit in all their gear ;)

Last edited:

CAYLA

Visit site
Lol, it's to late, Im getting me mammy on, she is more likely to tell you all what a horrible little daughter I am.
You can all take the P out of her over the old (camel carrying a bag logo):D

I now know where CB found the it's "my mams rescue" :rolleyes: but to be honest CB you need not have looked on that rescue forum;) (but in doing so, so will have found the dogs I took on that knowone else would/could) so Im happy you took a look. I have mentioned on here 3 million times, the rescue is my mams. (nowt to hide there)

Dobiegirl (2 dobes) are you mad, and u def need to work that camera, we need pics NOW!

Alec Swan

Visit site
Lord above can't the crazies stay in SB and NL anymore? AAD is my safe place!

I don't crate, never entered my head to have one with Tinks and Dougal always pooped in his and either rolled in it or smeared it out through the bars. I will admit I didn't give it much time, theres only so much "dirt protest" I could deal with! :eek: :D

Yes, quite!! :D.

The only reason why this thread has, sadly sunk to levels of those in other sections, is because some have reacted. I've offered contentious thoughts, and been roundly ignored :eek:. That is the way to deal with those who are aggressive. :)

As C_C, I would hope CG, that when you've taken time to catch your breath, that you'll come back and join us.

If this lot can be tolerant of me, then I'm sure that they'll show you the same welcome :).

Alec.

Dobiegirl

Visit site
I realise that Dobes are not everyones cup of tea but they are brilliant dogs with a brain. Ive had 4 Dobes over the years and they are all different, my last one was my dog of a lifetime and I will never get over losing him, he was very challenging and always testing me. Training and exercise is they key for me as I finds this works.

When my daughter was young we had Lancashire Heelers but always yearned for a Dobe but thought she would never have any friends round to play because the parents would think they would get eaten. The Heelers were great and its a breed that isnt spoilt imo, they would work our cattle, hunt rats and rabbits and were good house dogs. Only drawback when they killed a rabbit they insisted on eating it(waste not want not).

The camera is on my to do list I cant even seem to take photos on my mobile Im a bit pathetic really and I suppose its a age thing Im no spring chicken.

Im glad this thread seems to have calmed down but I expect when Caylas mum comes on it will kick off again. I just think it was an over the top reaction.

I have used a crate in the past with my last dog and it worked very well its horses for courses and nothing to get worked up about.

MurphysMinder

Visit site
The thing is Alec that most people on here accept other peoples points of view, discuss and if necessary agree to disagree, for some reason CG took things said as a personal attack.
Going o/t Dobiegirl, see you had Heelers, we had one, also bought for my daughter. Although her friends parents managed to cope with their children coming to a house full of GSDs, my daughter wanted a dog she could handle herself. The heeler was a great little dog, full of character, her only issue was she frequently had a go at one of my GSDs when she was older, made life a little fraught. I do like the breed though and haven't written off the possibility of having another in the future.

stevieg

Visit site
I have never used crates myself until now but having seen them used by friends I will seriously consider it with my next puppy.

Each to his own I guess. I have lived with dogs in the house all my life but still would never presume to know everything about them. That's what I love about our animals. We are learning all the time.

CAYLA

Visit site
I realise that Dobes are not everyones cup of tea but they are brilliant dogs with a brain. Ive had 4 Dobes over the years and they are all different, my last one was my dog of a lifetime and I will never get over losing him, he was very challenging and always testing me. Training and exercise is they key for me as I finds this works.

When my daughter was young we had Lancashire Heelers but always yearned for a Dobe but thought she would never have any friends round to play because the parents would think they would get eaten. The Heelers were great and its a breed that isnt spoilt imo, they would work our cattle, hunt rats and rabbits and were good house dogs. Only drawback when they killed a rabbit they insisted on eating it(waste not want not).

The camera is on my to do list I cant even seem to take photos on my mobile Im a bit pathetic really and I suppose its a age thing Im no spring chicken.

Im glad this thread seems to have calmed down but I expect when Caylas mum comes on it will kick off again. I just think it was an over the top reaction.

I have used a crate in the past with my last dog and it worked very well its horses for courses and nothing to get worked up about.

Lol, your safe as yet, by the time me and OH got the panneling on the dog room walls and I took little lappy in for her to have a go (yes she really is that bad on a puter) it was 10.30pm and she was paggered :D

I did run the whole thing by her and after she had a good giggle, she asked the questions I asked? but obs I never got an answer (not sure if it's because I was not me mam or some other reason:confused:, re what do you do if your have a grey to cat test or a mastiff x staff thats been handed in with severe aggression? (are they placed straight in with someones/fosterers/rescue reps pets?) I suspect the answer was, they are kenneled (which of course is where I said, I don't lol, and from there it kicked off.:D
I will def try and get her on this week though, she has wanted to come here and the adne forum for a while.

It would never kick off though, I promise.