Effective fly spray - recommendations

UKa

community.webshots.com
Hi, as post says, I am looking for a fly spray that is truly effective - any recommendations? Plus I like to live a little 'green' so if anyone knows a good one that is natural or as natural as poss that would be a bonus...

milliepops

Wears headscarf aggressively
Visit site
I think it depends on the horse, and the type of flies that are a problem.. but I have used Barrier Super Plus fly repellent (link) for several years and find it really effective.

My horse is plastered with the cream at the moment as we have loads of little biting midge-things this time of year that seem to burrow into the skin - this stuff keeps them well away. I think it is pretty 'natural' too, smells nice and is gentle enough to put on sore patches as well.
smile.gif

StinkiPinki

Visit site
I really like the NAF pink spray, it smells a little garlicky but works brilliantly, and my horses are next to really bad horsefly woods, it really keeps them away. And its natural as well. Highly recommended!

mickey

Visit site
The only thing I have ever found that makes any impact with my horse is cooper's green fly repellent. It comes as a liquid in a bottle, you apply with a thin sponge and the effect lasts for a few days. I don't think it would be the most natural product though.

LickettySplit

Visit site
"Think Fly" is supposed to be really excellent - it's a supplement rather than a spray/gel and, by all accounts, will give your horse 24/7 protection.

Worth a try I reckon!!!

alotahorsepower

New User
Visit site
I use Blue Bottle by Feedmark, it is really strong smelling but very effective! I just had an half price email from them for a gel, spray, refill and a tub of garlic for just £30! that will keep my 2 going for months and it is delivered free. The offer in on thier special offers page on website if anyone is interested, it finishes on Sun 15th.

I did try think fly but didn't find it very effective.