eland lodge one day event

racebuddy

Visit site
Good luck! Make sure your horse is fit (and you!) as it is a long and hilly course. Fences are up to height too.
HI THANK YOU , HE IS EVENTING FIT NOW DONE A LOT OF PREP THROUGH LOCKDOWN AND WATER TREADMILLS TOO , HE DID AN HOUR CROSS COUNTRY SCHOOLING AND THEN THE GALLOPS AND WAS FIT AS FIDDLE , IF I FIND HES GETTING TIRED WILL JUST RETIRE , HE DID A HUNTER TRIALS ON THE WEEKEND AND WAS FIT AS , SOME HORSES WERE FLAGGING , BLESS THEM , I AM HOPING ITS A NICE AND NOT TO SCARY COURSE , HES BEEN SCHOOLING OVER 90/100 OVER LOCKDOWN XX

ponymum

Visit site
Good luck everyone. I was supposed to be doing the clear round hunter trial the day after, but horse has thrown a sickie. I saw on Facebook that they are doing ground prep today on the course so the going should be good. EL is a lovely venue and very friendly, I'm sure you'll all have a great time

wish upon a star

Visit site
I think everyone just having lockdown nerves ect taking time to settle im so nervous and ive been schooling oher the 90/100 in lockdown but absolutely no way would i want go go and jump a full course x u should definitely donit x just have a chilled week i dodnt jump mine at all at home xxx
Thanks Racebuddy, you've made me feel better. Will see what happens tomorrow!
Mine jumped the newborough leap first time weirdly even though she refused easier jumps so it is definitely a rider frightener more than horse because I was scared of the photos! Good luck tomorrow :)

racebuddy

Visit site
Have fun everyone! it's my favourite ODE venue. Everyone is super friendly, it's well organised, the ground is great, everything is quite close together (but not too close) and the SJ is on a surface. What's not to like ?

Does anyone know how to jump the horseware rectangle shape ? One

Chippers1

Visit site
I've jumped it towards the right hand side (close to the flag) where it hasn't got a ditch. As long as you go between the flags you can jump it anywhere. Obviously it takes a little longer to get to the non ditch side!

Roxylola

Visit site
@racebuddy - this one?Screenshot_20210611-220028_CrossCountry.jpg
I ride up the none ditch side on the right cos Charlie can be ditchy sometimes so it takes a bit longer but time is cheaper than a refusal - then just off the other side