Dunne v Frost

Arzada

Visit site

Goldenstar

Visit site

Good to read that .

Great to read. Maybe recognition of how badly she was treated, how brave she has been and what a torrid time she has had. And more good news for her, winning November 2021 Ride of the Month https://www.attheraces.com/rideofthemonth

This is what we should be knowing BF for that was a super ride .
She’s not the the victim of a bully she is a great jockey succeeding in a very tough job .

Bob notacob

Visit site
I had a wonderful evening last night a severely controlled party,sitting next to a lady flat jock from the 70,s No names no pack drill. She explained that in her day ,she had to change in the st johns ambulance area . Couldnt speak more wonderful about her valet (former jockey ,rode foinavon in the national(go figure) . I got the vibe that she considered him a real man . Did her proud as a valet. She also explained that round the back of the course (pre cameras) she would endure a whip attack from some die hard misogynist jockeys ,which she cheerfully responded with some slashing cuts of her own. Her comment as I understand was . Two jockeys have now had their careers stuffed ,the real culprits remain the old guard of the jockey club. As I say , stright from the horses ,jockeys mouth. .

Goldenstar

Visit site
I had a wonderful evening last night a severely controlled party,sitting next to a lady flat jock from the 70,s No names no pack drill. She explained that in her day ,she had to change in the st johns ambulance area . Couldnt speak more wonderful about her valet (former jockey ,rode foinavon in the national(go figure) . I got the vibe that she considered him a real man . Did her proud as a valet. She also explained that round the back of the course (pre cameras) she would endure a whip attack from some die hard misogynist jockeys ,which she cheerfully responded with some slashing cuts of her own. Her comment as I understand was . Two jockeys have now had their careers stuffed ,the real culprits remain the old guard of the jockey club. As I say , stright from the horses ,jockeys mouth. .

The culprit was the person, man ,real man or any other way the person chooses to identify who did the bullying .

Clodagh

Visit site
So what was said by Matt Chapman on ATR today? I see much outrage on FB so I expect he was being his usual endearing self but did anyone see it?

Mrs. Jingle

Visit site
wo jockeys have now had their careers stuffed ,the real culprits remain the old guard of the jockey club. As I say , stright from the horses ,jockeys mouth. .

I hardly think Bryony's career is stuffed -far from it - she is an exceedingly talented young jockey in her own right and she kept her head down and kept riding winners while the 'in' crowd were busy ripping her reputation to shreds. Lets not forget either, this was also whilst those eminently qualified to make decisions at the hearing got on with their job of sorting the wheat from the chaff of fact, innuendo, rumour and down right vicious lies.

Also lets not forget either, we did get some extremely ferocious 'insider' information thrown into the pot on this forum, if not straight from the horses or jockey's mouth, the most vile and childish part of it did come from a self professed 'right in the middle of it, I know all the facts you don't know' expert!

j1ffy

Visit site

I'm not sure that the experience of one woman who rode in races 50 years ago is relevant to the current scenario! How awful that she had to endure physical abuse to be able to ride - she's clearly very resilient and tough to have continued anyway, but the ability to withstand a beating shouldn't be part of the qualification to be a jockey. Nor should enduring misogynistic 'banter', constant jibes or willy-waggling.

Dunne is in his mid-30s, not from the dark ages. He's a few years younger than me and I can guarantee that no-one (of any gender) I work with would consider his behaviour to be acceptable. I'm pleased this has been brought into the daylight and hope it can ensure future generations of jockeys succeed because of their talent on a horse, not their resilience when handling human relationships.

Parrotperson

Visit site
So what was said by Matt Chapman on ATR today? I see much outrage on FB so I expect he was being his usual endearing self but did anyone see it?
Basically he said he’d heard that bryony had sacked the valets previously and employed her own valet.
Then when her own valet didn’t turn up the other valets were asked to work fir her and refused.
But lots of jockeys change charts for various reasons so dye hardly sacked them. She just employed someone else. ?‍♀️

ycbm

Einstein would be proud of my Insanity...
Visit site
So in summary, even allowing for the weighing room “culture” and non-intervention by his peers being taken in mitigation by the panel, his actions were so appalling he got an 18 (15) month ban.

But RR you've forgotten that she deserved it because she does post race interviews like giddy schoolgirl talking about her pony. ???

[153312]

Visit site
But RR you've forgotten that she deserved it because she does post race interviews like giddy schoolgirl talking about her pony. ???
I don't understand why people criticise her for this....I've always been taught "if you don't think your {horse/dog/cat/chinchilla/insert as appropriate} is the best ever, you shouldn't have anything to do with them'.
Aren't we ALL giddy schoolgirls with ponies at heart? I know I am, when I have to resist the urge to shriek gleefully "PONYPONYPONY!" anytime I drive past a field of horses .... if that enthusiasm and love for the animals is criticised and put down endlessly then I think there is little hope for the industry considering it's based off them, really!