Does this horse exist

Weezy

Visit site
OK so after all goes swimmingly with Boss and I am back into jumping seriously competitively again I will be horse hunting - however, I do know exactly what I want - another Cercs, but obv I cant have him, so this is what I want from my next horse - do you reckon its poss?

1) 16-1hh to 17hh

2) More than capable of jumping 1-30m tracks (must still be eligible for NC tho)

3) Enjoys hacking

4) Will hunt happily

5) Is not overly strong

6) Is well schooled and doesnt require a dressage rider to keep on top of this

7) Good to handle

8) Is not stupidly strong

9) Gelding

10) Dark to dapple grey (there is no such thing as a bad coloured horse but I AM talking about my perfect animal here!)

So, IS it possible? A horse that will sanely hunt (dont mind high jinx) AND will keep their SJing finesse?

And go on, put a price tag on it too!

Blackhawk

sublimedesigns.moonfruit.com
Yes I think it is possible, but I wouldn't expect to find that horse quickly! Proven to jump 1-30 in competition with hunting experience and a superb attitude allround you could be looking at about £10,000. Frankly I think someone would be mad to sell that horse in the first place!
tongue.gif

S_N

Visit site
Wow - if you find him, would you give lessons on him?

I think you'd be luck to find him for £10K tbth........ Sounds like an open cheque book kind of horse.....

burtie

Visit site
TBH, I think you really need 2 horses
shocked.gif
!

Seriously though anything that is going to competitive over the level of Newcomers comes with a fairly hefty price tag anyway. And often good showjumpers don't make the best cross country horses as they are careful. But I believe Robert Smith took his top Sjumpers hunting the other winter so maybe there is hope, but you might need a lottery win!!

phoebelgrant

Visit site
erm i dont think the 0s would fight in the box for one of those lol! but yeah I think you could find one but agree your looking at easily over 10k with prices now.

Weezy

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
Wow - if you find him, would you give lessons on him?

I think you'd be luck to find him for £10K tbth........ Sounds like an open cheque book kind of horse.....

[/ QUOTE ]

Lessons - hmmmm mayyyyyyyybe! As for price tag, well, TBH if its a keeper then it doesnt matter, I have lost £12k pretty much on horses in the last 2 years
blush.gif
so better to be sure its what I want and make it a keeper!

LEC

Opinions are like bum holes, everyone has one.
Visit site
He has same sire as my horse hope my horse shows as much talent someday! I rarely see anything by Silver Owl so nice to see. I think he would make a wonderful eventer!
grin.gif

LEC

Opinions are like bum holes, everyone has one.
Visit site
What about a deposit on him? I am guessing they would have had a few phonecalls though as he jumps better than most eventers and is a lot cheaper than them. He looks priced to sell as I think he looks cheap for what he is.

Weezy

Visit site
I think he looks cheap too - my ONLY reservation about him is that he has done so much as a 5 year old, tho TBH he doesnt look like a typical TB stamp and he does appear to have enough bone to cope

But I would have him in a heartbeat!

Cant afford a deposit this side of Christmas - stupid crappy finances!

Rambo

Visit site
Yep, he exists (well, can't guaruntee the colour
tongue.gif
). He may not have a proven track record at 1.30m (you did say you still wanted him eligible for NC
wink.gif
), but I can put you in touch with someone who will find him for you and probably for no more than £10k
shocked.gif

If you'd take a chestnut who was still just in Fox's you could have Bo...he'd fit the bill in every other respect lol!

siennamum

Visit site
Apart from the colour, that's a description of Diesel Dog's horse, he is fantastically talented & straight & waaay underpriced imo.