Early September Weekend Plans :)

blood_magik

Visit site
I’d arranged to steal the big horse for a lesson with James Smith on Sunday but the clinic has been changed to Monday and I can’t go as I’m working and have the saddler coming for the new boy ?

The friend I was supposed to be sharing the lesson with is now running a pole work/grid work clinic Sunday so I think I’ll go to that instead as its only over the road.

Might try and build a new course for next week’s hires if I can be bothered. New fence and fillers arrived so I’m desperate to put them out ?

Hope everyone has a good weekend

oldie48

Visit site
Oldie and MP - that sounds great for 15/16! Would love to see you both :D I’ll be sleeping over in my lorry so happy to film lessons / catch up over a glass of wine.
Hi, when are you arriving on the 15th?. I always get there as early as I can to get horse settled in so I can watch as many lessons as possible. I learn such a lot and it's always an enjoyable experience to listen to Adam.

j1ffy

Visit site
Hi, when are you arriving on the 15th?. I always get there as early as I can to get horse settled in so I can watch as many lessons as possible. I learn such a lot and it's always an enjoyable experience to listen to Adam.

I'm off work so I can arrive whenever really! Like you, I do enjoy watching and learning. I'll try to make it for your lesson.

I am so tempted................

Go on, do it....

Roxylola

Visit site
I'd be tempted for a weekend, but I'd have to hire a box cant really expect my owner to do 2 6 hour round trips for me to have a couple of lessons - unless anyone fancies loaning me a horse ?

ownedbyaconnie

Visit site
Last minute booked on to showjumping tomorrow at Merrist Wood. 55cm again. Hoping for a more forward round and to try and not clip the skinny (which was due to lack of impulsion). Last time was my first ever showjumping round tho so I am pretty happy with it as Rosie had only ever been hunted/farm ride before I got her so poles and bending and indoor school are all still relatively new (and she is my first so I have never competed before).

Video from our first round below, the rest of the round was a very ploddy trot. If you saw her whizzing around at home you wouldn't think they were the same pony. She just gets very concerned about where everyone else is and what they are doing when we are out, but we'll get there :) Any tips for getting her off my leg? I don't want to nag her too much if it is genuine worry that is slowing her down. Is it a case of the more we go out the more confident she will get?

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Roxylola

Visit site
Yeah, keep at it. If shes normally forward it's just a bit of stage fright, supercob backs off and defaults to a horrid rushed trot if I get after him when he feels overwhelmed. It will come

milliepops

Wears headscarf aggressively
Visit site
Last minute booked on to showjumping tomorrow at Merrist Wood. 55cm again. Hoping for a more forward round and to try and not clip the skinny (which was due to lack of impulsion). Last time was my first ever showjumping round tho so I am pretty happy with it as Rosie had only ever been hunted/farm ride before I got her so poles and bending and indoor school are all still relatively new (and she is my first so I have never competed before).

Video from our first round below, the rest of the round was a very ploddy trot. If you saw her whizzing around at home you wouldn't think they were the same pony. She just gets very concerned about where everyone else is and what they are doing when we are out, but we'll get there :) Any tips for getting her off my leg? I don't want to nag her too much if it is genuine worry that is slowing her down. Is it a case of the more we go out the more confident she will get?

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
if she's only just started going to shows then I think the kind of ride you get is not really representative of what you'll end up with when you've both had a bit more practice.
Keep on keeping on :) I think it's important to try and ride as much like you would at home as possible. hopefully with a few more similar outings under her belt she will relax about where the others are and be more like she is at home. i like using arena hires and clinics for stuff like that too, as you get a similar experience but more time to adjust to the environment.

ownedbyaconnie

Visit site
Yeah, keep at it. If shes normally forward it's just a bit of stage fright, supercob backs off and defaults to a horrid rushed trot if I get after him when he feels overwhelmed. It will come
if she's only just started going to shows then I think the kind of ride you get is not really representative of what you'll end up with when you've both had a bit more practice.
Keep on keeping on :) I think it's important to try and ride as much like you would at home as possible. hopefully with a few more similar outings under her belt she will relax about where the others are and be more like she is at home. i like using arena hires and clinics for stuff like that too, as you get a similar experience but more time to adjust to the environment.

Good that's what I thought. Well meaning friends implied I should get after her a bit but I knew deep down she's backing off from inexperience rather than laziness/napping.

I think as I'm getting more confident too she will feed off from that and we'll be whizzing round before long! Annoyingly with corona they are only letting a few people into the warm up before their round so I didn't get long to chill her out and everywhere else is too stony/cramped to warm up.

She did a really nice clear round on Monday and I didn't feel too puffed out even after 12 jumps so we must be making progress.

SpottyTB

Visit site
We are training our socks off at home for dressage next weekend. I ran through one test today and it wasn’t great... so lots of practice needed!

Any tips for getting tense warmblood to take the contact forwards and down? He loooooves tense nose to neck and stampy legs...

oldie48

Visit site
We are training our socks off at home for dressage next weekend. I ran through one test today and it wasn’t great... so lots of practice needed!

Any tips for getting tense warmblood to take the contact forwards and down? He loooooves tense nose to neck and stampy legs...
Mr B was very tense and although he felt a goey forward horse he was actually behind the leg, so for him it was to push him forward and soften his neck. It felt counter-intuitive but it was the only way to encourage him to relax.

j1ffy

Visit site

As Oldie48 said really - make sure he’s moving off the leg and properly from behind. My tense warmblood had been ridden in draw reins so double trouble! I also had to start with stretching at the end of a tough session, it took a few months before we could stretch during a warm up.

Michen

Visit site
What a beautiful morning. Already back from a 6.30am meet. Bear was hot today, still behaved but I got the distinct impression I may get bucked off at points!! Once he had truly settled (An hour in) I then took him off home Shortly after, a big test for a baby hunter to leave a huge stubble field of 20 horses and go quietly back to the trailer on his own. He passed and I’m really pleased with him for that. I think we will keep up regular short meets for now, twice a week as I’d like him a little quieter/a bit more boring.

clever lad!

A45D4DCA-0A11-424A-9803-CEFC4D107C22.jpeg97EF0EC4-B1B7-4D08-8177-0257F22AD412.jpeg