Easter weekend plans :)

Chippers1

Visit site
Xc was great, just trying to upload the photos on my ancient laptop so may be a while! Had a few stops at the start but that was all me and my nerves and only over the 2 brush types. After that we were flying! Even did some of the bigger fences that are in the 90 too 😊

Reacher

Visit site
Had a Nigel Springer SJ lesson yesterday afternoon. So pleased we are getting flying changes 90% of the time. Mr H is so clever. Apparently I’m sitting up after jumps / keeping shoulders back a bit better hence he isn’t managing to tank as much (I think it was the warm weather calming him down !)
This morning got up to find retired mare with a screaming eye ulcer ( she’s had 2 in the past). Vet came out and left me with various drops but mare refusing to let me put them in (with the previous ulcers she was very good about having the drops so it must be painful). Doesn’t help that I have a knackered shoulder and can’t hang on to her. RI dropped by and helped me get some in then mr Reacher got home and helped with next lot.
Flatwork lesson tomorrow, probably hacking the rest of the weekend. Happy Easter to all 🐣

Fiona

Visit site
Our Easter weekend started yesterday as I'm off for the next ten days until after Cavan...

Yesterday F and Daisy had an all day PC rally, and he had a ball with his friends.. XC in the morning where Daisy although jumping super was very speedy, and some amazing SJ tuition in the afternoon where they all rode against the clock.. They tried to beat their own time, but even so he held his own with kids who do aff SJ.

Today was supposed to be the team SJ, but as that went pear shaped, I booked local all weather XC for the two of us.

Fionn went really well over all the smaller 70-80cm fences, considering we haven't XC in months and he got a bad fright last autumn I was v pleased.

F and Daisy had a ball and jumped everything I did, took a few leads to start but clear over everything... So proud.

F and hubby stewarding at an event tomorrow, so I have the day to myself 😊😊😊

Fiona

Bernster

Visit site
Toddled off to Munstead 60 ode. Better this time and very pleased with dressage (32.8) and sj (clear). Really tried to deal with the xc napping and felt like we did move away with purpose but still had a stop at no 2 fence (going away from the horseboxes etc). Bit blue about that but we did better so we’re heading in the right direction.

Seeing friends for the rest of the weekend, p2p which I’ve never been to before, and generally having a lovely time hopefully!

3C4781A8-8112-417A-A632-80E2BD0BA073.jpeg4438D278-51D7-4B15-BA6E-37E49C89BFE0.jpeg

JFTDWS

Visit site
Super photos, Chippers and Bernster. Moving in the right direction is absolutely worth celebrating!

Also belated Loaniversary to MP and Millie (who I adore, even more so now she's growing old with disgrace!).

I followed a bridleway on an OS map yesterday while exploring and ended up in a building site, and was asked to leave by a confused member of site security :p Daemon wasn't impressed by their handiwork anyway.

DabDab

Ah mud, splendid
Visit site
You guys look amazing in those pics Chippers!

Definitely moving in the right direction Bernster! Considering how backwards thinking he has been in stuff you've posted before, one stop going away from home is really good.

Haha FF - I fear that my dressage debut with Arts may be similar. Roadrunner impression is go.

Hacked my two out this morning and am now chilling in the sun before heading off to p2p.

Easter hacking, lambs all out:
IMAG0569.jpg

Northern

Visit site
We've had a brilliant Easter weekend, warm which means no rain ( :( ). However it helps to go out exploring the bush :)
L the Haflinger and I went down to find a river, found lots of steep tracks and rocks instead :eek: and today went out with a buddy :)

L and E the TB are moving home Tuesday week, big journey for them at 1400km and a 12 hour ferry ride over the Bass Strait. I hope they behave themselves until I come home Mid May. Can't wait! I have transport at home so can get L out and about :D And also sort out what is wrong with E...

Happy Easter all! :)

Michen

Visit site
Boggle... like this for the entire 2.5 hour hack. I don’t think I’ve ever met a horse that finds everything quite so joyful 😂 think he’s feeling ok anyway!!!

[video]
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
DC6AC8C3-EBE5-424A-A1BA-E9EFB152DFBD.jpeg

oldie48

Visit site
Some great pictures here and lovely to see people out having fun. Rose was due to do a couple of comps over Easter, ran through our test for today yesterday and she went really nicely with some good canter work. However, half way to our competition today I notied the stop light had come on and the temp guage was at max. I've got a leak but with the help of a friendly pub landlord, I managed to get home safely but was unable to get to the comp. Lorry booked in for next Friday as I managed to contact the garage (which was closed!) Oh well, we were both fine and I have got lots of gardening to do!

