Dog walking is dangerous!

Pearlsasinger

Up in the clouds
Visit site
Sis and I set off about 2.00pm to walk the dogs, by 2.10 she was taking the dogs home and I was sitting on the ground phoning for an ambulance. I slipped on the wet, cobbled, steep lane and heard the most almighty crack.

Hospital staff have been great, if very busy. I am currently in bed in a single room, with fingers crossed that I can have a theatre slot tomorrow, so that dr can take the bone fragments out of the way and pin/plate my right leg.

Neighbour and sis looked after me, tried to keep me warm, dry and entertained while waiting the hour for the ambulance to arrive and sis brought a mounting block for me to rest my leg against. She had to sit on it to stop it sliding off down the hill.

I was NOT planning on being in hospital at this time.

FinnishLapphund

There's no cow on the ice
Visit site
Ouch, sorry to hear about your accident. But smart thinking of your sister/you to use a mounting block as an aid in the situation.

Hope they can make time for you in the theatre today, fingers crossed for an uneventful, as quick as possible road to recovery.

Bellasophia

Visit site
What an awful thing to happen.I hope you get your op today and can get back home to mend as soon as possible.
If you don’t have them,amazon do aluminum crutches ,which you are going to need ASAP....all the best.

WandaMare

Visit site
Sorry to hear about your accident PaS, must have been terrible, glad you had people nearby to help you. Hope all goes well today and you heal quickly

Archangel

Visit site
No, no, a thousand times, no! What an absolutely rotten thing to happen.
I hope your surgery goes well and you are home very soon.

{97702}

Visit site
I’m so sorry to read this PaS, you poor thing! Such a good job you weren’t alone.

Fingers crossed that you can get your surgery today and start the road to recovery, you sound amazingly positive although it must have hurt dreadfully! I do hope all goes well for you today x

ycbm

Einstein would be proud of my Insanity...
Visit site
OMG PaS! I didn't expect to read that.

I hope the surgery goes well today and that you are soon back on both feet.

Clodagh

Visit site
That’s so very inconvenient! I bet the dogs were put out!
Seriously wishing you a speedy recovery. Hope all goes well today