Dr John silver doog food

dingle12

Visit site
I feed it my old dog did sooo well on it, currently feed my two in it one is 11 he has been on it most of his life always get comments on his condition and coat and Gizmo has had it since a pup.

My SIL has a cocker had it on all expensive food had rubbish coat and sloopy poo's told her to try above and he now has a loads better coat and toilet fine.

Alec Swan

Visit site
I've used it, almost exclusively for the last 10 years. It has the benefit of being reasonably low protein, which I like. Sheepdogs can be manic, without winding them up further on high protein feeds!

Bitches in pup or lactating, or dogs which are in full work, would receive a supplement of fish of meat, but even then, that's only when their body score demands it.

I'm sure that the question of high protein feeds has been done to death on here, but how vets, in themselves rarely nutritionists, can promote and sell the 30+% dog feeds, ESPECIALLY for puppies, and do so with a clear conscience, is beyond me. Mind you, I suppose that it keeps them in work, considering the likely problems, which such feeds bring. I fully expect to be shot at, but I reached my beliefs, 40 years ago, and am yet to change my mind.

Alec.

Ravenwood

Visit site
I've fed both silver and gold for the different times of year when their work levels change but have to say, I'm not as much a fan as others on this thread seem to be.

As SA says, I have yet to find a better food than Skinners. Museli and Maintenance both VAT free, very economical and seem to suit my dogs best :) Chudleigh's comes in a good second though ;)

EAST KENT

Visit site
It`s only virtue is it is the cheapest around. Horrible.But then my opinion of ALL dried feeds is very poor..save for one Fish4Dogs,but even that would get some meaty bones added in, my dogs live well.:eek:

soloabe

Visit site
Holy **** can that has a ton of cereal crap in it.

I am not a believer in high protien = kidney problems after a lot of reserch.

But i am a believer in high cereal content causes problems.