Leo Walker

Visit site
Leo the yard your at sounds a much nicer place then it used to be!

Its lovely. We've been doing lots of work tidying it up and the YO has paid for a brand new school to be done, so its looking nice as well as being nice now. I impressed even myself with the jump making! We managed to get 2 jump stands and a mini pair of wings made, and we've got tons of wood left over to do more on Monday.

57882651_10156455189948667_198925430403629056_n.jpg

57425234_10156455190108667_841202141291872256_n.jpg

57258205_10156455193278667_4927654779435352064_o.jpg

nikicb

www.facebook.com
Loads of great reports, pictures and videos posted! Chippers - he's flying over some of those! Bernster - progress is never linear, keep chipping away and in a year you will look back and wonder what the problem was. :)

I'm a bit late to the thread this week, partly because I didn't want to tempt fate like last week!! On Thursday we went to Sparsholt to ride a test for a judges' exam. There’s something rather nerve racking about riding down the centre line with seven cars in front of you and an FEI judge at C. It was the first really warm day in a while, so Cassie was a little behind the leg, but I’m really pleased with how she coped with what was asked of her. Yesterday she had a treadmill session which she always seems to really enjoy, or perhaps it's just the treats they give her at the end!

This morning Cassie was on winning form, scoring 67.69% in our Prelim class. Then we went on to get a very pleasing 66.07% in Novice 27. She’s really tried hard the past few weeks and it’s making our work so much more consistent. A well deserved day off in the sunshine for both of us tomorrow I think!

58461486_1330178757121148_5691956141177700352_n.jpg

Lexi_

Visit site
Thought so. I was FJ there today too. Can't believe how hot it was. Despite lashings of sun cream I'm still burnt. I hope the horse that had the nasty looking fall in the water was ok.

Oh no! Much after sun for you!

It looked like it walked away absolutely fine, thank goodness. Dramatic at the time though!

Denbob

Visit site
Aaaaand he's back in the building!

Not the easiest day, went up to the field he'd been in for the last few weeks to find a couple of big bay horses, just not mine. Owner kindly dropped us off at another field in his landy but D wasn't there either, and there was a fence post down. At this point my heart is racing as D has been known to demolish fencing and take himself on a wander, which is why he had to go on holiday livery in the first place. I spent the next 20 minutes traipsing through boggy marshes screaming and whistling like a knob running through every worst case scenario possible in my head. Eventually made the decision to go back to the yard so cut back through the neighbouring field tothe yard to call for help (they haven't invented phone towers in deepest Somerset so phones weren't an option) and through a gap in the hedge spotted a set of familiar white socks.... whistled and he came trotting over happy as Larry. Apparently they'd moved him and two other geldings to another field and it hadn't trickled up to the owner! Thank God we'd taken a shortcut and spotted him or I would have gone storming into the yard in a panicked sweaty mess and said something very stupid... a lesson in not jumping to conclusions!

On the positive side he loaded beautifully which was a surprise given his history of planting and travelled like a dream so very pleased with him. Can't wait to crack on!

Reacher

Visit site
Reacher I wish you success with your mares eye drops, and quick healing....

Congratulations and enjoy for everyone who is away on their holibobs this weekend, and hugs to those who have to work...

Well done chippers and lovely pics...

Well done for the dressage TFF x x

Fiona
Thanks Fiona, eye is less swollen and is opening it now, ulcer covers about half the eye.
Fionn and Daisy sound awesome. Hope you had good day stewarding and were given plenty of refreshments 🍰

Lammy

Visit site
Had a quick ride on the young man this morning in the new school, there was lots to look at and only our second ride back but he was foot perfect :)
Any ideas on what to do with all this mane would be appreciated! It’s ridiculous.

fncr3k.jpg

The Fuzzy Furry

Getting old disgracefully
Visit site
Just reporting back that I had a lovely time at RC polework, despite the heat! Midday and high temps do not make TFF a happy bunny. B Fuzzy did everything I asked of her, only went into boingy tigger mode a couple of times but settled quickly. Instructor v chuffed that B was so much better than back in early March.
Downside was the catch on the grooms door window at the back of the box came off and window shot down and shattered, grr! I will cover later with feed sack till I can get it fixed, but took me ages to sweep and pick up the tiny bits!