Dressage girth

Pinkvboots

Visit site
I am being really dim I think ? I can't work out what size dressage girth I need, he currently wears a 54 long girth but it is a bit long as in it almost does up to the top of the straps.

I use flexigirths and I emailed them and he said a 28 or 30 inch does that sound about right I really have no idea??

Stenners

Visit site
I was baffled by this also! My mare was in a 42" or 44" standard girth and is in either a 22" or 24" dressage but also depends how long the straps on your saddle are!

milliepops

Wears headscarf aggressively
Visit site
I would get out your tape measure. I like my dressage girths to be as long as possible so then when it is done up it is well above the elbows.
this. I don't think there can ever be a hard and fast "subtract x inches" rule because it depends on the shape of each saddle.

milliepops

Wears headscarf aggressively
Visit site
I just measure where i want the buckles to come to when tightened and buy that size. i don't use elasticated girths if that's what you mean?

Pinkvboots

Visit site
I just measure where i want the buckles to come to when tightened and buy that size. i don't use elasticated girths if that's what you mean?

I see what you mean now I was thinking if I used a tape measure, the flexigirths have elastic in the middle of the girth they are good for stability.

sbloom

www.stephaniebloomsaddlefitter.co.uk
this. I don't think there can ever be a hard and fast "subtract x inches" rule because it depends on the shape of each saddle.

This. You want as long a short girth as possible, as long as it doesn't cause issues with your pad. Trouble is, stated measurements are buckle end to buckle end and don't account for padding so you need a good idea of how much space you have available (and a 54" would usually mean a 30" or longer for dressage imo) and how much padding each girth has beyond the buckles.

Pinkvboots

Visit site
This. You want as long a short girth as possible, as long as it doesn't cause issues with your pad. Trouble is, stated measurements are buckle end to buckle end and don't account for padding so you need a good idea of how much space you have available (and a 54" would usually mean a 30" or longer for dressage imo) and how much padding each girth has beyond the buckles.

I think I will order the 30" I can send it back if its wrong they are so nice there and I have had to send one back before!

Can you tell how crap I am at this sort of thing ?

sbloom

www.stephaniebloomsaddlefitter.co.uk
I think I will order the 30" I can send it back if its wrong they are so nice there and I have had to send one back before!

Can you tell how crap I am at this sort of thing ?

It's a nightmare, why they can't put two measurements, as B to B is useful to make sure they're away from the elbows, I have no idea.