Dogs I have met today. Who did you meet?

Moobli

Visit site
I met a golden retriever/German Shepherd cross. He was golden! But with the thick gsd fur! His tail wagged in my face when I scratched his bum. I don't mean to be dramatic but I'm absolutely smitten and I would die for this dog. I think he loved me back too. I asked if he could come live with me but I think his mum was also smitten so that was a no go ?
I used to train with a dog of this cross and he was utterly gorgeous. Like a huge golden retriever but with hints of GSD in look and personality. He was an absolute delight.

Pearlsasinger

Up in the clouds
Visit site
Honestly the nicest dog I've ever met I can't stop thinking about him lol ?

We regularly meet a couple with an elderly black and a brown Lab, the man covets our young black bitch and says so, every time we meet.
We didn't see them today but we did see a pair of Pomeranians, whose owners put them on their leads when they saw that ours were sitting down, waiting for them to pass. A very brief and uneventful meeting as we were going in different directions.

AmyMay

Situation normal
Visit site
I met two puppies today. One made me a bit sad. A lady I know (and who’s had dogs forever) has a four month old black labxcollie. Already using a stone shaker on it ?

And another friend who’s also a dog Walker with a lovely working lines Cocker pup (also four months old). It was like chalk and cheese. Such quiet, engaged handling. He’s just wonderful with dogs.

skinnydipper

Visit site
I met two puppies today. One made me a bit sad. A lady I know (and who’s had dogs forever) has a four month old black labxcollie. Already using a stone shaker on it ?

I see a woman walking 2 young lab pups who are wearing some sort of figure of 8 contraption. That is not training them to walk nicely on a lead. Its lazy.

Cinnamontoast

Fais pas chier!
Visit site
Today I met a young golden retriever who was ok with Mitch but on my 2/3 walks didn’t like Goose looking at his ball. The owner told me I’d have more control with a shorter leash. I told him I’m still teaching recall and the idea was that Goose comes when called from a slight distance. Thought I’d keep my mouth shut about his endless ball launching for his dog.

On a more positive note, there was a woman sitting on the grass with her little cross. I asked if Mitch could say hello, her dog wasn’t really interested, but Mitch wiggled his way onto the woman’s knee for cuddles!

Last edited:

CorvusCorax

Justified & Ancient
Visit site
A woman with a chihuahua came up close behind the middle dog earlier and I thought 'blimey she's brave/has no spatial awareness' as most small dog owners quail at him as he is quite tall with a massive head bigger than a chihuahua.

She was hurrying up to me to tell me how gorgeous he is ? I did tell her he is the Goodest Boy.

Cinnamontoast

Fais pas chier!
Visit site
We met a tiny yorkie who liked my two but not the pretty cavalier that was walking past.

We also met a very bouncy lurcher who I scoped out yesterday. Today I let them meet him, but I think the bounciness put off Goose, who froze, even though he had been desperate to say hello. I removed him and gave him lots of reassurance.

Nasicus

Visit site
I met a Keeshond on saturday, think I made the guys day to have someone recognise the breed!
Later that day, Parents took smol dog with them and mongrel dog to a garden centre, where they met a pair of Papillons. The owner recognised smol dog as a Tibbie, if I had been there that would have made my day just the same :)

Cinnamontoast

Fais pas chier!
Visit site
I met a Keeshond on saturday, think I made the guys day to have someone recognise the breed!
Later that day, Parents took smol dog with them and mongrel dog to a garden centre, where they met a pair of Papillons. The owner recognised smol dog as a Tibbie, if I had been there that would have made my day just the same :)

OMG, where was that? There were 2 puppies advertised on I think Gumtree recently, I was amazed! It was my first dog.

[153312]

Visit site
In the post office -
A very excitable little prima Donna of a poodle puppy

A Macedonian rescue called Blue who was super cute & being very very brave for a little one who'd only been in the country three weeks because she voluntarily approached me when I crouched down and let her sniff me. Then we had a cuddle.

In the woods-
Elderly staffie called Issy who I quite wanted to kidnap lol because she stopped for a cuddle then decided to fall asleep leaning on my legs ?????? ???

Errin Paddywack

Visit site
We met a delightful 4 month old pup today. Supposed to be pure Staffie, both parents seen apparently but looks as though it will be too leggy and not totally typical head. Also a very strong tri colour which I have never seen before. Very sensible owner who is doing all the right things with it which is nice to see.

Cinnamontoast

Fais pas chier!
Visit site
We did not meet it, cos I changed direction quick sharp as the owner made for me! A very square large pitbull! It had cropped ears and there was no way it was coming near me. Mitch was on a longline so I hauled him in saying no very loudly. I had Bear with me and he tends to be very defensive of the youngsters, so didn’t fancy a run in.

We did say a polite hello to a gorgeous terrier on our way out, but Mitch is so excited that I think he puts other dogs off! I’ve never met such a bouncy joyful dog, he’s a delight to come down to in the morning!

Cinnamontoast

Fais pas chier!
Visit site
Took Mitch and Bear out, met the harrier beagle and a cavalier but kept Bear to the side, he’s decided the youngsters need protecting. Then I took out Goose who met the pointer he loves, the same beagle and a puppy staffie. I was pleasantly surprised at his improved recall, he was super good.

Cinnamontoast

Fais pas chier!
Visit site
I was very excited to meet a Gordon setter today, she was a bit nervy so I didn’t touch her. With her was the smallest springer I’ve ever seen, can’t have been more than 10kg. I came round the corner thinking Goose had somehow replicated himself!

ArklePig

Visit site
I met a young akita at the dog park. Not my usual cup of tea but this one was lovely I could have taken her home! I also met a magnificent labradoodle which again is not my cup of tea but he was stunning.

Pearlsasinger

Up in the clouds
Visit site
I was very excited to meet a Gordon setter today, she was a bit nervy so I didn’t touch her. With her was the smallest springer I’ve ever seen, can’t have been more than 10kg. I came round the corner thinking Goose had somehow replicated himself!

When we were at the beach on Thursday, we saw a group of setters, 1 x Gordon, 2 x Red and 3 x English, with a small spaniel marked very like the English Setters.

Cinnamontoast

Fais pas chier!
Visit site
When we were at the beach on Thursday, we saw a group of setters, 1 x Gordon, 2 x Red and 3 x English, with a small spaniel marked very like the English Setters.

I would LOVE an English setter, but my word, they’re tricky to find. Last litter I saw, fabulous markings, was in Ireland.

SaddlePsych'D

Visit site
4 pugs today with their owner, one pug made it's way up in Ivy's face doing the loud breathing thing which I wasn't sure what she would make of. I think just a bit confused in the end and we moved on swiftly. And a very over friendly golden retriever.

Also over the last week...Greyhounds! Greyhounds everywhere! And a couple of Podencos. We've just moved house and was worried about Ivy but looks like she has lots of noodly neighbours so maybe we'll find some to walk with and help her confidence.

Cinnamontoast

Fais pas chier!
Visit site
Massive white GSD type thing, ran straight at my 2 as we came round a corner in the woods. Goose was very wary and recalled immediately. Then a big black lab, same thing, immediate recall. Different story with young collie bitch who wanted to play, much to the owner’s surprise, apparently she doesn’t play. Maybe cos she lives with a 17 year old collie and she’s never learned!

Errin Paddywack

Visit site
We met a delightful dark ginger 9 month old pup. He was Weimaraner x spaniel. You could just about see the spaniel in his head and ears, otherwise Weimaraner and had the sheen to his coat that Weimies have. Lovely dog and a sensible owner.