Dogs I have met today. Who did you meet?

Cinnamontoast

Fais pas chier!
Visit site
I wanted a harness fitted for Mitch, the baby material ones go on ok but his head is too big to get them off comfortably (unlike teeny tiny Goose) He’s also been grudging at people so I took him to Pets at Home for a social. Bumped into my sharer outside, had an emotional hug, she made a calm fuss of Mitch.

A girl from the yard was working today so she fitted a harness which will expand with him and doesn’t involve ear squishing to get on. There was a Leonburger in the queue, I’ve never seen such a huge one. Mitch said hello politely but then was intimidated by it coming at him so I quickly took him off.

Next, there was a 11 month old Doberman-with cropped ears, home done, they were raggy and a stump of a tail. She was soppy and we all said hello nicely. The owner is Polish and the dog is from Ukraine-I’m nosy, I asked. She was lovely, Mitch was happy to sniff.

Then there was what I thought was a lovely scruffy terrier, it looked like Palo’s Irish terrier but was too little and had black bits. The owner told me it was a corpoo, a corgi x poodle. I wouldn’t have guessed in a million years! It looked nothing like either, super friendly and cute, a little bit too in his face for Mitch, who doesn’t think he should play fight in public-thank god.

We’d already met Luna the pointer in the park. She has taken to lying down to greet them after Bear told her off for being too in his face. Bless! You)d think after zoomies since 8am in the garden, they‘d be ready for a nap but they’re playing tug on my knee instead.

Who did you meet today?

Last edited:

Archangel

Visit site
A gorgeous lurcher puppy, 7 months old.
A collie who wasn't that friendly
A huge Pointer
A GSD who barked hello but was too busy to stop
A large black dog who was with the GSD

Lots of dogs out enjoying the beach today.

Pearlsasinger

Up in the clouds
Visit site
We met a Labrador dog, looked to be about 4 yrs old, no idea of his name or history, his owner was taking absolutely no notice of him at all. We were at a country park with our 2 x 3 yr old Lab bitches and the 8 month old pup that we look after for the friend who was also with us today. Ours were very busy playing with the balls that we took with us and didn't take much more notice of him than his owner was doing. He was quite polite and after a few moments set off to find his owner. Funnily enough, when we saw him and his owner later, they were playing with a ball and he was completely focussed on her. On the whole, most of the dogs that we see are uninterested in us/our dogs but every time we go there at least one strange dog comes to join us.

CorvusCorax

Justified & Ancient
Visit site
All shepherds.
A show dog and three working lines - the full brother of mine, a sorta relative (same great grandfather to a Czech bred female and one that's not related but should have been lol...the mother was brought to my dog but it didn't happen, so they tried her with his breeder's young dog, no relation, and that was a success.

Karran

Visit site
This morning we met a Romanian Rescue Dog
A Black Lab
A 5 month old Frenchie who was adamant he could keep up with with my two racing for a ball! ?
Golden WCS
Beagle

Just back from our evening stroll and met some regular park goers
Maisie - JR
Pascal - mini schnauzer
Freddie - shiztzu x chi
Koda and Kenei - Golden retrievers.
Molly - Westie
Elway - a proper crossbreed of unknown everything.
Pippen - A GSP
Jasper - a wirehaired vizla.

Karran

Visit site
We see Gus on our morning walks who is a smooth vizla!

He is older than Jasper but a lot more puppyish and I think Jasper is a bit chunkier/taller. Both are beautiful dogs!

SaddlePsych'D

Visit site
A very cute and totally over the top something-a-poo, that was very excited to meet me rather than Ivy. A shame for the owner as I was cleaning up after Ivy and their dog ploughed straight into the poop I was about to scoop. I enjoy having a dog who is particular about where she puts her paws (mostly, not so much when it's me who ends up walking in all the puddles and muddy bits!)

