Eeeek or so?

CMcC

Visit site
Am currently riding in mis-matched tack: brown saddle, black girth and black stirrup leathers. Am “auditioning” the girth and leathers before I buy brown but I must admit, even though I am only riding at home and no one can actually see the mis-match, it does not please me! So your friend is right you need a new pair of boots or gaiters! Matchy matchy please.

oldie48

Visit site
Very particular! It is well known that riders with unmatched boots and gaiters, ride less well than those who take the time to match them. Clearly riders in long leather boots also ride considerably better than those in short boots and gaiters, it is also widely accepted that riders in rubber boots can't ride at all and will struggle to walk as well, particularly if it is muddy. The best riders always have matching gear and ride horses in matching gear. Have you ever seen C D-J in short black boots with chocolate gaiters? I rest my case. Your friend is completely right and obviously works for Le Mieux or another top end equestrian retailer.

Mule

Visit site
Very particular! It is well known that riders with unmatched boots and gaiters, ride less well than those who take the time to match them. Clearly riders in long leather boots also ride considerably better than those in short boots and gaiters, it is also widely accepted that riders in rubber boots can't ride at all and will struggle to walk as well, particularly if it is muddy. The best riders always have matching gear and ride horses in matching gear. Have you ever seen C D-J in short black boots with chocolate gaiters? I rest my case. Your friend is completely right and obviously works for Le Mieux or another top end equestrian retailer.
:D

Mrs. Jingle

Visit site

:D :D Exactly!

teddypops

Visit site
Couldn’t do it! I had a new pony with a black saddle but the girth that fitted her best was brown and I only had brown stirrup leathers, I couldn’t relax until I had bought new black leathers & girth!

Meredith

riding reluctantly into the sunset
the sat-nav is wrong, go farther up the hill
Visit site
I had rugs etc with matching colours so the kids didn’t put the wrong rug on their ponies.
I do like leather and numnahs to be the same, i.e. all black or all brown
That is about as matchy as I get.
Most of my stuff is bought for fit not colour. ( apart from hi-viz)

Mrs. Jingle

Visit site
Couldn’t do it! I had a new pony with a black saddle but the girth that fitted her best was brown and I only had brown stirrup leathers, I couldn’t relax until I had bought new black leathers & girth!

Me too bought a new black saddle and could NOT settle until absolutely everything was changed to black - bridle, girth my jod boots and now waiting for my new chaps, luckily I sell all the leather tack so that wasn't a problem but do slightly resent that my OCD is making me spend money on items, that in reality, I really dont need!

But of course now everything is matching I will of course ride ten times better won't I? :rolleyes::D

Auslander

Visit site
I am ALWAYS a vision of sartorial elegance on my horse.
14117973_10154834712545730_773289557795249151_n.jpg

ycbm

Einstein would be proud of my Insanity...
Visit site
Um... well I'm a bit puzzled about why you bought non matching boots and chaps in the first place 🤣

I have black gaiters but I just spotted that my favourite zipped and laced short boots in brown have just been remaindered on a website at £15. For that price I don't give a toss about the colour 😁

oldie48

Visit site
Um... well I'm a bit puzzled about why you bought non matching boots and chaps in the first place 🤣

I'm a cheapskate so tbh if it was a money saving thing then I'd just put up with it. It would annoy me a bit tho. But I only wear long boots, if they don't match then I'm in trouble!
Well that immediately puts in the top category and with Kira being the colour she is, black on one side and brown on the other would be an equestrian fashion statement which no-one would notice. I however, have a real problem, I bought a lovely pair of brown leather boots to match Bisto who was tobiano, can I wear them on Rose and still have rider credibility? I have black or navy jackets and hats but brown boots? It is a real dilemma! Ditch the boots or ditch the horse!

The-Bookworm

Visit site

I'm a cheapskate so tbh if it was a money saving thing then I'd just put up with it. It would annoy me a bit tho. But I only wear long boots, if they don't match then I'm in trouble!
The Ariat gaiters were an eBay bargain.
But I think going on what I have been told above- and everything on the net is true, I will ride better if I get matching boots.
I suspect to nail it they need to be ariat :p

NLPM

Visit site
It would irritate me a little if they didn't match :oops: but not enough to stop me riding! I do love matchy matchy though as I feel if people are looking at the pretty colours, they're less likely to notice me bumbling about on top.

@Auslander - handsome horse! Don't you find riding in shorts painful without long boots? I'd love to ride in shorts (and gloveless - I have some weird tanlines come summer!) but find the stirrup leather really annoying.

catkin

Visit site
Your pal would have the absolute vapours if she saw my riding kit :) - but hey, it fits and it wuz cheap (can see why as the colours are a bit, err, interesting)
The pony has lovely matchy matchy brown tack - but joins the Interesting Colours Club with home gear like rugs.

I am beyond doomed I reckon.

Reactions: tda

The-Bookworm

Visit site
I don't mean to go ot, but what sort boots ( should I feel the urge) are actually chocolate.
I can't quite get my head around the cost of the Ariat that's would match perfectly.
Though if my riding is improved I guess that benefits the horse and is extremely important. :rolleyes: