Ebay Saddle Feedback Help Please.

Maesfen

Extremely Old Nag!
photobucket.com
Luckily, I have never had cause to leave anything other than positive feedback since using ebay but have to change my ways now!
I bought a saddle on ebay a fortnight ago, paid immediately by Paypal and waited and waited; sent email asking for tracking number/courier so I could work out when likely to appear; got a reply back that it had been sent on the Monday, day after the auction (I thought) but no tracking number included so I couldn't do anything other than wait (I am the world's most impatient person when waiting for pressies!) It finally arrived by postman this Friday with a date stamp for last Monday (so a week after the auction ended and it was paid for) almost a fortnight after auction ended. If I had paid by cheque, I would have expected that but not with paypal when sellers states they dispatch within 2 days of cleared payment.
While I'm pleased with the basic saddle, it's just what I want for a youngster, it is a lot tattier than was described as 'some wear' which you expect with an older saddle but nothing was mentioned of the binding on both saddle skirts being frayed and unstitched and in fact unstitchable as they've been squashed and stretched completely out of sync. Not only that but in the description it was stated 'no stitching problems, girth straps are good'. One of the girth straps is hanging by a thread and was clearly visible as soon as I lifted the saddle flap!
They have 100% positive feedback and I don't want to rain on their parade but I am a bit pee'd off that they took a week to even dispatch the saddle and the stitching is not good or safe as was described, I don't think that can be pushed under the carpet.
Your thoughts on a snappy but polite feedback appreciated please.

Archiesmummy

Visit site
Why don't you drop them a line via ebay and tell them how disappointed you were with the saddle and see what happens. If you don't get a satisfactory response then lodge a complaint with ebay itself. In the event you are really, really pissed off and want your money back, think about small claims court. I have had several bad experiences on ebay and when push came to shove the powers that be at ebay were useless and in the end I had to write things off to experience.

My friends dad got done, for almost £1500. Paid by cheque, it was cashed but no item every appeared. Ebay faffed around but didn't do anything that helped. My friend took things into her own hands and set the ball rolling with the police. The case is still ongoing, two years after the incident.

Good luckx

hannah9000

Visit site
I would contact the seller first and foremost. Make it known to them that you're unhappy with what you received and you feel the description in the ad was false. Even if they offer half or a % of your money back, it's better than nothing!!

clairec1154

Visit site
Naughty seller!!!! You don't get your money from paypal as a seller for 21 days unless you get positive feedback, so if they have waited 3 weeks after you paid they have got their money with out your feedback!

It really depends if you are happy to keep the item or you want a part refund or if you want to send it back for a full refund? I would take pictures of the saddle and email the seller with your concerns. In my experience, Ebay (and Paypal) have a really good complaints procedure, which I would read before you do anything!

Paypal refunded my money for an item with no hassle. You do need to follow their advice and be willing to wait for the seller to reply.

Best of luck

Maesfen

Extremely Old Nag!
photobucket.com
Please don't get me wrong, I'm not wanting to complain to ebay; it's not that important and I honestly don't see the point and I want to keep the saddle but I get the impression (just from the email reply I had, admittedly) that it will be water off a duck's back to the seller if I complain to them but at least it would give me some satisfaction to do so! There's nothing so perverse as a woman, I admit it!
I think I will do as hannah9000 suggests, it's not even going to cost me a stamp but I do like Rushyj's comment too, lol!
Thanks, will let you know how it pans out.

Bowen4Horses

www.poppywebber.co.uk
Naughty seller!!!! You don't get your money from paypal as a seller for 21 days unless you get positive feedback, so if they have waited 3 weeks after you paid they have got their money with out your feedback!

this is what has happened (well, so it seems). they knew they were selling you something that wouldn't get them positive feedback, and eBay's new saddle selling rules mean the seller's money is held onto by paypal until positive feedback is left or 21 days has gone.

because it appears they have been devious, personally i'd grass on them to eBay. maybe email them first, saying you're annoyed (they can't leave you negative feedback as a buyer) and ask for a partial refund.

good luck! x