Dummy filly update

Donnie Darco

Visit site
Oh lord Enfys :(

Don't normally come into breeding, but fell in here a couple of days ago by accident ;) Not knowing what a 'dummy foal' was I clicked on your thread and have learnt so much and what with Freya being such a pretty little thing - a real life 'MINI ME' of her mum ;) your/her story has really touched me ;)

I (like EVERYONE else here :D) am rooting for the little lady - so hoping things improve PDQ ;)

Enfys

Visit site
I just want to Thank everyone for their best wishes, and hope perhaps that this thread has been informational for others.

Brief update. Friday 12th. 13 days old.

Freya does have Joint Ill in one hock that is noticeable, Vet came yesterday, as he and I had discussed, to pts.

But - even with a temp of 104, she was still bouncing about, happy, cheerful and nursing well, and we decided to give her one last chance. So, she is currently on massive doses of anti-biotics and her temperature has dropped a little (fortunately the temp here is only in the mid 20's today so fairly cool) and although the swelling has increased it has not spread to other joints, that we can see.

Prognosis is still abysmal, but as she didn't seem to be in pain then what was the harm in giving her another 24 hours?

_GG_

Visit site
Oh Enfys, you poor thing. What. Massive emotional rollercoaster and bless you for giving her another chance. If she pulls through I think we will all shed tears of joy, but if she doesn't then we will all be with you in spirit to support you as you will have done everything you could for her.

Praying lots for Freya and you. Xxx

Coblover63

Visit site
Wow! Her will to survive is STRONG! Every time nature chucks something at her, she fights back. I really hope she gets a handle on the joint ill now - what a little fighter. Enfys, you must be exhausted - physically AND mentally. Do take some time to look after yourself x

Meowy Catkin

Meow!
Visit site
Oh no! I've just seen this new development. :(

Come on antibiotics - do your stuff.

Wishing Freya lots and lots of get well soon wishes.

Spring Feather

Visit site
When their love of life is so evident, it's ALWAYS worth giving extra chances. I've done it when I've been told there is basically no hope, but when you know these foals/horses and you see them all day long, sometimes something in you says "the outcome may not be positive and the animal might still die. But not today!"

gadetra

Visit site
Oh no :( the worst possible news :(
Only you know her best, she seems a fighter, and full of life. You never know, she has so far shown an extreme will to live.
If not she has been extremely well looked after and loved her whole short life, more than others get in a lifetime.

Best of luck and hugs for her
xx

RamblingRosa

Visit site
While she seems happy give her a chance. I did with my foal 19 years ago and I'm still riding him. He had joint-ill in his knees and hocks but he was fighting and so was his mum. She made him get up when he'd been laid for long enough in her opinion. It took 3 types of antibiotics and 2 weeks but then he was like any other cheeky colt running about looking for trouble!

Hurricanelady

Visit site
So very sorry to hear about this awful setback :( but really hoping that she pulls through, what a fighter she's already shown she is.

Got everything crossed for you.