Dubarry Boots

SirJohn

New User
Visit site
Hello, I'm considering whether to buy dubarry boots to replace rubber boots, who has experience with them, are they really as good as rubber boots? are they really waterproof to the edge? what about mud, are there any problems? I would be happy to receive some information and pictures.

milliepops

Wears headscarf aggressively
Visit site
i've had a few pairs, because I wear them for hours every day I only get a couple of years out of them but for me they are much nicer than wellies. not AS waterproof I'd say but I've happily sploshed through deep water without getting soggy feet. they clean up well with a bit of TLC. eventually mine crack across the top of the foot but I've normally worn thru the sole by then nearly anyway.

teapot

Visit site
My first pair lasted ten years, my second look trashed after two years and I'm someone who religiously looks after boots.

Never had a problem with mud, mine have leaked but that was after standing in sea water for 90mins...

Abby-Lou

Visit site
No keep my dubarry boots for best, I do like them, but could not bring myself to use them on the yard

Lunavix

New User
Visit site
I have had my dubarry boots for 7 years. They are fab and I highly recommend. You do need to look after the leather though

SirJohn

New User
Visit site
what else have you done with your dubarrys, seen once that a woman was hiking in the mudflats with her boots on, i would like to know what they can stand because i want to get some too

AmyMay

Situation normal
Visit site
what else have you done with your dubarrys, seen once that a woman was hiking in the mudflats with her boots on, i would like to know what they can stand because i want to get some too

Well, they’re supposed to be able to withstand pretty much anything - but they certainly don like salt water of any kind. And after a couple of weeks don’t like any water....

Hero**

Visit site
I have dubarrys but spend most of my time in Aigle parcours wellies. They're practical, comfortable and appear to be indestructible so far! The dubarrys are more my fancy day out boots.