Dream Horse Box

blitznbobs

Visit site
If you could have your dream horsebox, what would it be and why? What would you have in it, how many horses would it take etc?

milliepops

Wears headscarf aggressively
Visit site
Oh crikey. It wouldn't take much to upgrade my 25 year old 3.5t to something that felt 'dream like' :p

In an ideal world I'd like something with enough payload for 2 (and some spare cash to do my test) which brings us into something with living territory.
So... an actual bed would be pretty nice. and a hob. and a fridge. some sockets for phone chargers etc. Tack locker not protruding into horse area, a horse shower. decent lighting. Space to stow wheelbarrow/hay etc for staying away. A girl can dream :)

Cecile

Visit site
Well I quite like the look of these but worried I would have to buy the helicopter or sports car too :)

https://krismarhorsetrucks.eu/nl/home
I would have everything in it :)
I would like to just live in it all summer and just travel around taking my little herd to beautiful places

Lintel

Visit site
Oh how exciting. I think I would have:
3.5t box - 4WD... with great MPG *dreams of the day that exists!* - and automatic!
A 2 stall- with a ditty little area for a Shetland.
An area for tack and general "stuff" and a sink would be great but I'm maybe pushing it a bit it only is 3.5t!

Ideally I would quite like it in orange- just like this one.
http://www.kevinparkerhorseboxesltd.co.uk/pearl-orange-3-5-tonne-aeos-horsebox-large/

So now I just need to win the lottery :) Uplifting but sadly depressing thread!

scats

Visit site
I have my dream horsebox. It’s a van conversion type- I had it made to spec and is the first expensive thing that I paid for all on my own. As a result I am very proud of it! I spent my whole life previously with very old rattly wagons or trailers so my heart skips a little beat every time I pull up at home and see it.

Yes, a little living would be nice but I don’t really need it.

ElleSkywalker

As excited as Kitty about to be a bridesmaid
Visit site
I quite like mine :D nice and safe for ponies, nice simple living with little bed and comfy cab. Also it's very pretty so am happy as a clam :D I don't go anywhere to warrant a bigger living and a 7.5 lorry would be overkill for my little ponies :)

Michen

Visit site
You really need to post a pic so it can be fully appreciated- it’s a work of art!

I quite like mine :D nice and safe for ponies, nice simple living with little bed and comfy cab. Also it's very pretty so am happy as a clam :D I don't go anywhere to warrant a bigger living and a 7.5 lorry would be overkill for my little ponies :)

Embo

Visit site
An Oakley. Nuff said. When I win the lottery.......

Yes Oakley supreme that's what I would have someone local to me has a lovely white and silver one I see it all the time and get bad horsebox envy.

A good friend of mine has an Oakley Supreme. I would happily live in it, it's gorgeous.

I'd love a Kevin Parker box. Another friend has the 4.5t Aeos, and it's stunning.

For now, my dream box would just be a safe and within budget 3.5 :D

Quadro

Visit site
I already have a lovely 7.5, but sadly we have outgrown it. Will need to save really hard to get a decent hgv. My friend got a D reg Oakley, just because he wanted an Oakley, even at that age it is still nice!

SOS

Visit site
Dream horse box? A lorry with a luxury overnight living, toilet/shower and stalled for 3/4 with automatic drinkers and air con. Hot horse shower as well.

Comes with a driver so I can sleep on the way home.

ILuvCowparsely

Visit site
If you could have your dream horsebox, what would it be and why? What would you have in it, how many horses would it take etc?

Similar to mine But newer mine is a 2003 plate. MY horsebox is everything I need and more:

Body suspension to lower it once arrived to make ramp lower and body lower
cooker
fridge
tv
bed for 4
cupboards
toilet and shower
external lockers
Lovely colour
hot water
electric hook up (I added this)
CCTV (I added)
breakfast table
cut through to living
sink
partitioned for 3
Many other things I was told it has but forgotten

Maybe the only thing I would alter is the unladen weight I would make it less so I can carry 3 horses legally.

Took months to save and borrow some but It is more than I dreamed off besides being ripped off and then screwed by the person of the box I wanted prior to seeing this one, I lucked out getting newer and nicer.

Last edited:

turnbuckle

Visit site
44 tonne artic drawn by an American bonneted tractor with THREE gearstick and much chrome, superyacht everything interior, real bathroom, pop-out stabling for 3, and space to carry a little Willys jeep to go exploring.

You think it might be a bit of a tight squeeze on the lanes? Oh well, you did say DREAM.

mums the groom

Visit site
one I could afford that could carry 2 horses with a kettle, didn't breakdown needed very little to get through a MOT. great MPG and whilst we are dreaming a sound proof back seat for when the little darlings start to grate on every nerve at the end of a show when there tired, hungry and grouchy.