Eeeek or so?

catkin

Visit site
Well polished boots will improve your riding - a few months of using the same polish on boots and gaiters will tone both to more-or-less the same colour.

Leo Walker

Visit site
I am in the middle of renovating my carriage. I had to go out at the weekend with a tiny bit of it under the passenger seats, not painted. I genuinely felt anxious about it and was kicking myself for not getting it done in time. I have also purchased 3 matching XC tops. There is one in my size and a large and a medium. Anyone who wants to back step for me has been has been selected on the basis of fitting into the tops. I wish I was joking about this, but I'm not really!

Gloi

Too little time, too much to read.
Visit site
It's great, my friend is OCD matchy match so she is forever getting rid of stuff that no longer matches the new outfit. She is a brilliant source of hardly used horse gear :)

vhf

Visit site
My grandfather was a saddler, and back in the 1980's he told a tale of a couple for whom he spent a great deal of time fitting their horses with new saddles, only for them to replace the horses shortly afterwards. The new horses didn't fit the saddles, so they returned the horses...

The-Bookworm

Visit site
Has anyone by chance calculated if there is a financial benefit in the purchase of matchy matchy compared to lessons?
Or is the improvement in my riding gained going to be so vast that no amount of lessons would compare?
I have a lesson booked and if she says my riding is awful compared to the last one then I will feel it's the boots.

The-Bookworm

Visit site
Well polished boots will improve your riding - a few months of using the same polish on boots and gaiters will tone both to more-or-less the same colour.
What's polish?
I only have the spray bottle. But I have just wiped both the boots and gaiters.

oldie48

Visit site
I have a lesson booked and if she says my riding is awful compared to the last one then I will feel it's the boots.
If your trainer says your riding is awful, ditch the lessons and save up for the boots. Good boots never make you feel rubbish, they lengthen your legs and make your thighs look thinner, never had a trainer who managed to do that!

Denbob

Visit site
Has anyone by chance calculated if there is a financial benefit in the purchase of matchy matchy compared to lessons?
Or is the improvement in my riding gained going to be so vast that no amount of lessons would compare?

It's the chicken and the egg situation. How on earth are you going to get the most out of your lessons if you don't have a matching saddle pad and boots/bandages/ears/stitching on your tack/lipstick and eye shadow?!

Auslander

Visit site
lipstick and eye shadow?!
Not sure I'd go as far as matching lipstick!
50502923_10161793938700497_5843492001948893184_n.jpg

Meredith

riding reluctantly into the sunset
the sat-nav is wrong, go farther up the hill
Visit site
It's the chicken and the egg situation. How on earth are you going to get the most out of your lessons if you don't have a matching saddle pad and boots/bandages/ears/stitching on your tack/lipstick and eye shadow?!

All my numnahs are black. I don’t own any boots or bandages. Ears are shocking pink for hi viz. There is no fancy stitching on my tack. Neither my piebald mare nor I have ever worn eyeshadow or lipstick.

Counting up I think I am about 8 times doomed to failure!

The-Bookworm

Visit site
The saddle pad "matches" the saddle as that's black and brown.
Never wear make up so my face matches. Grubby :eek::D

milliepops

Wears headscarf aggressively
Visit site
I was actually told by a previous trainer, when I bought my first pair of posh dressage boots, how much better I was riding.
So all jokes aside perhaps there's something in it! Lol! (or maybe she was on commission from the spendy boot companies :p)

catkin

Visit site

but what if your instructor doesn't match - do you have to send them home to change?

Visit site
I have brown boots and black chaps. I get through boots like no ones business and the shop only had the right size in brown. All of my tack at work it black. In fact all of my tack matches bridles to saddles but that's because I show.

I don't do matchy matchy! At home my horses are lucky (or unlucky as they would probably see it!) to be ridden twice a year with a headslip, bridoon snaffle, continental reins and a piece of bailer twine as a neck strap! I don't do tack at home unless I reeeeeally have to! I also don't do boots, bp or hat if I really can't be bothered. I never wear a bp at home regardless.

Fluffypiglet

Visit site
I pretty much struggle to leave the house if my socks don’t match my top. Even under long boots/ coat in the depths of winter! Makes me feel weird and prickly. Breeches are always black (four identical pairs). I once sent some beautiful brown boots back as I knew that I wouldn’t be able to wear them without feeling out of sorts as everything else is black and grey (with coloured, (ideally pink) tops/ socks/ hi viz!). However I’m also a cheapskate and bought some very nice leather half chaps in brown for summer. They were £12.50 a pair and I’m hoping I can get over myself enough to wear with black jodhpur boots. My thinking is that the boots will be dusty in the summer so will sort of match. Although it will still clash with my black tack.... sob.

Peter7917

Visit site
Well im an absolute tat bag and regularly ride in trainers with chaps in summer BUT no way would I be seen in black boots with chocolate gaiters!!

hattie2525

Visit site
I'm a long time lurker but I must say this thread has me in stitches, you lot are hilarious. I just hope that some unsuspecting person doesn't find this thread in years to come looking for some valuable advice but simply cancels all their lessons and buys a shiny new pair of De Niros instead!
Bargain boots are great but kit must match therefore should be attacked with shoe polish until they do....