Dream breed(s) you've always wanted

some show

Visit site
I also love the look of Pharoh Hounds but I definitely don't have the experience to train one / wouldn't even know where to look for them.

I know someone with three and they're very beautiful, smaller than my greyhound, but their prey drive is extremely strong and they have the stamina to make it a bit of an issue, disappearing for hours at a time in woodland and covering miles! He pretty much only lets them off in secure dog fields now.

SatansLittleHelper

Visit site
I love pretty much all giant breeds. When I lost my Standard Poodles and Newfoundlands I couldn't face another so ended up with Danes...they are the most amazing dogs and fit me so perfectly ❤️ My current Dane boy is lovely but erm, not bright. He has one brain cell dinging around his brain like a Windows screen saver ??? I lost my other Dane at the beginning of covid but hoping to get another next Spring.
I am not a huge lover of small breeds but I have an American cocker and 2 Japanese Chins. The Chins are probably the best non giant breed ever ??
L- Hudson, Yoshi, Arlo and Kodi20220327_115755_resize_1.jpg

Aru

Visit site
I've been lucky enough to get some of mine :) token picture attached because I adore my Finnish lapphunds. Now just to work on one of every colour ?
The I'd like list is constantly changing and editing for me.. but working in veterinary ruins a lot of breeds even in fantasy land.

Whippetxbedlington and Irish wolfhound are two I want but logistically will never get to have.
Toller, viszla I love but don't have the lifestyle to suit.
Border terriers are on the maybe list.
Longhaired chi is a maybe someday
Longhaired Dachshund is there but the back issues make it so hard to risk it imo.
Bernese - I love but the breeds is so much of a heartbreak breed for me. Same with Flatcoats and Caveliers.
I've always fancied a German Shapard as a kid but couldn't do it now.

Goldens are next on my list as a maybe dog but hunting down a breeder who both health tests and doesn't have a lot of cancer in their lines is going to be tricky. I can find the health tested ones....but the cancers are so much harder to track because its much harder to hear about those dogs who are dying between 4 and 8.

Sticking with Lappies for now. We are starting breed surveys where I'm based to keep track on the health issues and longlivitity across all the lines we have this side of the world instead. Still not as impressive as the Scandi systems but baby steps.

Attachments

• IMG_21042022_184919_(2000_x_1400_pixel).jpg
    IMG_21042022_184919_(2000_x_1400_pixel).jpg
    839.7 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:

The Fuzzy Furry

Getting old disgracefully
Visit site
I never ever thought I'd have a 'toy' dog as used to have a motley collection of GSD's, Rotters, plus a collie and 1 jack x manchester in the past.
however, I'm v happy with my dear (now getting old) Shih Tzu.

Before she arrived (welfare rescue case), i had nonchalantly been looking at Norfolk's and Norwich's ......

CrazyMare

Visit site
I've got three greyhounds, and one is big for a girl.

I'd really like -
Whippet
Italian greyhound
Manchester terrier
Standard poodle but not clipped into funny patterns, just clipped short all over

Odyssey

Visit site
I love greyhounds and whippets, but going purely on looks (how shallow!) I love salukis with the feathered coats, those silky, feathered ears are just the most beautiful thing. I've only met one, he was gorgeous, and had the lovely greyhound softness and gentleness. There seems something other worldly about them, somehow. Apparently they're very different from greyhounds, they're harder work and need more exercise/to run, so I'll stick to low maintenance lazy, goofy, greyhounds!

Last edited:

DressageCob

Visit site
I love pretty much all giant breeds. When I lost my Standard Poodles and Newfoundlands I couldn't face another so ended up with Danes...they are the most amazing dogs and fit me so perfectly ❤️ My current Dane boy is lovely but erm, not bright. He has one brain cell dinging around his brain like a Windows screen saver ??? I lost my other Dane at the beginning of covid but hoping to get another next Spring.
I am not a huge lover of small breeds but I have an American cocker and 2 Japanese Chins. The Chins are probably the best non giant breed ever ??
L- Hudson, Yoshi, Arlo and KodiView attachment 91233

I love the expression on the faces of the Chins. Particularly the one with the tongue fully out, just dangling. Lovely

Roasted Chestnuts

Visit site
I’ve always wanted a Finnish Spitz. In reality however I would more than likely get a nice working cocker.

However it is very much a dream until I either retire or no longer work 60+ hours a week ?

SatansLittleHelper

Visit site
I love the expression on the faces of the Chins. Particularly the one with the tongue fully out, just dangling. Lovely

That's Yoshi. He got his jaw smashed by one of the Danes (accident)...after several ops to attempt to fix it with metal plates he ended up having half of his jaw removed...literally. he now doesn't have anything to hold his tongue in place lol

Esmae

Visit site
Currently have whippets. In the past have had greyhounds, whippets, lurchers and an Italian Greyhound. I would never have another Italian, even though I adored mine. They are not for the fainthearted imo, and nothing like any other "Long dog" The sort I always fancied but never had is a Borzoi. Beautiful dogs.