A beautiful and bouncy whippet that was sorting of pouncing at Ivy then running away to try to instigate chase I think. Ivy wasn't upset by it but was just sort of... "No...No thank you" * look away into the distance * #aloof

DirectorFury

Visit site
A young Lab that was very very upset my terrierist didn’t want to play or have more than a cursory sniff (she’s not interested in other dogs at all) - the poor sod looked genuinely heartbroken.

And a Giant Schnauzer who is the most gorgeous thing with impeccable doggy manners; both had the quickest sniff, did a quick nod, and carried on about their day.

Historically we’ve met dogs who are too pushy/rude and terrierist ends up snapping at them so she’s not normally allowed to greet other dogs at all, but the Lab was the other side of a secure gate and we’ve met the Schnauzer before so I knew he was safe.
Our usual route/time means that we never see any other dogs, which suits me!, but we left about half an hour earlier today.

palo1

Visit site
I wanted a harness fitted for Mitch, the baby material ones go on ok but his head is too big to get them off comfortably (unlike teeny tiny Goose) He’s also been grudging at people so I took him to Pets at Home for a social. Bumped into my sharer outside, had an emotional hug, she made a calm fuss of Mitch.

A girl from the yard was working today so she fitted a harness which will expand with him and doesn’t involve ear squishing to get on. There was a Leonburger in the queue, I’ve never seen such a huge one. Mitch said hello politely but then was intimidated by it coming at him so I quickly took him off.

Next, there was a 11 month old Doberman-with cropped ears, home done, they were raggy and a stump of a tail. She was soppy and we all said hello nicely. The owner is Polish and the dog is from Ukraine-I’m nosy, I asked. She was lovely, Mitch was happy to sniff.

Then there was what I thought was a lovely scruffy terrier, it looked like Palo’s Irish terrier but was too little and had black bits. The owner told me it was a corpoo, a corgi x poodle. I wouldn’t have guessed in a million years! It looked nothing like either, super friendly and cute, a little bit too in his face for Mitch, who doesn’t think he should play fight in public-thank god.

We’d already met Luna the pointer in the park. She has taken to lying down to greet them after Bear told her off for being too in his face. Bless! You)d think after zoomies since 8am in the garden, they‘d be ready for a nap but they’re playing tug on my knee instead.

Who did you meet today?

Are you suggesting my Irish terrier is scruffy?? Lol:p:p That look is VERY hard won. I met GSP x Husky today. It was rather nice but clearly a bit of 'a handful'. The owner seemed very sensible but said it's never off lead which I can understand but seemed a shame.

poiuytrewq

Visit site
Not today, a few days ago but we met a pug, a fairly old looking pug. Sat on the little lane I was walking my two rebels up. It’s a dead end and I know the few people who live down there so they were off the lead and I let them play with said pug. All lovely. Until pug decided to go back home… and took Cecil and Basil with her ?‍♀️ Little sods! I followed yelling, met the pug owners at their back door, apologised profusely, was told it’s ok pug is in season so hopefully nothing happened (really? Why is she loose off private property)
Nothing happened except I left a bag of dog poo in their garden in my haste to get the little sh**s back under control ?‍♀️
Since that day sadly Cecil has started running off. I could trust him totally when I was doing horses to hang out with me but now I can’t :(

Edited to say, I’m not letting him run off, now I know he’s doing it he either stays in the garden or on a lunge line tied up.

HashRouge

Visit site
I met a very nice pointer, who stood like a good boy while I rode past on my share horse. He was very handsome! And a yappy terrier who was a bit over-excited by share horse. When I was poo picking I also ran into our next door neighbour and her two dogs. For reasons I don't fully understand her dogs absolutely love me and go nuts when they see me, so I had to abandon poo picking for dog cuddles. One of them was lying flat on her back for belly rubs, yet still somehow wagging her tail frantically!

