Emm, is this a thing???

ruth83

Visit site
I have used a large cuddly toy as a 'friend' for a horse who had separation anxiety before. It worked fairly well for him! I seem to remember reading that a 'name' had done it but I can't remember who!
I bought one for a couple of quid and the charity shop and removed/sewed up the bead eyes before giving it to him! (The aesthetics weren't great but the horse didn't care!!)

Pippity

Visit site
Blue would stamp on it, then poo on it, then stamp on it some more. (She doesn't feel she's pooed properly until she's stomped through it a few times.)

Ambers Echo

Still wittering on
Visit site
I saw something like this on my new yard in one of the stables. I assumed some kid had left their toy in the stable accidentally. :rolleyes:

Mule

Visit site
The beast was an orphan foal (I could still see him pooing on it though)?
Giant teddies are often used with orphan foals, some horses like them, some don't. We have one on the yard but no one takes any notice of it except for one stupid dog that is terrified of it!

TPO

Visit site
I've seen orphans with big soft toys but never seen anything like this specifically designed as a toy/comforter for a horse.
This anthropomorphism is quite something and at £35!

As I look at Chip in his jammies, cosied up in his bed playing on his ipad I wonder what sort of eejit would have a horse spoiled enough that you would buy a teddy bear ???

Dyllymoo

Visit site
Awww Johnny would love this. He is currently making good friends with Felix the cat at the yard (who adored my mare and was heartbroken when she was PTS, and is now coming round to the idea of a hairy muddy boy in her stable!)

Green Bean

Visit site
Seeming as it took a week for my mare to approach the newly installed Haybar in her stable, I can only imagine her reaction to a companion

Reactions: TPO

elliejhb

Visit site
Dolly would dragon snort at it then ignore it, although the plastic may interest her, no bottles are safe with her around, her favourite pastime is emptying the stable tidy when she's tied up.
Flynn would probably be convinced it was going to steal his food so would pull faces at it.

dorsetladette

Visit site
Yes he’s Welsh but Section D and 19 years old.... am curious why you ask (in a nice way if course ?)

I bred a section C filly, which I lost touch with about 18months/2years ago. Her stable name was Flyte. As its such an unusual name I hoped it may have been her. She is about 12.2, a really striking rose grey (pale now) with a black mane and tail. She had an attitude on her like you would not believe (like her mum) she was definately not a childs pony so I tried to stay in touch with her owners, but unfortunately she's changed hands and the new owners (even though they have been given my details) haven't kept intouch.

Rumtytum

Have Marmite, will travel
Visit site
I bred a section C filly, which I lost touch with about 18months/2years ago. Her stable name was Flyte. As its such an unusual name I hoped it may have been her. She is about 12.2, a really striking rose grey (pale now) with a black mane and tail. She had an attitude on her like you would not believe (like her mum) she was definately not a childs pony so I tried to stay in touch with her owners, but unfortunately she's changed hands and the new owners (even though they have been given my details) haven't kept intouch.
Really sorry I can’t help ☹️. Yes it is an unusual name (beautiful I think). Your Flyte sounds gorgeous, I hope very much you get to hear news of her.

Merrymoles

Visit site
Mine, who is currently on his fifth week of box rest and bored, would either be so terrified of it that he would jump out of his box (you should see his reaction to tinsel!!!), or would destroy it in seconds trying to find some carrots in it, as he is a master with a treat ball.

Reactions: TPO

BlackRider

Visit site
Apache was hand reared, and had teddies in his stable (from the charity shops) he apparently used to arrange them in a pile and sleep on them!

Also, he wa since turned out in a field where a fire had been lit, and it was still smoking (not by me!) he actually went and stood over the smoking ash and looked really pleased with himself as he'd found some heating in the field....

Apache was a one off :)