Does this horse exist

S_N

Visit site
Urmmm Well his Dad was Topper's 1/2 brother. A shire horse, that was exported to Australia I believe (is that right Z?) and This fella, is the ONLY TBxShire, by him in the country!! UNIQUE he is
grin.gif

Zebedee

Visit site
Thanks!
He's a shire tbx. My tb mare & a shire stallion! (He's a relation of SNs Topper) He's about 17.3, but the lady riding him is only 5'3".
He's lovely to do in everyway (except mane pulling, but he new clipper sharp comb has resolved that!) I clipped him right out in the summer, & the only thing he did wrong was to put his head down a bit too low for me when I did his ears!
He was taken on a fun ride with about 50 other horses recently, & was happy to go first, last or in the middle, & didn't bother at all if he was over-taken, and of course jumped everything he met!

Zebedee

Visit site
Yes, SN is right. He is the only outcross from his sire (Trelow Father Abraham) who was indeed exported to Austrailia to improve the gene pool there.

Zebedee

Visit site
Yep - very similar!
(You only posted the photo link to show off having realised that I have to get SN to post pictures for me!)

Governor

Visit site
2rnivm8.jpg

Govvey has the scope surely?! Not quite proven, and well, erm, not for sale either...unless we're talking prizing him out of my cold dead fingers!!

Saying that he's coming to uni with me next year and I don't think we'll be far from you (warks)...maybe i'll dump him on your doorstep and take him back when you get bored and he's all nicely trained! Hehe.

Zebedee

Visit site
Don't want this to turn into the common room, but feel its only polite you wish you goodnight Weezy, SN & everyone else of course, as I am now retiring to bed!

Weezy

Visit site
Meg I would have Gov in a heartbeat - I have, as you know, coverted him from afar for years!!!!

YAY another close EWer - Charlie is coming to mine the week after next as we are off to see Razorlight together then Zutons in Nov - you can join our gigging posse!

polaris

Visit site
Apart from the last 2, Polaris was all that and more...The horse is out there! Keep looking and all the luck ever!

Tierra

dressage.wordpress.com
If you have the money to spend, you'll find something Im sure
wink.gif
Unfortunatly, when you want more ready made types it tends to come down to the cash you're willing to spend. Personally, if you have it, i would go for something with a proven record as opposed to a "with the potential to". Once you have him and are back out competing at the level you want to and having fun, then you can start thinking about the future and the "with potential to.." youngsters
wink.gif

Ive had mine for a year now but he's 100% with everything bar clipping (where he snorts alot but only really to state his disapproval), hacks alone or in company, has competed to advanced dressage but still has novice level points, has proven BSJA record to NC (but i really dont fly anymore) and has a few wins round PN eventing. He's 16.1 gelding by baron b out of a connemara mare (so pretty as hell in his head) and he's a dark fleabitten grey (despite his age.. he's 13 now which was his only drawback really. Did pass a 5* vetting. Didnt have x rays since he'd had them a few months before but his legs are clean as a whistle.). We paid a hefty price tag for him but have had no regrets whatsoever even despite the fact that we're still paying monthly repayments on the loan attached to him on top of his livery.