Clodagh

Visit site
Not today, a few days ago but we met a pug, a fairly old looking pug. Sat on the little lane I was walking my two rebels up. It’s a dead end and I know the few people who live down there so they were off the lead and I let them play with said pug. All lovely. Until pug decided to go back home… and took Cecil and Basil with her ?‍♀️ Little sods! I followed yelling, met the pug owners at their back door, apologised profusely, was told it’s ok pug is in season so hopefully nothing happened (really? Why is she loose off private property)
Nothing happened except I left a bag of dog poo in their garden in my haste to get the little sh**s back under control ?‍♀️
Since that day sadly Cecil has started running off. I could trust him totally when I was doing horses to hang out with me but now I can’t :(
Hopefully he’ll get over it when the pug doesn’t smell as good!

Cinnamontoast

Fais pas chier!
Visit site
Are you suggesting my Irish terrier is scruffy?? Lol:p:p That look is VERY hard won. I met GSP x Husky today. It was rather nice but clearly a bit of 'a handful'. The owner seemed very sensible but said it's never off lead which I can understand but seemed a shame.

Nope, I’m suggesting I’m jealous! ?

Edited to say, I’m not letting him run off, now I know he’s doing it he either stays in the garden or on a lunge line tied up.

I had to go back to basics when Zak and Bear did a runner, then one off at a time. So frustrating!

palo1

Visit site
Nope, I’m suggesting I’m jealous! ?

I had to go back to basics when Zak and Bear did a runner, then one off at a time. So frustrating!

Hahaha!! I can understand jealous of scruffiness but yeah...Irish terrier reality check; obsessed with birds in the sky (as in shouting at them, chasing them endlessly, looking for birds to shout at and chase), horribly oversensitive in the usual terrier fashion, utterly single minded in pursuit of sofa or lap related comfort, equally single minded in his desire to shred all and any post in the minute before I get to it to check it is not a huge tax rebate/unexpected legacy. And yes, knots in his beard, on his feathers and a general air of superiority that places us all under a degree of mind control. You want one really!! :) :)

poiuytrewq

Visit site
Weird, not sure what I did there!

I also today at work met my bosses mums dog, a spaniel got to a JRT
The outcome is pretty bizarre! She only had 2 puppies, they kept one and my bosses mum had the other. Super cute. Spaniel size body with little legs ? he’s bit of a dude

Cinnamontoast

Fais pas chier!
Visit site
Hahaha!! I can understand jealous of scruffiness but yeah...Irish terrier reality check; obsessed with birds in the sky (as in shouting at them, chasing them endlessly, looking for birds to shout at and chase), horribly oversensitive in the usual terrier fashion, utterly single minded in pursuit of sofa or lap related comfort, equally single minded in his desire to shred all and any post in the minute before I get to it to check it is not a huge tax rebate/unexpected legacy. And yes, knots in his beard, on his feathers and a general air of superiority that places us all under a degree of mind control. You want one really!! :):)

Sounds amazing! Zak liked to commune with birds.
1646511762798.jpeg

AShetlandBitMeOnce

Visit site
He looked like a Basset, but slightly taller and a smidge lighter. He was gorgeous ?

See, this cross could go either way. You either get the brain of the collie with a body that won't stand up to it, or you get the hardy body of the collie with a more relaxed brain - although it would still have the hound drive I suppose. Bold risk for the breeders/owners!

I saw a Boerboel on the beach, it was the most gorgeous dog in physicality and nature. I may have fallen in love ever so slightly

Last edited:

palo1

Visit site
Sounds amazing! Zak liked to commune with birds.
View attachment 88609

Yes, it is like a daily re-enactment of the Rhubarb and Custard cartoon...We had Red working our small flock of sheep a week or so ago; he was doing so well, really steady, listening to me and just gently moving them along...until...he spied a crow flying overhead and poof!!! Gone. Racing flat out up the field screaming his head off. Sheep abandoned, forgotten!! Sometimes the birds he is chasing are really quite a way away too. I have never had a dog so obsessed with his territorial airspace previously. But then...terriers, I guess. We just laugh.