Double drop noseband

Paint Me Proud

Visit site
A company popped up on my facebook today selling a double drop noseband bridle.
Not ever seen them before so was wondering if anyone knows the reasoning behind them and how they work etc, just interested :)

Cortez

Tough but Fair
Visit site
Probably for polo? They often use a drop with a standing martingale on the cavesson (so two nosebands on). The drop bit works as a drop, the cavesson doesn't do much on it's own.

ester

Not slacking multitasking
Visit site
Advertised for and used mostly by the showjumpers I think, that is where I have seen it, I don't think the polo players care about having multiple nosebands.

I think it must require a particular face conformation to fit well as you can't control the heights independently and people have definitely reported they have not been able to use them because of it.

AdorableAlice

Visit site
Advertised for and used mostly by the showjumpers I think, that is where I have seen it, I don't think the polo players care about having multiple nosebands.

I think it must require a particular face conformation to fit well as you can't control the heights independently and people have definitely reported they have not been able to use them because of it.

Beats me why anyone would want or need to use it.

Mrs B

Visit site
Guess it has a smilier effect to a grackle, but without the pressure on just one point of the nasal bone.

ester

Not slacking multitasking
Visit site
you'll like the equiline ones too AA

BJ118-500x500.png

bj119%20black-500x500.png

Paint Me Proud

Visit site
phew, i'm glad I'm not the only one who thinks they're ugly. Can't say any of the photos I've seen of them whilst having a little look tonight have been flattering to the horse.

AdorableAlice

Visit site
Can I have some valium / mini eggs too?

Too late, the mini eggs are no more and I need the valium after looking at the price of the Stubben bridle.

I thought I was getting into modern design when Ted wore his, very kindly donated by a HH member, Micklem bridle which did help his troublesome ear issues.

Goldenstar

Visit site
TBH on a competition horse or any horse except a show horse who cares what it looks like if the horse likes it .
So taking the stubben bridle as an example if that stopped your horse headshaking would you really care it looks very odd .

Dave's Mam

Visit site
GS, I get your point, but the Stubben bridle could be a Micklem in disguise but with a much higher price tag. I'm looking at the points of contact on the face & thinking it looks "flappier" than a micklem.

Goldenstar

Visit site
GS, I get your point, but the Stubben bridle could be a Micklem in disguise but with a much higher price tag. I'm looking at the points of contact on the face & thinking it looks "flappier" than a micklem.

It's not like a micklem in a micklem the sides of the bridle touch the horse just like any bridle in the stubben bridle the sides of the bridle are held away from the head and the brow band is a funky shape .
This would be my go to bridle for a headshaker if I had a horse struggling with poll pressure I would use the dy'0n difference bridle .
Bridle design has changed very little in the last 150 years but science is allowing people to look at bridles ( and other tack ) and think is there a different way .

Beausmate

Visit site
I'm sure a lot of horses (not all - some are always going to be a bit special) would be happier if the ordinary bridles they have already, actually fitted properly.

A lot of these weird and wonderful pieces of tack look more like fashion statements than anything else. :p

Mule

Visit site
I think the idea of the stubben is the freedom it gives at the ears. A friend found that hers stopped headshaking with it. She did get a big discount on it as she's a manager in a big equestrian supply business. The bridle is also incredibly ugly looking 😀

Goldenstar

Visit site
I think the idea of the stubben is the freedom it gives at the ears. A friend found that hers stopped headshaking with it. She did get a big discount on it as she's a manager in a big equestrian supply business. The bridle is also incredibly ugly looking ��

She lucky to get a discount but if it stops the horse head shaking surely it's worth every penny at full price .
Yes they are ugly to the eye but the horse does not care about that and surely it's always about the horse .
I have the Fairfax bridle on one of mine it's the headpiece that he likes .
I get always have a quiet laugh at people who are riding around in a thirty year old bridle ridiculing those trying to get their horses in the kit thats optimal for them .

Of course some people just like buying tack ( I like buying tack )but lots lots are working hard to work out how to get their horses as comfy in their work as possible .
Stubben ,Fairfax, PS of Sweden and Dy'on and others I can't think of ATM are all companies who are thinking outside the box .
It's always worth a browse through their websites to see what they are up to.