Dog frothing at mouth and twitching

kez81

Visit site
This certainly sounds like poisoning, its so similar to what happened to my border collie Max. We went on our usual afternoon walk through woods with him running about and sniffing everything as usual. About an hour after we got home he started whining and shaking and couldn't stop urinating. He had several seizures and I took him straight to emergency vets who said it was poisoning (most likely rat poison but it could have been anything as he didnt eat anything on our walk to my knowledge) and it would be touch and go. After three days of him yoyoing up and down I didn't feel I could let him suffer and had him pts. He was my dog of a lifetime and I miss him dearly so completely understand What you must be going through. I do so hope your dog gets better soon. Hugs to you both x

AprilsBoy

Visit site
Sorry for no replies lately. I collected her from vets friday night. Friday to Sunday she was extremely confused and unhappy, seemed like she didnt recognise the surroundings.
Monday she was back to her normal cheeky self. She has her MRI scan tomorrow so fingers crossed nothing that cant be treat. She is on pexion tablets to stop the fits but i dont know if it is the tablets or whatever happened has passed.

I am also in the middle of gradually changing her food to a more natural diet as she was on a cheap complete food and wet meat.

Fingers crossed everything is on the up for her

Maesfen

Extremely Old Nag!
photobucket.com
I'm so glad that she seems better and hope you get some answers. Like AA, I immediately thought of rat poison. Had a BT get some from an old pit on a farm we visited, the tin had corroded, and she was similar but she rippled from nose to tail; she made a full recovery but it was down to us taking her to vets as soon as.
TBH, while her systems poorly I'd continue with her old feed, something she's used to and comfortable with rather than risk upsetting her weakened system again; you can always change later when she's totally better.

nutrock

Visit site
That's brilliant news ! I too feared the worst had happened
Fingers crossed for tomorrow and hopefully she wont have any more fits X

Meems

Visit site
Oh that's better news, poor little mite, hope she continues to improve. And could we at some point have a picture please!!

Chiffy

Visit site
Really pleased to hear she is still with us and improving. I have been worried too, following the post although I hadn't commented before. Very best wishes.

AprilsBoy

Visit site
today is the day she goes for her scan. im not sure how long it will take to get an answer or diagnosis?
Shes very well in herself the tongue and tail is working full force. Something like this really makes you appreciate them a hell of a lot more. Would be lost without my Border Terrorist!

AprilsBoy

Visit site
attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

hope they work!!

Meems

Visit site
How do i post pictures?

You need to open an account with Photobucket and download your photos onto there (it's free to join). Then when your photos are on there you will see four boxes next to it; Email and IM, Direct, HTML and IMG. I think it's the IMG one you need, just copy the IMG code and open the 'insert image' box in the message box, paste the code into there and your photo should show when you press submit reply.

Does this make any sense at all???!!