Embarrassing injury - what to do?

jules9203

www.pensdellequestrian.org.uk
Provided its clean and fairly superfacial, wash and dry the area with a hairdryer, it gets in all the creases. Then apply,
http://www.boots.com/en/Lanacane-Anti-Chafing-Gel-28g_51067/ ,you do not need very much. Its also good for runners nipples.
I could never understand when I was a teenager why my instructor wore old ladies knickers with long legs, I do now. Breathable thermal bloomers take the moisture away from the skin and do not ride up into the creases.
It not very Jilly Cooper, but its comfortable.

Padded knickers are great - you can get some especially for riding. Also absolutely agree with the long legged knickers!

Princess16

Visit site
I'm totally blaming my new "summer weight" jods. They are made of some kind of breathable material, rather than my normal cotton types ones. I might need to resort to gym trousers this weekend (and big knickers :eek: )

Ouchy ! I'd just wear the knickers :D

lucky7

Visit site
Sudocreme, should soothe it and also heal it too, works wonders for OH as he sometimes gets chafing, he calls it chefs ring haha

Tnavas

Visit site
OK peeps, please don't laugh!

I had a lesson last night, and the combination of new jods and lashing rain and leather saddle has resulted in me getting some really nasty friction burns between my bum crease and thigh on each inner leg :eek:

Due to the situation of the abrasions, every time I get out of my seat, it takes the top off the wound, and it is smarting *just a tad* After sitting in my office chair for most of the day, I now have two patches of goo inside my trousers (oh boy!) and the abrasions seem to be spreading.

I have two lessons booked for tomorrow, and at this moment in time I have no idea if I will be able to sit in a saddle :eek: never mind ride hard for an hour and a half.

Any ideas on how to treat said injuries? I tried talc last night, but the burns are oozing too much, and not keeping dry. I'm tempted to use aluspray, though that might involve too much contortion to apply... melonin and plenty of micropore? I'd probably be waddling, though probably not any more than I already am.

*sigh*

Oh I so know how you feel - after doing a 4hour ride with my Endurance fan friend I too had a blister on my butt! Fortunately I had some Hydrocortizone cream which I put on the blister - at least it stopped it hurting. Can you get some silk undies as they are so kind to tender skin?

If you don't have any Hydrocortizone cream then MiCremeH will work to sooth the skin.

blitznbobs

Visit site
Oh I so know how you feel - after doing a 4hour ride with my Endurance fan friend I too had a blister on my butt! Fortunately I had some Hydrocortizone cream which I put on the blister - at least it stopped it hurting. Can you get some silk undies as they are so kind to tender skin?

If you don't have any Hydrocortizone cream then MiCremeH will work to sooth the skin.

Don't use hydrocortisone on broken skin - very dangerous. Sudocrem is great in this kind of injury or any kind of nappy cream tbh...

Dr B

Tnavas

Visit site
Don't use hydrocortisone on broken skin - very dangerous. Sudocrem is great in this kind of injury or any kind of nappy cream tbh...

Dr B

Hi - what's the problem with using it on broken skin? I've used it lots on insect bites and on excema - which is what it was prescribed for - my doc has never mentioned not to use it on broken skin.

Nudibranch

Visit site
OH (doctor) tells me its not "very dangerous" to use hydrocortisone on broken skin, but not a good idea as it will impede healing. In the case of a burn, for example: eczema is different.

HufflyPuffly

Visit site
Using it on broken skin can set off extra inflammatory reactions (not a doctor but has worked in the field of these creams).